It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Sun Spot EVER found Today 7/7/09 - 60 to 80 times size of Earth!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 0nce 0nce

Page 5 and we're still waiting for that evidence you have of crop circles being man made...

I would find that far more interesting than listening to you over react about Questionall's enthusiasm for truth. Cheers.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mars1

Scientists have found two large leaks in Earth’s magnetosphere, the region around our planet that shields us from severe solar storms. With all the activity surrounding the Sun this surely will have consequences.
reply to post by Sinclâire

Good find www.doomdaily.com...

WOW awesome find!! and it corresponds with everything going on.

info from site linked above: DATED TODAY!

Scientists have found two large leaks in Earth’s magnetosphere, the region around our planet that shields us from severe solar storms. With all the activity surrounding the Sun this surely will have consequences.

The leaks are defying many of scientists’ previous ideas on how the interaction between Earth’s magnetosphere and solar wind occurs: The leaks are in an unexpected location, let in solar particles in faster than expected and the whole interaction works in a manner that is completely the opposite of what scientists had thought.

With the Sun about to go into Solar Maximum in 2012 and the Earth with a massive hole in it could be cause for alarm.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hmm... just to get off the mysterious linking of crop circles to sunspots and think of just the sunspots...

Sunspots have been on the low lately cuz of the solar minimum, right? The mighty sun's probably just getting started. It's gonna be on the rise for the next couple years, so get ya sunblock and cool hats ready. And enjoy THIS time, this beautiful day, while you can still go outside, and while the weather is nice (at least from where I am).

What's that have to do with crop circles? Maybe the dudes who make them are dorky astronomy buffs. They seem like like geometry and math and animals, they're probably dorky. We're all dorky, maybe those guys are ATS'ers and getting a kick out of this. The makers would seem to be the type, under the assumption that they are man-made.

Whatever. WHOA! A sunspot! okay now what?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by pynner
"Questioningall is getting picked on because she's sensationalist and a little over the top...

We're all human, we all make mistakes - but I think there *is* something to this..."

No... "she" is being called out because "she" has NO PROOF....

seriously.. just show us this record sunspot... just once... a back up article..

no?

that's because it isn't there....
I was all set for something to go down today, but to make sh*t up like "she" has... it just pisses me off.

IF this can all be proven, I will gladly eat my words.. but until then..

wow - ALWAYS called all kinds of names, from bringing VERY INTERESTING stuff to the attention of ATS members! That is fine - guess what - it DOES NOT bother me at all.

But please get your facts straight - EVERYSINGLE thread has a LINK AND ARTICLE to back it up - In fact - my threads ARE ABOUT those links and articles - NOTHING IS MADE UP BY ME.

When some take my enthusiasm in various ways - for alternative subjects - well that is fine - once more.

But - you will always find - the threads make people think about things in other ways and look more closely at the UNKNOWN!

Do I think OTHER people have deciphered the crop circles CORRECTLY now - that this other information has come out - INCLUDING THE NEWEST information - of TWO LEAKS in our Magnetosphere!!

YEP - sorry for those who are look at things in black and white - there are MANY OTHER COLORS out there - open your eyes to see them - a whole new world may come alive with alternative knowledge!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

Originally posted by mars1

reply to post by Sinclâire

Good find www.doomdaily.com...

WOW awesome find!! and it corresponds with everything going on.

info from site linked above: DATED TODAY!

The leaks are defying many of scientists’ previous ideas on how the interaction between Earth’s magnetosphere and solar wind occurs: The leaks are in an unexpected location, let in solar particles in faster than expected and the whole interaction works in a manner that is completely the opposite of what scientists had thought.

With the Sun about to go into Solar Maximum in 2012 and the Earth with a massive hole in it could be cause for alarm.

Not new news.. and not a credible source..
I guess when you want to see something that isn't there bad enough, you will start to make it up.

Largest sun spot no one ever saw.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

reply to post by brokenheadphonez

WHY not another thread? This is about NEW information of the LARGEST sunspot found EVER - happens to be the SAME day crop circle deciphers said was in Crop Circle messages!

Hmmm... from memory, those crop circles were meant to depict the Earth's magnetosphere were they not? Suddenly... now that it doesn't appear we will be fried today, it's all about sun spots?

Way to back pedal on predictions questioningall!

