It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insect Drones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This article is from 2007. However, you can find multiple sources on via google as well.

Sightings of Elvis robotic-looking insects — combined with reports that the Pentagon is working on cyborg insects — is prompting people to speculate that the government has perhaps already deployed this super-cool technology. As the Washington Post reports in an article that truly made my day:

David pointed out that the idea wasn’t totally far-fetched. The biggest limitation for these types of drones is power. He wrote: "Beamed power micro UAVs would have obvious limitations – they’re not going to be flying hundreds of miles away over enemy territory. But for covert surveillance in the domestic arena, they might be just the thing. I have no idea whether there are any dragonfly spies out there yet; but if there aren’t now, there soon will be."

Source

No agency admits to having deployed insect-size spy drones. But a number of U.S. government and private entities acknowledge they are trying. Some federally funded teams are even growing live insects with computer chips in them, with the goal of mounting spyware on their bodies and controlling their flight muscles remotely

Source

These two articles are quite old. However, is it possible that the government has developed mini drones to spy on us? From the theories of citizens willing to let the govt. put microchips under their skin, I'd say this could be a wild one.

Do I believe it? I don't know. Doubtful. But I wouldn't put it passed them.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I hear there making drone sausages aswell. Dont eat them or bad things will happen. ww3 etc

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Thank God I'm a vegetarian

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Good find!

S&F

new topics

top topics

join