It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SciFi is now.....Syfy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I read that on CNN and it's been driving me batty ever since. I see the name and all I can think is "siffie". What a silly silly name

[edit on 7/7/2009 by CeltAngel]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
yea, I didn't really get it either...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

And to think it cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to do a "rebrand" of the channel. I think that means the channel will move away from science fiction and onto more mainstream junk like reality shows and wrestling. (Oh, it already has those types of shows!)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

That's exactly it! They think the name will help attract a wider audience. I don't want a wider audience, dagnabit! I want all my scifi shows! Heck, I'd settle for them putting Doctor Who back on at a reasonable hour.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CeltAngel

The new Doctor Who season will start in early 2010 on BBC. I hope the Syfy channel will air those shows and the five hour long specials aired this year.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Yeah wtf. It use to be a good channel, untill I noticed those wierd sci fi original movies. I use to like a healthy amount of cheap monsters and gore...but these cheap movies they show lately are complete garbage.

There was one vampire movie...It was like there was hardly any dialogue...there was always some kind of light filter on the camera....and there was music and a continuous vampire noise, with some other synth noises all mashed together constantly.

In other movies, Its so dark and the camera moves around so erradicaly you cant even see facial expressions of the mediocre actors.

I am willing to bet some Obama supporters took over the network and this is what we are getting.

new topics

top topics

join