It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Nightmare Analyzed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I've always had very vivid dreams (including some lucid dreams) ever since I was a child, but last night was a particularly disturbing one.
I have a good book which I use to look up the meaning of the more interesting dreams I have, but I could't really find anything that fit.
The dream/nightmare was in 3 parts, firstly I lost my dog while walking her, and turned a corner to find she had been beaten to death by street thugs. Next, I was at the hospital and was handed my 7 month old son, who had died due to a problem during surgery. Finally, I arrived at a large house in the country to see an ambulance and 2 paramedics wheeling out a dead body on a stretcher. I ran over and asked who it was, to which they answered the name of my fiance. They told me she was found in the river. I walked over, removed the sheet covering her and saw the most vivid image of her.
Can anyone offer an insight as to any hidden meanings in this dream please. Normally I wouldn't be too bothered about it, but since this dream involves my whole family dying, I thought it would be a good idea.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AllseeingEYE

Have you been worrying lately? Do you have a sense of impending doom and do you fear for the future and your loved ones?

It seems a lot of people feel something coming, maybe it could be related?

Just a thought.

I wouldn't take the dream too literally though.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I have lucid dreams every night, I have an explanation for you, but its only what I have gleaned from experience, then again you could go to a ''dream expert'' only to have your dream taken apart from someone who sleeps soundly every night , but has been on a course and read a few books, so here goes;

I would say that at the moment you are very happy with your life, there may have been articles of news that you have stored up in previous weeks/ months that would make you anticipate that these events could effect you and your loved ones, then your brain gets all these ingredients stirs them up and gives you a nightmare.

The more we value something the more we fear losing it, and you are reflecting this in your dream.

Don't take the horrible images you experienced in your dream as an event that has yet to happen, it's just a reflection of your concern and protection of your family.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

These are all aspects of the self and things to which you are attached. I see it as a test regarding how well you handle the death of those attachments.

So from that perspective, it's a good thing - so I'd suggest taking a non-resistant approach and waiting to see what new things will emerge, after the death's of these attachments - maybe increased acceptance, is the lesson to be learned.

new topics

top topics

join