Al Gore likens fight against climate change to battle with Nazis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Al Gore likens fight against climate change to battle with Nazis

www.timesonline.co.uk

Al Gore today compared the battle against climate change with the struggle against the Nazis.

The former US Vice President said the world lacked the political will to act and invoked the spirit of Winston Churchill by encouraging leaders to unite their nations to fight climate change.

He also accused politicians around the world of exploiting ignorance about the dangers of global warming to avoid difficult decisions.

Speaking in Oxford at the Smith School World Forum on Enterprise and the Environment, sponsored by The Times, Mr Gore said: “Winston Churchill aroused this nation in he
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Really? Its like the Nazi invasion? Come on man, when is this guy going to finally shut his pie hole? There have been so many scientist in the world that have exposed this guy so many times, hes like a choir boy at church camp.

He just keeps going tho, i gotta hand it to him, hes tenacious! I wonder how much hes going to make out of all this cap and trade if it goes through? Ill make one bet, ill bet its a lot and ill bet youll be seeing a lot more of his face when he has more money to push this PROPAGANDA.

I really hope people are waking up and not buying into this stuff so fast without reading the facts.

This is an insult to people of the world to compare a travesty like WWII to a bunch of hypothetical , unfounded BS spewed by people who are looking to line their pockets.

BOOOOO

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-7-2009 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Sounds like he is getting more and more desperate to sell this scam and is thus turning to ever more bizarre analogies.

I'm just waiting for "Global Climate change is the Anti-Christ" now...at which point I think I'll be ready to find myself a small island somewhere or constantly watch the skies at night trying to hitch a lift outta here with any passing ET's.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

This guy is a fool and the jury is still out on the causes of climate change. Yet this hypocrite is out steam-rolling his agenda! These double-talking slime balls make my skin crawl. I guess people don't know about his private gulf-stream jet and all the energy being used at his palatial estate in Tennessee. Read the article below and you will see what kind of two-bit slime ball we are dealing with.

abcnews.go.com...

These revelations alone show, that the man has lost all credibility on the subject. On top of things, his scientific experience is null. Yet he is talking like a scientist. I affectionately refer to Mr. Gore as an out-house lawyer. Lets see what kind of wealth the man can bring in by the world and the US implementing his fascist policies.

If any one is acting like the Nazis it is Mr. Gore and his climate change goons. Personally, I think governments' and the business community should take what ever he says with a grain of salt and ignore his spewing. Shame on you Mr. Gore for dishonoring the sacrifice of the those who died in WWII by comparing their struggle to your own private crusade.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
First I'm a terrorist, now I'm a member of the SS? Man I am just making the rounds.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I think this is proof positive that Gore has indeed fallen off of his rocker. Permanently.

These are truly the desperate words of a man looking to make billions off of the sale of carbon credits. I expect to hear "Pretty Please With Sugar On Top" coming from his lips next.

He just needs to go away for awhile.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Ive got 4 words for you.......and if you havent seen it Hulu it on their website...

Southpark-Man Bear Pig

awwwww yeah

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

You know, when I look at the way Al Gore potrays global warming with no credibility whatsover and a money orientated solution along with the fact he is a politician.

I seriously would not be surprised if he is actually meaning the amount of pollution caused by the holocaust in the war with the nazis as opposed to the amount of suffering when they burnt all those people.

When I try and fathom how else he is comparing global warming to the holocaust I cannot understand where he gets this analogy from.

Twisted little man indeed if I am correct.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

I disagree, he is far from a fool. (his net worth climbed from 1 million in 2001 to about 100 million today!) Let the money speak! He found his cash cow.

This is his personal bread & butter for the future.

Also, Pelosi, Waxman, and Marky have prepared to make a personal fortune if the Cap & Trade Scam is passed.

NOTE: I want a clean environment and propose Algae oil and garbage plasma as real solutions. I understand that many of you want to reduce CO2 but the Carbon Credit Scam will not do that and it is obvious. This is simply a money scam for "paper traders", "investment bankers", and "politicians" to get really really rich.

newsbusters.org...

Clearly far from a fool:

Al Gore's net worth at $100 million, which isn't bad considering that he was supposedly worth about $1 million when he watched George W. Bush get sworn in as president in January 2001.

Al Gore is chairman and founder of a private equity firm called Generation Investment Management (GIM). According to Gore, the London-based firm invests money from institutions and wealthy investors in companies that are going green. "Generation Investment Management, purchases -- but isn't a provider of -- carbon dioxide offsets,"

GIM appears to have considerable influence over the major carbon-credit trading firms that currently exist: the Chicago Climate Exchange (CCX) in the U.S. and the Carbon Neutral Company (CNC) in Great Britain. CCX is the only firm in the U.S. that claims to trade carbon credits.

