It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

novo virus abord ship, one dead 300+ sick

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

novo virus abord ship, one dead 300+ sick

news.bbc.co.uk

The consultant in public health medicine said: "It was quite late in the day yesterday when we became aware of all the facts and by that time a lot of the passengers had already been out and about.

"It is important to reassure the local population that the risk to them is extremely low.

"Novovirus for most people is relatively mild. It can be unpleasant, but within 12 to 24 hours most people make a full recovery.

"I would like to reassure the population in Invergordon that really there is a very low risk to them."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Ooh goody something else to worry about. First week of July and the Winter Sickness Bug comes ashore! Lets hope the PTB manage to contain this one.
This virus causes approximately 90% of epidemic non-bacterial outbreaks of gastroenteritis around the world, and may be responsible for 50% of all foodborne outbreaks of gastroenteritis in the US.
Hope this hasn't already been posted if so please feel free to remove. Peace

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
gee, this thread wouldn't have been nearly as interesting if it were titled

"lots of people get sick but will be fine tomorrow. no problems, don't worry everything is ok"

seriously wtf???

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
They told us the flu virus was nothing to worry about either and yet here we are at level 6.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Yes I saw this in the global incident map while I was looking for earthquakes yesterday. Invergordon is quite close to me (~60 miles) but there is no real worry. The man that died was 74 and died from heart problems, not the virus. Bad timing really..

As the above says, nothing much to worry about.

[edit on 2009-7-8 by pr0metheu5]

new topics

top topics

join