It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael who ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The guy made music.....big deal. So many other things that are important. The masses that follow movie stars ,musicians and such are nothing more than sheep. Once again the media fails.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
might I add to the rant?

it sickens me that this guy is being given this much attention and love now that he's gone. Yes, he was an incredible musician. Yes, he did tons of great things for children around the world but he also did some horrible things to them as well. Like OJ, you'd be hard pressed to find someone who thinks he was innocent of the pedophile charges he beat.

I hate the attention he's getting, I hate the people who have latched onto this in an effort to promote themselves (reverands sharpton and jackson, I mean you). I hate that the family is using this as a means of launching their own entertprises. His father might very well be the epitome of sleaze. The family sees this as one last grasp at the fame and fortune they once had. It's disgusting.

Hell, even the city of Los Angeles is riding a dead man's coattails.

People are dying around the world. The global economy is still sliding. Unemployment's rising.

but a pedophile, who gave wine to cancer patients and dangled his own (lol) kid over a balcony, died.

let's honor him. let's cannonize saint michael, patron saint of fondlers, buggery and pederasts.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Well he was a BIG influence for many musicians. Without him we would not have many stars that you say the world idolizes. I myself idolize nobody because imo they are still just a person, however there is nothing wrong with having an idol or someone to look up to in a professional way. You obviously didnt see the memorial service today then. Thousands showed up to pay their respects. What really made me tear up was when his daughter got up there and say he was the best dad in the world. THAT made me cry. Just because you dont like someone doesnt mean they didnt have a world wide impact on many people through music. So do you think the same of Elvis? Question for you, if you dont like tv and music and such as you pit it then what do you do for entertainment?

edit for bad typing...sorry have my eyes out so I cant see very well

[edit on 7/7/2009 by mblahnikluver]

new topics

join