It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is No Friend of Israel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Obama is No Friend of Israel

canadafreepress.com

During the 2008 presidential election candidate Barack Obama publicly positioned himself as a “stalwart friend of Israel” and assured the American Jewish community that the bonds between Israel and the United States were “unbreakable” and that Israel’s “security is sacrosanct.” Partly due to these public assurances, Jewish Americans responded with an overwhelming 78% of their vote.
Many glossed over the fact that President Obama sat in Rev. Jeremiah Wright’s pews for over 20 years listening to anti-Semitic hate speech, maintained personal relationships with well known Israel
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
All of our American Presidents have taken a strong stand to support Israel. What’s up with Obama? Is this some tie to his Kenyan roots? Obama is trying to make peace with the Islamic Country of Iran the Hamas. This would all be good, if not at the cost of the State of Israel. Does Obama want WW3?

Rahm Emanuel, White House Chief of Staff, suggested a linkage between negotiations with Iran over their nuclear weapons development and progress in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

The Center for American Progress, the most influential Democratic think tank in Washington and a major player in President Obama’s race for the White House, recently called for Israel to relinquish their sovereignty over the Old City of Jerusalem to a “third-party administration.

For the first time the U.S. became a member of the United Nations Human Rights Council (HRC), an organization boycotted by the Bush administration for good reason. HRC gained notoriety for hosting the Durban I and II conferences which accused Israel of committing heinous crimes against the Palestinians including “holocausts”, “crimes against humanity”, “ethnic cleansing”, and “acts of genocide”.

Assistant Secretary of State Rose Gottemoeller in a UN meeting called for Israel to become a signatory of the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT). To do so would require Israel to declare and give up their nuclear umbrella, in return for nothing, not even the promise that Iran, a country that has called for the destruction of Israel many times,

President Obama attempted to name Charles Freeman as Chair of the National Intelligence Council, the main strategic thinking body for the U.S. intelligence community. Mr. Freeman is a well known critic of Israel who has been quoted as saying that the U.S. “abandoned the role of Middle East peacemaker to back Israel’s efforts to pacify its captive and increasingly ghettoized Arab populations.”

In President Obama’s well publicized Cairo speech he inferred a moral equivalence between the Holocaust and Israel’s treatment of Palestinians. To compare the horrors of the concentration camps, poison gas showers, and ovens used to turn 6 million Jews and 6 million other people including Russians, Poles, gay men, political prisoners, people with disabilities, and other victims of Hitler’s Germany to ash with the Palestinian situation was an immensely dangerous thing to do. It will almost certainly encourage acts of violence against Jews the world over.

canadafreepress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I do think the left thinks that Israel is horrible to Palestine but the left never says anything about the surrounding Arab countries who do nothing for Palestine.

Jimmy Carter, Barack Obama and the left think we have taken sides with Israel. Yes, they are allies but the truth is many Presidents have bent over backwards for Palestine.

Clinton had Israel ready to give Palestine what they wanted but Arafat backed out.

You know why he backed out? Because there's money in the suffering of his people. Arafat got over 55 billion dollars and he was considered richer than Jeff Bezos of Amazon.com. His wife was taking shopping trips to France.

Arafat knew that he could keep billions in Aid and blame everything on Israel and the United States. His people live like it's 2,000B.C. because Arafat kept the money and spread it around to other leaders in Palestine.

The left never points this out. They just say look how bad Israel is and America is wrong. It's the blame America first crowd.

It's not the two-bit Dictator who's wasting billions of dollars, it's America's fault.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Is "being a friend of Israel" a prerequisite now for office of the President of the United States? The clue is in the title there - President of the UNITED STATES. I believe that role is to look after the welfare and interests of the country and people of the United States first and foremost, is it not?

We have our own nauseating group over here too - The "Conservative Friends of Israel", and a more sickening, butt kissing website I have yet to see!

Doesn't anyone else find it strange that, in so many countries now, political success seems to hinge on how far up the collective Israeli political butt one can wriggle. The more vocal and determined one is in declaring ones undying servitude to Israel, the more successful one will become.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Britguy]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I think its time to stop treating Israel like their special because of their past persecutions. Im sure obama isn't out to get Israel, but obviously guaranteeing their security is unprofessional of a president. In todays world, nobody can make a promise like that.

Not that we don't need israel on our side. They would make a powerful enemy...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

How good a friend of the USofA is Israel???

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Friendship is a two way street.

It would be convient if there was a special "Anti Obama" section on ATS so we could just go there instead of having to look in other sections; a special place where the Right could gather and vent their frustration.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I'm afraid you won't get much purchase here with that story, ATS is fast becoming one of the net's most anti-semitic websites.

Post anything bad about Israel, and the stars just start appearing.

But I do agree, Obama is no lover of Israel, and the Israelis know that.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Yes, that goes to show what dictatorship will do to a Nation. Obama just has Israel running scared, maybe for good reason.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

You have a point about being friends with Israel. We all want peace in the Middle East. I hope Obama comes up with a workable plan that will benefit both sides and stop the bloodshed.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
I'm afraid you won't get much purchase here with that story, ATS is fast becoming one of the net's most anti-semitic websites.

Post anything bad about Israel, and the stars just start appearing.

But I do agree, Obama is no lover of Israel, and the Israelis know that.

Exactly,

Many people have this delusional view of Israel when the other Arab countries do nothing to help the Palestinian people.

Arafat got billions of dollars and now Palestine is about to get billions of dollars more in Aid.

I guarantee none of that money will make it to the people of Palestine unless they agree to blow themselves up.

