It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Woman's lone protest calms tempers as Uighurs confront Chinese police

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

A Woman's lone protest calms tempers as Uighurs confront Chinese police

www.guardian.co.uk

Paramilitaries in temporary retreat from elderly demonstrator amid continuing tension in Urumqi

No one noticed her at first. She was just a lined and weary face in the angry crowd. Then slowly she emerged from the mass and moved steadily down the street.

She was a lone woman, propped on a crutch. But she forced armoured personnel carriers and massed paramilitary ranks into a slow retreat during a remarkable confrontation between Chinese armed police and Uighurs in Urumqi today
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It was Neda in Iran and now it this woman in Urumqi, China. This shows that woman are world over increasingly participating in the political process of thier countries, be it regimes like Iran or China that are heavily censored as far as politics is concerned.

Neda became the symbol of Iranian resistance and this woman will be the symbol of Uighur resistance.

Watch the video in the link.

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-7-2009 by sunny_2008ny]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

It is about high time us women took and active role instopping The powers that be from eroding our rights to protest or anything else.

Also we are letting the Leaders of our countries know! "We are here, We have the right as men to demonstrate, our rights are as valauable of males, does not mattr what religion, what race you are. We are all equal.

Call me a feminist if anybody wants. Just goes to show when females are enpowered we can stop anything or anyone.

Lets just hope she is not shot like Neda, who is a hero to every single female around the world.

I wonder if the Chinease, will say as Iran has said, the Western countries have something to do with this

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Wow, the Chinese police actually looked VERY professional in this one video.

I am impressed, i figured they would teargas them and beat the living crap out of all of them, and if they survive, put them in prison.

However - That could have happened right after the video stopped recording.

But During the Recording, I saw some very professional and cool police officers. Perhaps this is all set up to make me think the protesters are the bad guys?

It does seem extremely suspicious.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This is a video on the Uigyur riots. It was quickly censored by the Chinese government

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
one old woman confronts Chinese tyranny?
laughable.
if someone determines to distort the fact, no one can stop him.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
sunny_2008ny
i hope you won't feel guilty when facing them

[edit on 7-7-2009 by gs001]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

misleading title

a few seconds of an old lady walking towards a truck is hardly evidence of a new movement sprouting up because she walked towards a truck

seriously this is about as silly as the whole contrived Neda story

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

History also has Rosa Parks, who helped pave the way for Martin Luther King, who then became the leader of the civil rights movement.

The Mothers of the Disappeared came out in public to ask what had been done to their family member.

Cindy Sheehan questioned the POTUS about his war's "noble cause."

Aung San Suu Kyi in Myanmar.

When women use their male power/strength, a new voice will be heard. When men use their female power/strength, the wisdom in this voice will be carried out.

It is wrong to make one side use only one power, by creating laws or cultures of one power. We only defeat ourselves when we use only one power.

edit forgot to add

[edit on 7-7-2009 by desert]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

i don't know whether we chinese 'use our female power/strength', but we do
know this incident is not a conflict between different ethnic groups,
but a conflict between separatists and all chinese people.
splittist want to creat hatred between different ethnic group,
we won't let their evil ambition come ture.
i believe the western style of 'male power/strength' is their abnormal hatred to china.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
so who is the `lone women` to stand up to the tyrany and dictatorship in the USA?

where is she to represent the sheeple?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

so who is the `lone women` to stand up to the tyrany and dictatorship in the USA?

No points for guessing that one - Sarah Palin ! (Last year it was Hillary)

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by gs001

Why should she, nevermind that, why should any female feel guilty, when standing up to those who would prefer us females to sit on our Laurals and keep our mouths shut?

Goodness knows the amount of times I have heard male colleagues of mines saying a womans place is in the home.

HELLO News flash, this is 2010, not the 1950 - 1960'a. The world has changed and so have we.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
It is about high time us women took and active role instopping The powers that be from eroding our rights to protest or anything else.

Also we are letting the Leaders of our countries know! "We are here, We have the right as men to demonstrate, our rights are as valauable of males, does not mattr what religion, what race you are. We are all equal.

Call me a feminist if anybody wants. Just goes to show when females are enpowered we can stop anything or anyone.

Lets just hope she is not shot like Neda, who is a hero to every single female around the world.

I wonder if the Chinease, will say as Iran has said, the Western countries have something to do with this

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Laurauk]

Back to reality- that was a uighur woman protesting- her fellow uighurs had rampaged the day before stabbing to death many people including women.

It was an individual, not 3 billion women for crying out loud

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Seems to me that you are threatened by the thought of 3 billion women taken to the streets. Does notmatter if it is one female or 50 billion females. We make a better difference than half the male population of this world.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

And how did you come to that conclusion? i'd say the majority of men and woman are just as bad as each other.Anyway,im surprised China has been so lenient(from what we have seen) on this group...lenient for China anyway.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
Seems to me that you are threatened by the thought of 3 billion women taken to the streets. Does notmatter if it is one female or 50 billion females. We make a better difference than half the male population of this world.

This is just bizzarre

You can denigrate me and my son because of the fact we have a penis, but that don't make you right- anymore than it is right for someone to denigrate my daughter because she does not have one.

Your post makes no sense

* 3 billion women are not marching nor will they
* These uighure women hate the han women

Your assessment of what I fear is bogus

Weird post

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Would you rather there be another Taniment square massacre?

Reading fromthe articles and the news. The Chinease are sending in troops to dampen down the protests.

I can see more people beong killed.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

* These uighure women hate the han women

Do you have any evidence that these women hate Han women? The Chinese government has been over the last 50 years slowly encouraging Han people to settle in places like Xingiang (where Uiguyr live) and Tibet. They are trying to change the ethnic composition of these two states.

But still I would suggest that we still cannot make blanket statements like Uiguyr women hate Han women.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join