It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global warming or.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ronishia

I've never seen anything like it before--I skywatch a lot which is why it caught my attention as being unusual.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

And i have lived here all my life too and not once do i remember an ice storm in July!!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Originally posted by andy1033
its same as usual for england.

No such thing as man made global warming, just the fact that people do not remember more than a week back.

Wrong! This is something not seen since the wild winds of 1986 swept through.......

What are you on about?

And I assume you mean the October storm that hit SE England in 1987?

It's not been especially windy anywhere in the UK today! There have been some stong downbursts leading to a max gust of 40mph at Thorney Island (S Coast) - not at all unusual in a convective storm - but most places have had at most moderate winds.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

reply to post by andy1033

And i have lived here all my life too and not once do i remember an ice storm in July!!

You've never seen hail in July? Thunderstorms producing hail occur every single year - July and August usually produce the UK's biggest such storms.

Though be interesting to know where you are exactly - I'm not aware of any especial hailstorms today. What size was the hail? Pea? Marble? How deep did it accumulate?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

We've gotta accept that this country is a sewer nowadays--everyone but the rich crammed into tiny spaces.
It's unhealthy--no wonder allergies n things are increasing.
And man--Costa Rica or anywhere you can breathe and feel free sounds like Utopia.
But unfortunately wherever we move to won't let us escape the revenge of Gaia--extreme climate.

It is unhealthy.... well there is no doubt that diseases have increased since the influx of all these different nationalities especially STD's!

You think like me that's for sure..... to be able to breathe fresh air is what we want & need.... i'm just glad that i have a park opposite me at least that gives off some breathable oxygen

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   

It is unhealthy.... well there is no doubt that diseases have increased since the influx of all these different nationalities

Aye, them pesky Romans. It was so much better 2,000 years ago

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Ok... it hasn't been windy but it's definately been very wet with ice.... not a load of ice but enough for it to be seen on the roofs of houses....

If you check out the weather for London today you'll see what i mean... anyway it was definately dodgy..... it's all peaceful and calm outside now....

The almighty one is not happy and he is throwing down his vengeance

[edit on 7-7-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Yeah, you've had some hail. We always get hailstorms in summer. Not that there have been any particularly good ones this week.

Next you've be claiming wierd weather because it was warm and sunny!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

You seem to be in some kind of denial here Essan.
Maybe you're lucky and tucked away in a corner of the globe that is unaffected by extremes

Unfortunately though, many nations are suffering from weather conditions that are both deadly and destructive.
The list I quoted on page 1 is the weather I logged for just the past few months--I can go on and on if you like !!
I'm not stating it's all defo man-made, but our actions on this planet have had a terrible impact on the eco-system that we depend on for our very survival.
Call it chaos theory or whatever.
Maybe when more crops and livestock are ruined throughout the world due to extreme drought and flooding, and food becomes a scarcity as well as water, you may finally accept the fact that all is not hunky-dory with the climate!!!
We have a responsibility to future generations to try and do something about this NOW !!
Or Earth could end up a ravaged planet, similar to Mars maybe ??

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Looks like Essan lives out in the Countryside going by the Avatar so of course he/they will be breathing in fresh air everyday and not seeing what others see.... in other words they are blind to the situation!!

And what you say about living on a planet similar to Mars was what i was thinking about this morning while laying awake in bed.... it seems that our Oxygen supply is being taken away right before our eyes.... building more buildings and cutting down the rainforests is asking for disaster especially if you add to that peoples unwillingness to accept the fact that they are over populating this Earth at an alarming rate!!

[edit on 8-7-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Yeah you're right--some people are blind to the situation. " I'm alright Jack " springs to mind !!
Some will never give up their 3 cars and numerous hols abroad a year.To hell with the planet and future !!!
Not just individuals either , governments are doing absolutely zilch to take any meaningful action. What good will reducing carbon emissions achieve by the year 2050 or whatever??
The planet could be a wasteland by then.Uninhabitable.
But one way or another, I think population control will happen.Nature will take action on this.Mother Earth will take revenge and maybe wipe our destructive species off the planet.
Weird that you were thinking about Mars as well --I had a dream about it

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by uk today
reply to post by Essan

You seem to be in some kind of denial here Essan.
Maybe you're lucky and tucked away in a corner of the globe that is unaffected by extremes

I'm an amateur meteorologist who has been issuing weather forecasts in the UK for the past 6 years, and who runs a blog collating and commenting on global weather and climate news stories.

And I happen to know very well that hailstorms in England in summer are extremely normal. Must admit though, they did have some unusually heavy rain in Hastings yesterday morning.

I am in denial about nothing.

Edit: as to where I live, I'd say that's fairly obvious? There's only one Evesham in England - the same one that was the epicentre of the July 2007 floods!

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Essan]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Well i wasn't really thinking about Mars as such.... i was thinking about our Oxygen supply but yes there is a connection with Mars and it's atmosphere.... we are connecting although we live apart and have never met in person...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Essan... I apologise as it looks like you do know what you are chatting about after all......

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Wow --this thread is soooo much simpler than your other one !!!
And yep Essan---you are obviously in the know on the weather stuff, so keep up the good work

But surely you must be picking up on abnormal weather throughout the world???

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

[edit on 8-7-2009 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join