It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robots With Minds Of Their Own

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Robots That Have Minds Of Their Own

Came across this today, I know the video is from 2008 and I have searched to see if there is an existing thread to no avail. So, I am putting this out there to show that they (don't mean anything mauradic here) appear to have been developing small robots that can independantly think for themselves and assemble themselves into bigger robots that can do functions. What are the implications of this? And if this video was done in 2008, I wonder how much further they are in development now..... any thoughts?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Looks like the "replicators" on Stargate. But also reminds me of the "Terminator" movies. Put that with the fact that artificial intelligence gets smarter and better every year and Ooops..!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The robots could think on their own if they have Strong Artificial Intelligence (Strong AI)

Strong AI is but a brain with neural networks that can mimic a human brain

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
So, we're creating the Borg/Replicators/Terminators/Sentinels?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Honda Asimo Robot still a billion times cooler. And a billion times closer to actually having a mind of its own.

See. Told ya.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by DaMod]

[edit on 7-7-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Yep, now imagine if they could get the two together!!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by scrubsnstuffkim
reply to post by DaMod

Yep, now imagine if they could get the two together!!

I don't think I want to imagine that. It would be the end of life as we know it!!!

Nah it would be pretty cool i guess as long as it was used for the right purposes... Like make a real life transformer

top topics

join