But if the day ever comes when federal government regulations require greenhouse-gas emitters -- and that's almost everyone -- to participate in cap-and-trade, then those who have created a market for the exchange of carbon credits are in a position to control the outcomes. And that moves Al Gore front and center. As a politician, Gore is all for transparency. But as GIM chairman, Gore has not been forthcoming, according to Forbes magazine. Little is known about his firm's finances, where it gets funding and what projects it supports.

After addressing how intimately tied to the investment firm Goldman Sachs Gore and his GIM associates are, Barnes presented further nefarious connections that make Ken Lay's Enron network in the '90s look almost amateurish:

We do know that Goldman Sachs has commissioned the World Resources Institute (affiliated with CCX), Resources for the Future, and the Woods Hole Research Center to research policy options for U.S. regulation of greenhouse gases. In 2006, Goldman Sachs provided research grants in this area totaling $2.3 million. The firm also has committed $1 billion to carbon-assets projects, a fancy term for projects that generate energy from sources other than oil and gas. In October 2006, Morgan Stanley committed to invest $3 billion in carbon-assets projects. Citigroup entered the emissions-trading market in May, and Bank of America got in on the action in June.

Some environmentalist groups disparage Gore and his investment banker friends. They say the Gore group caters to others who share their financial interest in the carbon-exchange concept. The bulletin of the World Rainforest Movement says that members of a United Nations-sponsored group called the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) stand to gain by approving Gore's carbon-trading enterprise. The IPCC has devised what it says is a scientific measure of the impact of greenhouse gases on global warming. In fact, the critics charge, the IPCC sanctions a mechanism that mainly promotes the sham concept of carbon exchange.

The global non-profit organization Winrock International is an example of one IPCC panel member that seeks out groups and individuals with an interest in carbon trading. Arkansas-based Winrock provides worldwide "carbon-advisory services." Winrock has received government grants from the EPA, USAID and the Departments of Labor, State and Commerce, as well as from the Nature Conservancy (whose chairman used to be Henry Paulson). Winrock argues that cap-and-trade carbon trading is the best way to prevent a climate change crisis. But consider this: When a non-profit group takes money from oil companies and advocates drilling for oil as a solution to energy shortages, it is certain to be attacked as a tool of Big Oil. So far, the groups linked to Al Gore have avoided similar scrutiny.

Why is that? Why does everything Gore is involved in avoid government and media scrutiny?

While you ponder, there's more:

In June 2006, the World Bank announced that it, too, had joined CCX, saying that it intended to offset its greenhouse gas emissions by purchasing emission credits through CCX. The bank says its credits would contribute to restoring 4,600 hectares of degraded pastureland in Costa Rica. Somehow, CCX has figured out that this is an amount equivalent to 22,000 metric tons of emission that the bank calculates are created by its activities.

A World Bank blog called the Private Sector Development Blog regularly features items touting Al Gore and the concept of carbon credits. Its articles typically announce corporate "green" initiatives in which carbon credits are said to cancel out "bad" CO2 emissions released by a company's activities.

In fact, the World Bank now operates a Carbon Finance Unit that conducts research on how to develop and trade carbon credits. The bank works with Italy, the Netherlands, Denmark and Spain to set up carbon-credit funds in each country to purchase emission credits from firms for use in developing countries. In addition, it runs the Carbon Fund for Europe helping countries meet their Kyoto Protocol requirements. These funds are traded on the ECX (half of which is owned by CCX, itself a creature of Al Gore's firm, Generation Investment Management). Can we connect the dots?

So it seems banks and investment houses are going green, eager to enter an emerging emissions market. Meanwhile, environmentalists are discovering new ways to get rich while believing they are saving polar bears and rainforests.

Add it all up, Al Gore really is perpetrating a scheme that could end up being much more costly to Americans than anything Ken Lay did. As if that's not bad enough, our media are totally complicit rather than doing their jobs exposing the scam.

People, please stop making this about if Global Warming is real or not argument! Look at what is being done, If implemented this will NOT reduce a single ton of CO2 output. Stop being suckered into emotional and science debates when this "solution" is a fraud. Real Solutions are needed, Stop these people from committing one of the largest frauds in history!

[edit on 7-7-2009 by infolurker]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Its more sensible to liken the fight against climate change to nazi policy, as opposed to against it.

Hitler used the same tactics to dramatically increase taxing, and now Al Gore is singing the nazi tune.

man, i hate this guy. Im super serial.

half man, half bear, half pig

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

I absolutely agree with you 100%

The only problem is , they arent going to ignore this guy, because he speaks their language. Green. And im not talking about the environment.