The left never sees this because they want to blame America and talk down Israel.

I'm not saying that America or Israel are perfect but enough is enough. At some point these two bit dictators and so called leaders have to take the blame for the condition of their people because they get billions in Aid.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Well since there isnt a special right wing Obama site it happens to trickle around a bit. Some are glad Obama is not for Israel and some are not.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Yes I know this is not too hot for ATS. I started a thread a few days ago about anti-Semitism/ stop the hate. I seen just how many there were out there and the numbers are overwhelming.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Is it anti-Semitic? I Don't support Israel's foreign policy, is that anti-Semitic? I don't support the Israeli government's commitment to collective punishment doctrine, is that anti-Semitic? My heritage boasts over 700 years of Hebrew mixture, and I'm proud of it, is that anti-semitic?

I think this site is filling with reactionaries like yourself, not anti-Semites. While there are people who join and have joined ATS to spread a racist agenda, not all criticism of Israel's tactics and politics is wrong. That's just like when the Conservatives in the US called anyone who didn't agree with Bush a traitor, and laid the ground work for Obama endorsed abuses like the continued political targeting by the government and media of certain groups and branding them terrorists. We have to stop with this ideological back-up of contradictory values:

You can't be Right to Life and preemptive war, these are competing agendas.

You can't spread Democracy at the end of a gun barrel.

You can't spread Liberty if you're abandoning it at home.

Obama and Bush follow this doctrine, and in doing so, used the political capital to do what the other hand done in turn.

Now look where we are. We failed to actively criticize for 8 years. We failed to make our voice heard, and in that failure we guaranteed the success of the looting and tyranny going on today.

Israel is on Earth, and it is subject to criticism as is any other nation. No one ever wants their agenda criticized, doing so forces control from the elite promoting the agenda and those living under it, the People.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Everytime I hear of Obama I think of this song.

Look into that as much as you want. I dont think he should be anyones friend unless a liar can be called a friend.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I couldn't agree more.

Wonderworld, he is the POTUS, note - US.

I think you have the geographic location of Israel confused.

It's not in America, sorry.

And the Jews are [basically 99% of them] Khazars, their persecution was Zionist-funded. They are no Israelites, and even if they were -- we shouldn't be sponsoring religious zealots. I don't see anyone taking the Muslims seriously so why should we Judaism?

As for the anti-Semitic remarks. The Khazars are not Semitic. Please save the tales for Disney. This is real-life. Your anti-Semitic remarks and invalid from the start, because the people we're talking about are indigenous to EUROPE, the Khazaria. That is where they belong, they probably wouldn't be in the mess if they accepted where they're from, instead of deceiving the world.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by ElloAll]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Personally as an American, who favors the concept of Seperation of Church and State, I do not favor, have never been in favor, and never will be in favor of the American Tax Payer paying financially or militarily for the Israeli nation.

As an agnostic human being I find something very suspicious and disturbing in how the three religions of Abraham, Judaism, Christianity and Islam are laid out on paper.

I feel they were set up as a form of divide and conquer warfare to usher in a one world government and New World Order and people throughout the ages have been terrorized into either identifying or joining one of the three religions of Abraham for this reason, as Christian, Jews and Muslims all and each in their own right, stamped out various other pagan religions and forced conversions into the belief system.

It's why I feel it especially foolish for the United States based on Seperation of Church and State to back a secular Israeli Nation in any form or way.

As a human being I am very disturbed about how Israel was created, at how many people's expense, in often very deceptive ways, and how it continues to terrorize it's neighbors all the while employing a huge propoganda effort to paint itself as a victim to the point it is practically a crime to say that they are not, but a terrorizing instigator.

Their human rights violations are attrocious and the reality is despite what Biblical History and superstitious pagan nonsense has to say, they are foreign invaders into the modern day Middle East who created a false legal precedent for it, through primarily Biblical History, extortion, bribery, blackmail, theft, rape and terror.

Obama will no doubt go down as being the worst President in U.S. History and whether he is backing them in the way that gives them a little more room on their leash to continue with their criminal, unjust and amorral enterprise, or abandoning them is hard to say, because from 1917 when the Balfour Decleration was issued to Lord Rothschild promising land in Palestine to the Zionists, from the Brittish, that they did not even control at the time in a war they were actually loosing and nearly bankrupt from, until today...NOT ONE truthful thing has ever been reported about the behind the scenes politics that allows that illegal, pariah, monstrosity of a false nation to exist.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Friendship is NEVER a goal of politics and alliances come and go with the current goals. Obama's goal is Iran and "friendship" with Israel is not conducive to that goal. I'm not an Obama apologist, in fact I am convinced he is ruining this country, but the reason his goal is Iran is because no president in the past 30 years has been able to make any headway with Iran. Obama, I believe, sees Iran as his golden opportunity to make a name for himself in history. No doubt, it is a selfish goal but one that goes right along with his self-worship meme.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

This is not about anti-Semitism. No those things don’t make you anti-Semitic. I’m only surprised by the fact, if true that Obama doesn’t support Israel. Maybe he supports both the Palestinians and Israeli’s and trying to stay neutral. We could have a war on our hands if this is true.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Thanks. I appreciate that! Nothing but a hound dog is pretty funny.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I say we butt out if they wanna go at it. YEARS of this crap, I think we've proven over the decades that if the kids wanna fight, let 'em! I'm tired of the US throwing money into a process that is not part of either agenda. Let 'em fight it out, when the dust settles one or none will be standing, but the problem will be solved.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by projectvxn]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join