It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun Watch Thread!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAgain

I've been watching this all day it's been up and down there was a little flare up on the right sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov... yesterday.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
www2.nict.go.jp...

hmm seems pressures building again

edit as its a couple of minutes more up to date, im seeing some white in there, reaching high presssure now

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Free4Ever2]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Free4Ever2

I know you have asked for people in the magnetosphere thread here www.abovetopsecret.com...

to now post in this new thread about the sun.

I would respectfully ask you - to look at the magnetosphere thread - which has been going on now for A VERY LONG TIME since 5/11/09 - and respect that it is the thread that has been STRICTLY about that.

This thread is good about sun observations etc. but the other thread is about the magnetosphere. Personally I don't feel it is right that you have now asked for people to post in this thread about the magnetosphere now.

That is my opinion.

Please respect other threads that have been going on for awhile.

I will respect your threads and I will never try and hijack a thread of yours that has been posted in continually and has been ongoing with information about a certain subject.

Thanks
QA

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I have been constantly refreshing these threads today. I have also been constantly refreshing the spaceweather.com website. The webmaster just recently posted this.

Many readers are writing to ask if this sunspot is going to produce a major solar storm today, July 7th. Such a storm was "predicted" by a set of crop circles in England, and the solar blogosphere has been abuzz with speculation. The answer is "no." A major storm is not in the offing. Sunspot 1024 is relatively large, but it does not have the kind of complex magnetic field that poses a threat for major eruptions. Crop circles, it turns out, are not a useful tool for forecasting solar activity.

www.spaceweather.com

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

i didnt ask people to post in my thread, i merely gave a link to my thread where there was a more up to date picture of the magnetosphere, yours respectfully, free4ever2

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cruxshadows
I have been constantly refreshing these threads today. I have also been constantly refreshing the spaceweather.com website. The webmaster just recently posted this.

Many readers are writing to ask if this sunspot is going to produce a major solar storm today, July 7th. Such a storm was "predicted" by a set of crop circles in England, and the solar blogosphere has been abuzz with speculation. The answer is "no." A major storm is not in the offing. Sunspot 1024 is relatively large, but it does not have the kind of complex magnetic field that poses a threat for major eruptions. Crop circles, it turns out, are not a useful tool for forecasting solar activity.

www.spaceweather.com

good find my friend, i have been refreshing these threads all day aswell and checking out anything i can. hoping nothing comes of it ofcuorse

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Well arent you hijacking all those threads in a sense to make all the topics yours? IDK just saying. It seems the other threads are different. Also you say you dont want to go through pages of posts yet you want to combine about 5 threads to one? That really doesnt make any sense.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Cur 1632 A3.1 Ratio 0.132

X-ray flux seems to be creeping up too. Nothing to worry about at the moment but worth keeping an eye on

Source

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

what is this hijacking a thread bull i keep hearing, i am not trying to hijack anything nor make anything mine, i thought it would make peopls life easier if all info was posted into one thread. simple as that, if you dont like it then leave by all means.

Now just to clarify to anyone else reading this, i am not and never will be trying to take anything away from anyone, i mean god damn its a forum lol. not a kids lpayground where everyones tryna steal everyone elses sweeties ok Peace and love xx

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Free4Ever2

what is this hijacking a thread bull i keep hearing, i am not trying to hijack anything nor make anything mine, i thought it would make peopls life easier if all info was posted into one thread. simple as that, if you dont like it then leave by all means.

Now just to clarify to anyone else reading this, i am not and never will be trying to take anything away from anyone, i mean god damn its a forum lol. not a kids lpayground where everyones tryna steal everyone elses sweeties ok Peace and love xx

Im not touching this one with the ten foot pole you hijacked from me..lol

I bet the guys at spaceweather got a giggle out of that. But it is interesting non the less, they say the thing is a BEHEMOTH. I love that word.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   

You are taking other peoples hard work and research and trying to combine it into one thread and thats not fair IMO. You didnt do any research on your own for your original post where the other people did. You just say hey come to my thread and combine it all and then you get credit for it as in flags and or stars. The stuff you posted is already in other threads that have been on here a lot longer than yours. You cant combine all these threads since they each talk about different things about the sun. The magnetosphere, sun spots, solar flares and so on are all different topics RELATED to the sun. This thread could have many different categories and it would get confusing.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Look, it's just a new thread.. Please, we're all on the same team. He's not stealing any research, besides - knowledge is meant for the betterment of all people.

I appreciate the sentiment, but I have to disagree..

Can we just focus on the topic at hand, please and set aside the petty bickering?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   

do you honestly think i am in this for pathetic stars or flags, they mean nothing to me thank you very much, and ill say it again, if you dont like this thread then please leave, there will be people out there that find it helpfull.

You are obviously a good friend of questionalls arnt you lol

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   

For what it's worth I don't think you are hijacking threads, this thread in my opinion covers most Sun relatet topics. It's all in once place and I think thats a good thing for ATS and ATS members. Sometimes it can be hard keeping up to date with all the latest information.

This does not mean I will not post in other threads, it just means if I want the latest up to date information I know where to look.

Makes sense to me

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Can we PLEASE refrain from personal attacks?

I really hate where this is going..

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

well said my friend

Now to get back on topic, it seems that the pressure has subsided a little on the magnetosphere

www2.nict.go.jp...

www08.wolframalpha.com...

that second link may be useful to some and i hope it is

The geomagnetic field was quiet on July 6. Solar wind speed ranged between 293 and 433 km/s.

Solar flux measured at 20h UTC on 2.8 GHz was 68.9. The planetary A index was 4 (STAR Ap - based on the mean of three hour interval ap indices: 4.4). Three hour interval K indices: 12102121 (planetary), 22100111 (Boulder).

The background x-ray flux is below the class A1 level.

At midnight there was 1 spotted region on the visible solar disk.

Region 11024 decayed significantly losing most of the penumbral area on the trailing spots. Flare: C1.0 at 17:05 UTC.

www.solen.info...

A very useful link i just found

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I second brokenheadphonez.
I believe that no one wanted to do anything wrong.
Now that everybody has explained itself, let's move on.

All these threads are very interesting. Let the posts flow choose the ones who will stay if should be.

pleeeaaase

TheTilde
mangling the english langage since last century

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Yeah, it seems like a steady, pulsing buildup.

really interesting indeed. Thank heavens that I have two monitors, I'll post anything I see that is interesting!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Ok so...no solar flares today but the magnetosphere is going up and down? Is that what I'm reading here? What else could be affecting the magnetosphere? I saw this movieonce about inside the earth screwing up theearthsprotective layer of the atmosphere and letting the sun (with no solar flares) scorch the hell outta us.... can't remember the movie but it was kinda freaky to me.

Anyway, this whole crop circle/solar flare thingy is just so far out there BUT I been looking at all the info anyway just to amuse myself and I see how people could translate it as Magnetosphere/Solar Flare but what if the makers, whether they be human hoaxers or alien or a huge army of killer ant.... what if they just meant to watch the magnetosphere itself and the sun is irrelevant?

just sayin....

As to hijacking.... dudes... I so don't get why people on forums get thier panties in a bind over the littlest thing...I have started threads before and got nothing but slammed for it with nasty comments like "do a search first" and "what's your point"so basically I just stopped and kept myself to browsing and/or replying only to stuff that really really really intrigues me. I don't get why people want those star and flags so much...so they can be famous online?? pfft whatever

[edit on 7/7/2009 by undiscoveredsoul]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join