IRM
:shk:

Just like I 'predicted'. Anything out of the ordinary will be declared the prophecy of the crop circle came true.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
cudos to starting the thread questionall but seriously when you put a headline like largest ever when it's clearly not. And I tend to trust amateur Astronomers (not Nasa) and not a one is ringing the alarms. This is a degree of paranoia and misguided facts. Their is something odd that this big sun spot has happened right around this time but I am not going to jump to the most radical conclusions because quite frankly my brain can not handly the anxiety of the absurd. I'd like to see tomorrow and the day after that and before we had all of this connectedness, stuff like this was still happening only we were less aware. As my wife would say being hyper aware is not a good thing...

But hey I could be wrong, but I doubt today is the day...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by orion the bboy

What's that have to do with crop circles? Maybe the dudes who make them are dorky astronomy buffs. They seem like like geometry and math and animals, they're probably dorky. We're all dorky, maybe those guys are ATS'ers and getting a kick out of this. The makers would seem to be the type, under the assumption that they are man-made.

Yeah that's a logical explanation ... I lean towards human creation of the circles, but accept the possibility that maybe it's something else.

I don't care who made them I just want to decipher them.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

Find us NEW sources.

As for doomdaily, that isn't the most credible source for scientific information. lol.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mars1

So, a crop circle foretold a fact reported on last December? Now, that IS spooky!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Please tell me this information you posted is not your Prof???
We've known that. The found those leaks last year!
http:///www.livescience.com/space/081216-agu-solar-storm-shield-break.html

The solar activity your worried about today referring to your crop circle theory...
Happened yesterday and was a B- Flare!

"Solar activity is normally within the A to C range. Class C flares have little effect on Earth, while the more powerful M and X flares can cause disruption and damage."
www.chemistrydaily.com...

I think you should do more research and also read my post on page 5

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

reply to post by brokenheadphonez

WHY not another thread? This is about NEW information of the LARGEST sunspot found EVER - happens to be the SAME day crop circle deciphers said was in Crop Circle messages!

Seems that the information in the OP is IMPORTANT On it's own - never mind messages may have been left enlightening us humans that something was going to happen today - with the sun etc.

But the point is it is NOT the largest sunspot ever. It's just a very normal sunspot -- and normal sunspots such as this are very common. The "Gympie Times" is blowing this all out of proportion so they can 'ride the wave' regarding that crop circle story.

The "Gympie Times" may have made up this story, but they're not dummies -- they know how to write an article that will make people visit their website. This made-up story about a the largest sunspot ever is such an article. It seems to me that the writer of this article for the Gympie Times heard about the theories regarding that crop circle and made up this story about the sunspot that would fit with the crop circle story.

That's an effective (yet underhanded) method for them to get attention and create hits on their website.

...and I don't understand the stars and flags for a fake news article that is specifically made-up to feed upon that crop circle story. I'm not blaming the OP (well, just a little) as much as all the other people who should have tried to find other verifiable sources before they bestowed stars and flags. Why do people blindly follow stories such as this one like sheep without trying to confirm them?

[edit on 7/7/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Is there any relation to the Micheal Jackson memorials today that is distracting the World from what is really going on in space ?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
well, there are some dark sunspots in the northern hemisphere of the sun in the video I found on this page(link below) and there is a very large bright spot just below the equator of the sun.

Anyone know the difference between the dark one's and the lighter ones?
solar.nro.nao.ac.jp...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
What's the probability of two crop circles predicting solar activity a few days before it happens, and a very large sun spot and a lunar eclipse happening on the same day? I'm sure it's just coincidence ;-)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
And about the thunderstorms they seems to be a lot of people talking about them today well i'm in the UK and we have had two not big one's.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat

Originally posted by Unique11Lighting9
Is there any relation to the Micheal Jackson memorials today that is distracting the World from what is really going on in space ?

Well MJ was a well known vegetarian, and we all know they have been hearing voices and dissapearing through dimensional portals for a while now leaving us carnivores to perish on an planet that has lost its heat shield and is being attacked by solar farts.
Oh yeah and volcanos in Russia, earthquakes in Turkey and the pig aids.

Boogedy boogedy boo

to be fair.. MJ was more of a "veal" guy.. if you know what I mean.

second line.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join