Everything he pushes only furthers the cause for governments and the special interest groups in them to make bookoos of bucks.

The more he can sell this propaganda to people that will buy it the more they can push their bills through to make more money.

Its a prime example of theories being presented so long people take them as fact, and it feeds directly into the agendas of certain individuals and companies.

It really is disgusting, the only question is how to stop it, if we even can!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Al Gore is a very rich scam artist looking to get richer.

2nd verse same as the first

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I fell out of my chair just now, you know you brought up a good point.

I never thought about it like that, I could see this guy drawing a direct correlation between being shoved in an oven in a camp, and global warming frying the people of the world.

Kudos for thinking outside the box

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

I wasn't admonishing his business acumen, and clearly, with the evidence you presented; he is no fool. However, given the subject he is crusading about and his general lack of scientific knowledge he is a fool. Consider him as a snake oil salesman nothing more and nothing less. Your evidence also shows that he is doing this for money while putting on the face of a concerned inhabitant of the earth.

Unfortunately, many are falling for his scam hook, line, and sinker. Any scientist that delivers evidence contrary to Mr. Gore and his agenda; they are immediately scorned and discredited as having an agenda of their own. I would liken Mr. Gore to the people we have all come to scorn lately, Bernie Madoff and the good ol' boys at Enron. Mr. Gore is out to fatten his pockets at the expense of the world's liberty and prosperity.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Maybe I should go out side and spray paint an SS on the side of my 3/4 ton gas guzler pick up..Hell its white too,but then I'll be arrested for being racist..Ah,the problems with subtle protesting anymore...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
As much as this type of statement shows how Gore is always trying to get his sales pitch across, he wants the issue spotlighted so much but also wants to be known as the "Patton" who was the game changer in this "war". No doubt people and states alike need to find common ground on the issue while still allowing both sides to accomplish their adjectives. Something is wrong with the way we are treating the planet but partisanship is the biggest road block in getting any kind of serious resolution to this problem. Something is also wrong with Al Gore advocating policy towards steering the intricateness of how the "new system" should work, while simultaneously standing to make unprecidented profits off of a science without any background. There is no model for which Gore can attest any of his policies will work and the tax payers literally cannot afford for politicians and lobbyists to keep getting it wrong and misjudging the severity of things. Al Gore should be commended for his work on helping the environment, but he should also separate his private sector profit interests, and his public service policy pushing and pick either one or the other. He cannot take money out of the pockets of Americans while he is stuffing his and expect us to hail him an environmental Saviour. Still trying to figure out how he won the Nobel Peace Prize for making a science fiction movie, lol. If everyone could make money to clean the Earth we wouldn't be in this situation right now I'll bet.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Perhaps Mr. Gore has made a slight error in grammar...,

Perhaps he meant to liken the fight against climate change with the battle "of" the Nazi's.

After all, they will use every propaganda tool and superlative to create an illusion..., that surrendering money to middlemen enterprises will magically stop the 'climate change' - (I notice they don't dare call it global warming anymore) and save us from the horrors of.... well, from whatever it is they claim to be saving us.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jnewell33

While im not sure how partisanship should come into play here, I dont think thats the problem.

I agree that we should be mindful, stop the littering, clean up after ourselves, stop duping into the ocean etc etc.

However there is no HARD science for ANYTHING Gore has come up with.

And its not just the United States hes targeting , its the world. Hell even IF the US decided to implement every idea he had, and all the science was truth, it wouldnt make a bit of difference because the rest of the world wouldnt play ball, and our part would make NILL in effect to the environment, so thats kind of a moot point.

Al Gore doesnt have any public service policy. All he is doing is pushing an agenda, both for financial gain and some amount of personal credibility.

He knows that even if the science isnt there even if people know hes a loon, if the rest of the world goes along with it he will gain status and cash, and all the people behind the scenes for programs like Cap and Trade will get big bucks.

The only person Gore cares about is himself, its not a crusade for humanity or the planet, its a crusade for his own personal and political gain.

Dont get me wrong, i agree with you on many of your points, and I agree how he got the NPP is a mystery to me. In my eyes hes nothing more than the Captain Planet equivalent of Micheal Moore, throwing out half truths, and outright lies, KNOWING that a vast majority of people wont do any research and will take his works as gospel.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Gore is a Nazi.

He wants his money badly and wants your support to slap a carbon tax on ya.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
His heart might of started out in the right place about helping the enviroment but now i think he is in it for the money and with cap and trade passed in the house and probably going to pass in the senate all he is seeing is dollar signs.I heard on the the glennbeck show that most of his investments are in green stocks and if the climate bill passes he could become the first green billionare.Thats why i think he his doing what he is doing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join