It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Public Enemies" a review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
For true fans of cinema, this is on of the most well crafted films you will see in a long time. Michael Mann and his crew have raised the bar for other directors to follow. Public Enemies was great with some of the actual locations where Dillinger roamed and robbed. Set dec, Location, editing,script, everything was first rate.

Depp, Bale, Cotillard and all the supporting cast were fantastic.
Background music with Billie Holiday, sweet. Mann alway has great music in his films. Remember "The Last Mohican's" fantastic!!

If this film doesn't sweep all the awards for cinematography, something is wrong.

A long film and I enjoyed every second.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Seems like everything I've read on this film has been terrible. I'm sure either way I'll see it when released on DVD, but the reviews on this film haven't seemed to be good.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
reply to post by whaaa

Seems like everything I've read on this film has been terrible. I'm sure either way I'll see it when released on DVD, but the reviews on this film haven't seemed to be good.

I can understand how some reviewers might not like this film because the story was a little thin.

But after being involved with movies now for over a year as an PA/extra/bit player/driver; I can see the incredible detail in movie making that I once took for granted.

I thought that Mann's vision of the 30s gangster era, albeit heavily romanticized, was fantastic.

This film wasn't a huge epic, but still needs to be seen on the big screen imo.

join