It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crashed UFO on Mercury???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
What are those two long tube like structures above the tower??
One seems to be actually above the surface ???

They look like part of the crater wall to me, and it does not look like being above the surface.

The "dark patch" makes me think of a large slab that was lifted on one side by the impact that made the crater, like if that area was still liquid bellow the surface but the surface had already somewhat cooled down and solidified.

I will try to locate that area.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I found the photo in IMG format, with the accompanying metadata, so we now have the coordinates of that place.

CENTER_LATITUDE = 18.66613
CENTER_LONGITUDE = 353.87183

Unfortunately, it is outside the previous images used on NASA's Worldwind.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Now, with more time, here is the image converted from the IMG file, rotated to put North at the top.

Photo CN0131771988M_IF_3
(Click for full size)

There is another photo (CN0131771988M_RA_3) that looks exactly like the one above, but there is also photo EN0131771988M, that does not look that dark

With North at the top
(Click for full size)

Original
(Click for full size)

According to the scale (270 metres per pixel), that "feature" is some 21 km wide.

The photo was taken with a wavelength of 747.7 nm (infrared), I don't know why the first one (and the other that I did not posted) look much more contrasted.

I could not find any more photos of that area, and those were found here.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
You guys really overuse the term U.F.O..

This thing isn't even flying!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

At least we are somewhat agreed on the idea that the surface must have not been completely solid and that, somehow, this object ended up in the position it is in.

As we see in the pics of the other craters, the central 'tower' protruding from most of them does tend to suggest some form of liquid/molten rock/substance that solidified before it had chance to fall in on itself.

To me, that alone is quite a feat. All those tons of material suddenly freezing in position. Incredible forces at work there.

This object could very well originate from Mercury and, as we tend to agree, has been semi submerged into the surface. I suggested earlier that it could have been airborne at one point in order for it to have spun itself into this circular formation.

Or as you suggest has been lifted from the floor. This makes me wonder what could have created it. It could have been the remains of a first strike, the material solidified as a disc, then a second strike, or even earthquake, could have lifted it into position.

Let's hope that another pass by Messenger will reveal more images of this area. I'm sure NASA would love to have more images of this so they can upgrade their description from 'a dark patch' to something a bit more scientific like 'a dark round thing'...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Here's some rotated images as you suggested.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/45e8a641d713.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/004becee8bff.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c2758ea88905.png[/atsimg]

The middle image kinda gives it an even more incredible look and feel. At first it looks like the ground just opened up and tried to swallow the disc.. but it also looks as though the disc walked into position (see the "footprints" trailing off behind from its left and right edges)

The other two images just leave me baffled and confused.. maybe because i am used to looking at the original, but the others just dont feel right.. even though it is the same object.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join