It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Solider Your Gov't Doesn't care about you!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I am experiencing this 100% right now. I am currently in the military, and I am on my way out....not by choice. I am not going to get into my past, but lets just say that I am getting the shaft bigger than I thought anyone could get it.

The gov't acts like it cares about us, as long as it is in the best interest of the gov't....otherwise, well you get the picture.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

I'm not comparing anything..especially this war on terror farce..

The fact of the matter is,if the US did not have a standing army,we would have been taken over years ago,way before mine and yours lifetime..

Its a neccasary evil to have a military..yes they do use it as a testing ground..But to say that they do not care about them is like saying your boss doesnt care about your well being..

And please dont say that its all a sham,that the PTB run all the continents and use us as chess peices as soloman implied..There is a world that revolves outside that isnt based on some conspiracy theory..

To the OP I know your anti military but god dam,if you dont relize that it is a needed part of what makes a country a country,I think your the one that needs to wake up..

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

What are you talking about? Where in my thread or opinion did I EVER say the US shouldn't have a standing military? Having a standing army ready to protect our shores and the American people and any threats abroad is completely different than regime change/empire building and the overthrowing of governments in order to serve corporate and financial interests. Since when does having a standing military = having 700+ bases on 130 different countries. When does having a standing army and strong national defense = a 600+ billion defense budget when the US economy is in the toilet.

And who the hell says we'd be taken over? That's your opinion. Even if we didn't get involved in WWII what makes you so sure we'd all be speaking German or Russian? I guess if we weren't out policing the world right now the Chinese would attack us and take us over? I suggest you checkout the other thread on ATS about fighting a war on US soil. It more than covers the subject.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Zosynspiracy]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Yeah, i was wondering too where anyone got the idea that we were saying we should have no military. Thats silly. We were just pointing out the truth that to our government, soldiers are very much disposable assets. Its a fact. We werent suggesting any alternatives. Sorta like, "hey, its ok to be a stooge, if thats what you like, but PLEASE, REALIZE you are a stooge, and stop trying to say how great it is!"

Thats the painful part. Not just that these people are disposable, but that they are so brainwashed that they think its the best thing since snickers Ice cream bars (mmm those are so good)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
You know what folks, I think we can all discuss this without attacking others and calling names and basically baiting, which will derail a thread quickly.

Quite frankly if folks can't discuss this civilly I and other mods will start handing out red badges like candy.

So please discuss this all you want but do it civilly any deviation from this point on will be met with zero tolerance.

Thanks,

spiderj

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

[Self-snip]

I don't want to argue personalities. If you'd like to submit some evidence that both the U.S. and Soviet nukes were financed by TPTB, I'd be happy to take a look at it, tell you my honest view.

[edit on 7/7/09 by argentus]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Wake up! Quit sacrificing your life for a government that doesn't care about you or your families.

certainly sounds like your implying that no one should join the military to me..but hay maybe I'm the dim bulb of the bunch..

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Don't say ANYTHING about soldiers if you are just sitting around on your on the computer. Atleast they are doing something, and the war may be wrong, but still, atleast they are doing something.

Show a little respect. I have a dead sister (Rest in peace Lauren, you always were and still are our angel, not to mention a hero, I miss and love you 'lil sis) who was a marine, please show a little respect. Some of the anti-military things I've read on here make me feel like some people are crapping on my little sister and all the others who have died. I swear I see the most disrespectful stuff towards soldiers on this board sometimes...

Guys, its the america GOVERNMENT that is corrupt, it isnt us civilians, it isnt the soldiers.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by jeasahtheseer]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I think his point is to force change....boycotting the military for a bit would do that.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Soldiers, Marines, Sailors, Guardsmen, whoever else suits up... God Bless You, and THANK YOU!!!

I wish that things were different. I had signed on the dotted line once myself. The truth of it is that once you do that, they pretty much own you. They make no bones about it and make sure you know it. You are theirs, to do with what they will.

It's a job. A thankless, difficult job.

I don't agree that we need to project our force so far around the globe. We have so much to worry about at home. I just want my brothers, sisters and friends to come home. Safe, alive and in once piece.

A man's gotta eat.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Thank you too. I don't consider you stupid for having signed the dotted line, and I also don't want to imply that the OP was saying that.

I agreed with some tenants of the original post -- I believe [at least] the U.S. government has experimented on some of their enlisted. I don't believe, however, that makes them fools, and they sure as hell aren't asleep.

Thank you for honoring those that have chosen to fight for their country.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
look everytime I see your post - I get pissed ... please change the title...
because these are our sons and daughters and freedom isnt free... and I dont see the point of bringing down our defenses moral with your dribble...
it may surprise you to know... WE KNOW... but we must comply with our way... events like this end one of two ways... either by conflict or negoitated ... they called, and now we are waking up 300 Million Americans 1 American at a time... as a off shoot ... we are waking up more foreigners than our own citizens... if you are for Justice then your our Alley, I believe that if the Government can not stand the brightness of day light then its not doing the peoples work... and not working is cause for dismissle... and the last I heard -- I dont know why I typed all that... but there it is...
so WE KNOW they dont give a damn... the question is how many are gonna flee/// jump ship if you will.... before it sinks... hummm.... wonder if we will still have a military - since the higher ups are clearly involved....

[edit on 7-7-2009 by BornPatriot]

[edit on 7-7-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

God help me, BornPatriot, that was crystal clear to me.

Not the first time.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
okay first of all yes iam a soldier i was in active duty for 3 yrs and 15months of them were overdseas and yea i disliked damn near every month of it, but i would do it over again if i could but now im in the reserves because of the way the economy is going. And i will be honest iAM glad that you put this up because now you understand or hope you will understand that your are able to speek freely of your OPINION and not kept all together from getting on the internet caues our rights arnt completly taken away yet....we as soliers give up that right as soon as we enlist...and thats our choice because we live in America....i if you would like to know or even if you dont i let you in on why i enlisted....a part of it was to serve my neighbor but in all actuality it was because i really wanted to to college and i felt that enlisting was the best for ME. yes when you enlist you give up some of your rights but thats what you sign up for.

thanks......

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

The troops aren't fighting to protect Americans over in Iraq
There is no threat to America or any other western country from Iraq.I thought the Troops were over there fighting for the Iraqi people in order to free Iraq and build a democratic Iraq.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
well isn't that why they keep telling us, to support the troops?they now someone has to. be nice if they would at least pitch in.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
well the airforce is doing pretty good

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Young men do not become soldiers because of what their government thinks of them; out of numerous surface reasons, the underlying main one is out of patriotism. Duty, honor and country breed loyalty; most soldiers KNOW Uncle Sam will screw them at a moments notice, but we count on our people at home to support us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join