It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. warns of multiple al-Qaida plots

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

U.S. warns of multiple al-Qaida plots

www.wtop.com

WASHINGTON - Last week, German authorities discovered that groups of terrorists may have been dispatched from training bases in Pakistan to launch crippling attacks.

In April, U.S. intelligence officials warned Germany about possible terror attacks. Since that time German security officials have reportedly been preparing for massive, multi-layered attacks for which al-Qaida has become known.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Of course, this is aggregated from Drudge's headlines and buried under the Michael Jackson related stuff.

I don't know how I feel about this but a warning is a warning. Many have stated that somewhere in Germany will be next. Germany is probably the most well structured economy on earth right now.

If they know of the plot, wouldn't they know who is involved? How would they know of the plot if they didn't at least gather intelligence. If they had that much intelligence to know of a plot, they had enough to identify the perps, at least that's what logic says! A spy on the inside should have been able to produce identities, cell codes or at least a route to follow that would quickly produce further leads... I would like to think.

Bunk? Or not bunk? I think it's a fine mix of both.

www.wtop.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I wonder why they would hit Germany so hard. Yes, they are an ally of the US but really haven't committed but a smidgen of resources to either war and for the most part pandered to the Muslim extremist.

Maybe they feel they can sway Germany like they did Spain?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Quoted from your link

"Shortly after the April warning, German Ambassador Klaus Scharioth said in an unrelated interview, "You will understand that I can't go into the details of the terrorist threat, but I can only tell you that we all know that we have to be vigilant and that we have to continue to work very hard on that, but I do not want to go into details."

The article goes on to suggest that multiple bombings like Madrid or Bali to get first-responders on the scene so that subsequent explosions can kill the maximum amount of victims.

"They say as a minimum of 12 al-Qaida operatives who were trained in the tribal region of Pakistan have left the training camps and are headed back to their home countries. Spain, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy and Egypt are just some of those countries."

I've never heard of Federal News Radio, is it a credible source? It looks interesting at first glance.

edit: I messed that up

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Hazelnut]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
They always say this.

All bull, just to torture people that want nothing to do with america.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Germany is the last economic hope & support of this recession. If it is destroyed or injured, the markets go freefall.

It's the strongest link of the world economic chain of command right now.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Hopefully they can stop it..I would like to go back to germany someday,with out it being on lockdown..

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If they know people have gone off for training and then know they have come back why not just question them or is it easier to track them and stop them with them caught red handed.

Hmm i dont know about other countries but the UK cant even track the small petty criminals ect so i dont think they can track these guys ? Am i right saying this.

Maybe they will stay away for glasgow this time ? will they try another airport ?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
Germany is the last economic hope & support of this recession. If it is destroyed or injured, the markets go freefall.

Germany?? Really??

I know they have a strong economy but their GDP has slipped farther than most countries in Europe since the start of this recession. Bringing Germany's economy down would hurt, but I don't think it would esculate anything further than Germany's economy since they are not a huge importer of US goods. It would hurt Russia more than any other European country because they get nearly all their energy from Russia.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
We have been hearing that line since 9/11..... we all know X-CIA or "al-Qaida" are against our gov...who isin't anymore? Im more worried about the gang in the White House.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Oh no, not again the Al Qaeda card. I'm getting kinda fed up with hearing for years Al Qaeda wants to attack this, Al Qaeda threatens that. It seems that every terrorist cell from Pakistan, Iraq or Afghanistan is classified as 'Al Qaeda', which I don't believe. I think there are many splinter cells operating in these countries, but have no connection at all to Al Qaeda.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

Currency markets are massive in Germany. It's, pretty much, the neutral hub of the EU's financial system, unofficially of course.

It's also probably the world's largest provider of silent partners, next to the UAE.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2
Oh no, not again the Al Qaeda card. I'm getting kinda fed up with hearing for years Al Qaeda wants to attack this, Al Qaeda threatens that. It seems that every terrorist cell from Pakistan, Iraq or Afghanistan is classified as 'Al Qaeda', which I don't believe. I think there are many splinter cells operating in these countries, but have no connection at all to Al Qaeda.

Your right is some regard, but look at AQ like MS13 here in the states. Really, the gang isn't all that large but nearly every other gang fallows MS13 guidlines and orders. Simular can be told of AQ.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

In a US centric way, they are probably not the strongest link, correct. But they are the mostly neutral tie that binds the international scene and keeps the patchwork economy of the world from ripping apart. Their GDP has suffered in the most realistic way of all. But it all pretty much gauges on them right now holding it together.

They can turn the leaky plank floor of this boat into a sieve.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican

You're kidding right? Germany is the last economic hope? They use the Euro, anyone tied to the Euro is not a last economic hope of anything.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

When you view it as Germany being the most stable powerhouse of the EU at the moment and the EU being over 30% of the global economy.. as the major EU economies become damaged by this recession, the rest are really feeling it.

Still though, I cant see how anything except a massive detonation or something of the sort would cause that much of a problem to the german economy..

It took 2 planes to fly into the world trade centre to put the US into recession..

Maybe a series of large explosions in key areas of the Frankfurt business district.. because that would damage the whole EU as it is the EU's largest.. Similar to a series of large explosions going off in the City of London would reverberate around the global financial system and cause serious problems to the EU.

Hopefully they sort it out.. Last thing we need now is a large scale mobilization of the Bundeswehr into the middle east because without doubt, it would be a final straw for the rest of the EU.

Its kind of convenient that this might happen in the exact time when its needed for both the US and EU in order to stimulate growth and secure commodities for the west.

We'll have to wait and see what happens.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Until the threat is "plan to blow up some trees in New Hampshire" I really dont care. I long for a return to an agri, rural, society. Think Amish sans taxation and religion. The more crap idiots blow up the faster we can get back there.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Anything from Drudge is crap. It's not worth the bandwidth it's transmitted on.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

False Flag?

It's called placing the blame before the event so you have a convenient scapegoat.

Anyone for a nice hot steaming plate of FEAR?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Until the threat is "plan to blow up some trees in New Hampshire" I really dont care. I long for a return to an agri, rural, society. Think Amish sans taxation and religion. The more crap idiots blow up the faster we can get back there.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

Yeah man! # all the progress humanity has made since it's inception. We need to go back to the days of the dark ages and the Spanish Inquisition, you know... peaceful times founded on agricultural rural society.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join