It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope calls for Financial New World Order

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Benedict has issued an edict for a one world currency:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

So, where do you want your mark, your right hand or your forehead

EDITED BELOW: I gave the above link in haste, and it wasn't the best one to use, hence the replies below. Sorry everyone

anyway, here is a better one out of 860 currently on google news which clearly indicate the one world currency:

www.forbes.com...

END OF EDIT

[edit on 7-7-2009 by sinthia]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Holy crap!

What's even worse, there are hundreds of million of sheeple catholics that will buy anything that old rotweiler says.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sinthia

Benedict has issued an edict for a one world currency:

I didn't see that mentioned in the article anywhere. Can you quote that part of the article for me because I'm missing it.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Yep, I'm not seeing it in there, either. He called for global economic reform, to bring morality back into the mix instead of what he referred to as a technocracy. He went on to say (in the above linked article):

'The conviction that the economy must be autonomous, that it must be shielded from "influences" of a moral character, has led man to abuse the economic process in a thoroughly destructive way,' he said.

'In the long term, these convictions have led to economic, social and political systems that trample upon personal and social freedom, and are therefore unable to deliver the justice that they promise,' he added.

I'm not seeing how any of that advocates a one world currency...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by junglejake

Thanks for clearing that up guys and or gals.
Way to be on the ball.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by scordar
What's even worse, there are hundreds of million of sheeple catholics that will buy anything that old rotweiler says.

Yea, definitely..

I better go out and buy a T Shirt that says "I love New Financial World Orders" to go with my "I Love the Pope" cap.. Its just coz us Catholics are soooooooo impressionable.

Anyway, do you think any Catholic educated enough to know anything about global finances and their order would listen to the Pope? Not likely.

Also, by reading what he actually said, you might get a grasp on what he actually said.. which was nothing about a new world/financial order.

I'll be cancelling that T Shirt then..

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
My mom has worked for the Church for 20 years.

This last Easter at Sunday Mass....Our priest let the cat out of the bag.

The entire church turned to my family as the Priest began his speech about a New World Order.

To cut to the chase, I was sick to my stomach and the Priest knows where I stand. Plenty of people were upset about his homily as it had NOTHING to do with Easter.

Oh yes the Masses will buy into this crap.

However I will die trying to free their minds!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

"I Love the Pope" cap...

Yeah, maybe not you or most of the people in this forum. Anyway, there are more than one billion catholics in this world and i bet there is a LOT of 'em that takes what ever that old geezer says as a word from god...

but, as you said there really wasn't much of a NWO agenda in that article anyway..

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I admit it wasn't the best weblink. I was so excited to start the thread I used the first link I found = to my shame

Anyway, this one is more comprehensive:

www.forbes.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
yeah, hes a reall smart guy.
having a one world curreny will mean that the vaticans assets and money will be about a fith of what it is worth now. idiot doesn't know what he is talking about.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sinthia

Even that article doesn't explicitly call for a one world currency. He does make some troubling remarks calling for a one world government near the end of the transcript, though, with the economic crisis being the catalyst for such a government.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Here is a link to a wall street journal article

Link to article

I wonder how this coincides with Obama's visit on the 10th?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Edit: double post

[edit on 7-7-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Here is the full text for those that are interested:

www.vatican.va...

Eric

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by scordar

Ill send you a picture of it.. its a pretty cool cap.. got a little cross on the back and some rosary beads hanging across the peak - looks pretty good when its worn backwards. Its a must have for our little Catholic disco's

To be fair with Catholics, the vast majority of practicing ones I know have no time for the Vatican. Its only a spiritual religion for them and they have no time for the politics... especially seeing as the history of the Church and its past are no secret to any of them.

The things is that because of the amount of Catholics, the Pope is seen as holding a decent bit of political clout and therefore is listened to by world leaders..

Then again, if he was told to get lost, I must admit i would be a bit pissed.. I think its more of an ethnic thing though... or annoyance at disrespect.. Probably a bit of both.

top topics

join