It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Urges New World Economic Order

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

www.nytimes.com

VATICAN CITY — Pope Benedict XVI on Tuesday called for a radical rethinking of the global economy, criticizing a growing divide between rich and poor and urging the establishment of a “world political authority” to oversee the economy and work for the “common good.”

He criticized the current economic system, “where the pernicious effects of sin are evident,” and urged financiers in particular to “rediscover the genuinely ethical foundation of their activity.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Talk about an attention getting headline for an ATSer...

I think the Pope's statement is representative of a growing feeling around the world that the profit-above-all-else financial system isn't fulfilling the needs of the world's population and I generally agree with that. I don't know what kind of 'world political authority' he is advocating, but I certainly think that the world is getting smaller by the day and there needs to be a way of protecting everyone's human rights.

I don't see this statement as sinister or part of a global plot to enslave the world, but rather a reaffirmation of the Catholic church's commitment to the more basic Christian ideals of charity and mercy.

www.nytimes.com

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by milesp

Jeez, now the pope is saying one global ecomony. I agree that money is the root of all evil and I think he may be implying the same, but who are these higher economic people he speaks of. Bilderburg..or what ever they call themselves?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Saturating religious citizen's with NWO propaganda, tag on some religiouse undertones... How could any devout catholic not accept the NWO now?

...one cohort at a time we will be deceived

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Kevin_X2]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
And you would be extremely naive friend. The Pope is one of the most vile people in the world. Don't even get me started on the Vatican. The world has as much need for a "Pope" as Britain does a Queen.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Isnt one of the theories about the coming of the Anti-Christ one that suggests that the pope himself is where it will begin?

This is one of the most unusual potentates we have had in my lifetime. He allows the belief in aliens, creates 7 new deadly sins and now calls for the next phase of the one world government.

I think his time under the hat might be the most interesting, with more unusual ideas yet to come from the country within a country.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
the knowledge hoarders of the ages are hiding inside the roman catholic church and the pope knows this. they have been the source of power for thousands of years. they just change their names and faces over time when its necessary to keep the illusion going for the masses that they control. what the pope is really saying is that he is ready to start killing off most of the worlds population because its destructive to our planet and the time is upon us to start the process. thanks mr. pope.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
He is in NO position whatsoever to give any public opinion on economics, especially endorsing a global one!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I have to agree with ModernAcademia here I sure as hell don't want the pope telling me that I'm can't be in control of what little money I have that's insanity. Futhermore or government isn't any better and just yesterday my bank was robbed. Just across the lot when it happened the guys threw away their guns and took off freaky stuff.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Sadly, I must concur with those who have expressed or implied what is the knee-jerk first response of many "You're one to talk!"

The Church could easily remedy a huge portion of the worlds financial problems if it's charitable efforts weren't cosmetic and self-serving.

The Vatican Bank is steeped in the same greed and Ponzi scheming as nearly any other such institution.

Perhaps they should set the example?

Furthermore, many anticipated the Church (many churches, actually) to pander to the notion that a singular ideology in global financing should be welcomed. The problem is, at least for me, I have little trust that the ideology he preaches, in practice, won't be more of an outright exploitation than ever.

There will be a single class of super citizen; mainly connected to corporate identity; and the rest of us will be one form or another of labor. We work and produce..., they 'lend'.

Sorry, I want to be encouraged but I am not. I do not have any remaining trust for those who have placed themsleves in the role of 'intellectual elite' to look out for the future of our children. As it stands now, they will be debt slaves, or serfs, to organizations comprised of 'superior' people who in the final analysis will never know what it means to go hungry or need money; while the rest of us will never know what it means to live without fear of financial crosses to bear.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
So? Who's the pope really? And why do people believe he has any say in the matter? This is creeping me out.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
The Church could easily remedy a huge portion of the worlds financial problems if it's charitable efforts weren't cosmetic and self-serving.

Amen. Star for you.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beach Bum
I have to agree with ModernAcademia here I sure as hell don't want the pope telling me that I'm can't be in control of what little money I have that's insanity.

Yep so insane, that he never suggested that. The encyclical quotes Ayn Rand vociferously, and speaks to the greatness of the virtued capitalist.

He then goes on to say that it is the drive of profit-above-all-else which is the problem, not you controlling your own money.

Futhermore or government isn't any better and just yesterday my bank was robbed. Just across the lot when it happened the guys threw away their guns and took off freaky stuff.

That is pretty wild...

[edit on 7-7-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Here's the quote from new encyclical:

there is urgent need of a true world political authority

That pretty much sums it up, pope outlines importance of urgent adoption of one-world government.

The letter goes into more details, here's the link (CHAPTER FIVE - THE COOPERATION OF THE HUMAN FAMILY):
www.vatican.va...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Just a reply to the original article:

Of course the Pope is going to say this. IMO The major religions of the world, specifically Catholicism, are in the same boat as the oil tycoons and the guys who want to make more more more, without worry of the consequences. Where there is popularity, where people follow, there is money to be made, no matter how corrupt, and how unbelievable the actions may seem.

As the Late George Carlin put it: "It's a big fuc*in club, and you aint' in it."

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

To you and ~Lucidity:

Uhgreed.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Check the Wordle!

www.wordle.net...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Rome has spoken! All hail Caesar...

The New World Order may now officially begin!

I would like to thank my good friend Mark Anthony at this time, and of course my dear nephew Octavio and of course all the people at Warner Brothers and General Electric and Gulf Western and Exxon, Royal Dutch Shell, the British West Indies Company and the Bank of England who had faith in this script and plot...

Sadly I can not accept this years Oscar for the Best Act of the Age of Pisces to protest instead what happened at Wounded Knee...

Thank you, thank you all.

[edit on 7/7/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Rome has spoken! All hail Caesar...

The New World Order may now officially begin!

I would like to thank my good friend Mark Anthony at this time, and of course my dear nephew Octavio and of course all the people at Warner Brothers and General Electric and Gulf Western and Exxon, Royal Dutch Shell, the British West Indies Company and the Bank of England who had faith in this script and plot...

Sadly I can not accept this years Oscar for the Best Act of the Age of Pisces to protest instead what happened at Wounded Knee...

Thank you, thank you all.

[edit on 7/7/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

(I really needed that laugh! Thanks!
)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by milesp

www.nytimes.com

He criticized the current economic system, “where the pernicious effects of sin are evident,” and urged financiers in particular to “rediscover the genuinely ethical foundation of their activity.”

What does the pope mean by the rediscovery of the genuinely ethical foundation of the financial sinners?

If a man's bull injures the bull of another and it dies, they are to sell the live one and divide both the money and the dead animal equally.
Exodus 21:35

So . . . that's like . . . like there's gonna be the bull market . . . like that stocks would go up and the unemployment down, if Ben Bernanke hits the Bible?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join