It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops in Camouflage! WTF?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
This was the scene behind the coffee shop in my little town. I happened to notice a bunch of cops in camouflage fatigues. Why in the hell would cops ever need camouflage? Isn't this blurring the line between police and military? There were alot more of them, before I went back to go to the bank. It looked like the entire police force. I don't get it. I have a feeling this is becoming alot more common place. I can't help but think of Alex Jones and "Police State". Supposedly, they've all been issued automatic weapons too, since 9/11.

Army Cops 1
Army Cops 2
Army Cops 3
Army Cops 4

Sorry, bad quality pics. My camera doesn't do distance shots too well.

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by Satyr]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
So where was the riot or the take down taking place.
This doesn't look like normal activity. They dress up like that when they go into prison cells to deal with recalcitrant inmates.....inmates call them the turtles.

Aka Ninja turtles. Very odd for daylight activities in civilian life....do you have more details....

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
WTF? This has absolutely nothing to do with a website! That's my own personal FTP, which I upped the pics to. There is no "website" in this thread, just some pics.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
nothing weird about that. it was probably some training excercise. i've seen them do stuff like this on the discovery channel. it was for surveillance or something. i cant remember.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It's very weird. This is a small town, and it appeared that every single cop on the force was there, before. Even if it is training, what in the hell are they training to do? Isn't anything that big the military's job?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
It's very weird. This is a small town, and it appeared that every single cop on the force was there, before. Even if it is training, what in the hell are they training to do? Isn't anything that big the military's job?

well why not ask your local police what its about? they might answer, who knows might be a swat team or other advanced unit.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
They do look like a swat team. The lady looks like a FED.
To me that what it looks like right before the kick in my door. The swat anywhere almost always wear camo, or all black.

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This is a very small town. They don't even have a SWAT team. There's no point in asking them, really. It's obvious that it's training. I just don't get why regular civilian police need to be dressed like soldiers. That's the first time I've ever seen cops dressed that way, and I've been alive for quite awhile. It's just bizarre to see a crapload of small town cops walking around in full army fatigues. They do have places where they normally train, and behind the coffee shop isn't one of them.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Not too weird. Can everyone say County SWAT Training Exercise? It's time for a little CommonSense.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
These aren't county cops, I'm telling you. Their city cars are parked all over the place. And there were also another bunch of cops dressed in black, like SWAT, but they disappeared before I got back. But the cops here are very gung ho, they tend to dress like SWAT all the time anyway. Their normal uniforms look similar.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   

. But the cops here are very gung ho, they tend to dress like SWAT all the time anyway. Their normal uniforms look similar.

That's the first time I've ever seen cops dressed that way, and I've been alive for quite awhile.

Can you make up your mind? Do they or dont they?

How far where you away to take the pic? What kind of camra?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I meant in camo and army helmets.
I was across the street, in the car. And it's an Olympus Camedia D510. Why?
You have to understand, this is a tiny little farm town. Everyone was wondering what was up. Don't get me wrong. I've lived in big cities most of my life, so I'm not a farm town guy.
I just happen to live here at the moment.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Well...

Don't know what they're doing, but watch the local news. The lady leaning against the dumpster appers to have a camcorder, and a note pad in her pocket, maybe she is a news reporter reporting a training exercise...

**Edit to add photo**

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by Yoda]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Yes, it is a camcorder, but it wasn't professional equipment. That much I could tell. She's not a TV reporter. There was also an ambulance with lights flashing. I thought something was going on, at first, but then noticed that they were far too casual. A few of them were walking down the road, and appeared to be horsing around.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

This is a very small town. They don't even have a SWAT team. There's no point in asking them, really. It's obvious that it's training. I just don't get why regular civilian police need to be dressed like soldiers. That's the first time I've ever seen cops dressed that way, and I've been alive for quite awhile. It's just bizarre to see a crapload of small town cops walking around in full army fatigues. They do have places where they normally train, and behind the coffee shop isn't one of them.

personally i thnk they should wear camo and have automatic weapon and a side arm, might have an effect on criminals if cops looked scarier but thats another thing, i think it is swat, i used to live in a small town and they had a swat team with apc's, helicopters, etc.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
So you think the military should just patrol the streets?
You're in favor of a police state?

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   

So you think the military should just patrol the streets?
You're in favor of a police state?

no, lol hold on for a sec, i just meant police who looked scary and are armed better might(in some cases) make a criminal think twice about certain crimes.

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by namehere]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Yep, I'd say Swat Team. We've had a few Intense Murders and Manhunts around where I live lately and on more than one occasion I've seen the Swat Guys riding around in there 'Tank-Like' armored vehicle followed by a Van full of more Guys. All of them looked just like that exactly. Except they looked a lot more Busy, Hot and Bloodthirsty than the guys in your pictures.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   

These aren't county cops, I'm telling you. Their city cars are parked all over the place. And there were also another bunch of cops dressed in black, like SWAT, but they disappeared before I got back. But the cops here are very gung ho, they tend to dress like SWAT all the time anyway. Their normal uniforms look similar.

Satyr,
You post with questions, yet, when someone responds, you seem to know more than they do. If this is the case, why post at all. Have you been a member of a SWAT team? Have you lived in anything but a small town? Do you know if a team has more than one type of uniform. Have you been watching too much TV. What did the assault uniforms look like at Waco?

When I look at your photos, it screams training! Been there, done that!

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
Satyr,
You post with questions, yet, when someone responds, you seem to know more than they do. If this is the case, why post at all. Have you been a member of a SWAT team?

No, but a close family friend retired from SWAT. I'm not unfamiliar with SWAT at all.

Have you lived in anything but a small town?

I already answered this question above, but if you must know, this is the first time I've ever lived in a town with less than 1 million population. I stayed here for 2 years once before, back in '90. Other than that, I've always lived in or near pretty big cities.

When I look at your photos, it screams training! Been there, done that!

This too, I've already pointed out. It was obvious that it's training. I just don't get why these small town bumpkin cops need to go full military issue.

Are you only here to heckle me? If so, you can leave now.
Please read the posts before you post. It might save me from repeating myself.

Originally posted by namehere
no, lol hold on for a sec, i just meant police who looked scary and are armed better might(in some cases) make a criminal think twice about certain crimes.

Oh! I see...you just want people with military equipment patrolling the streets, only with no military training?
And if that's not what you were saying, then what would be the difference?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join