It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Sun Spot EVER found Today 7/7/09 - 60 to 80 times size of Earth!

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Everyone is of course free to believe and retain whatever opinion they wish
so the only comment that I still have for the points made on that video is that when after the charts that display the current positions of the planets Venus and Mercury in relation to the satellite, charts that confirm these planets to be spot on where the objects in question are... and people still refuse to believe it and prefer to point them out as UFOs on a collision course with the sun, or UFOs causing solar flares, or UFOs the size of Jupiter staring at the sun, or Jupiter igniting, etc.. there's no more that I myself can add to the discussion.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by InTrueFiction

I was asking an honest question. I really wasn't providing it as proof of anything -- I really just wanted to know what that "thing/light" in the video was.

Is it a planet?

I just saw the video clip and figured that this thread was a good place to ask the question since it was from the same dates.

Thanks for your reply.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I watched about half of it - from what I saw, everything has been discussed in this thread.

To save you wading through this mess, the object is Mercury. It shows up fairly often in images of the sun, but most people never pay attention to these things unless there's been some strange prediction made.

The solar activity was really nothing out of the ordinary.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Thanks. It was more of an off-topic post since, as I said above, I wasn't offering it as proof of anything.

I really just wanted to know what that object was and I figured people on here would.

Also, I didn't think it was on a collision course with the sun. To me, it was pretty obvious that it was passing in front of the sun.

I just wasn't convinced it was Mercury and was looking for general concensus.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Exactly, and it is a complete disgrace that this thread is still here with a false title. Its a shame that the Moderators of this site cannot see past hits and traffic and move this false thread to where it belongs or lock it completly as its a duplicate. Even though they have been asked nicely to do something or at least explain themselves im sure many times by many people as to why no action is been taken, still nothing. How can a site expect to be taken seriously if it cant keep its own house clean.

Disgraceful

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Wow - what are you sooooo angry about? The thread was started on a REAL article proclaiming the fact of the title! So - why get very angry and upset over it?

If it makes you that angry, I would suggest you not looking at it etc. Because, there is no reason for someone to get so obviously angry as you seem to be over it, unless there is more to this information.

The only times I see people get so angry over something - is when there is something to hide about the subject.

Really - calm down, take a few deep breaths, it is ok, this thread is just another ATS thread. You really need to relax over it.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

You do have to admit that the article is the only one that is claiming the biggest sunspot, there is no other confirmation at all.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Everyone can write an "article".

What we are trying to hide is your lack of "research" before starting a thread.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Well, the article is wrong it might claim it but its not correct, throughout this thread it has been proven that, not to mention the thread goes off into other tangents. Which would be fair enough if it wasnt under the guise of false scientific interpretation, you could of just said 'CC predicts giant sunspot', it would of kept me out of here. I am more interested in actual science and astronomy that such a false tagline gets on my nerves.
Again thats fine if you dont believe in the Data given and shown, thats not a big deal, but until further notice that is how everybody gets their information, scientific papers are written using that data, nobel prizes are handed out etc. This thread is affecting google searches, kids will be going to school saying 'you know we just had the largest sunspot?' And then get told its wrong or even fail a project because its incorrect.
And at this point im not angry, but disappointed in this sites moderators, not you, who are either not paying attention or dont care, as i said you can have your CC thread and it wont bother me, but wait you do have 2 already.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just thought when information given on this site was proven incorrect and somewhat conclusively, that it was a moderators job to do something about that, state that its incorrect or change the title or even move the thread

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I don't think people should be so harsh regarding this thread. It's not just the OP, nor the included linked article that finds significance in the sun's events taking place on and around July 7th.

Is Sudden Solar Intensity of July 5 - 7 What U.K. Spring
Crop Formations Forecast for Oddly Quiet Sun?

© 2009 by Linda Moulton Howe

“Active region 1024 is putting on a fantastic show.
The center of this region is incredibly bright and fluctuating.”
- Pete Lawrence, Amateur Astronomer, Selsey, U.K.

Directions: Select the image type LASCO C2 or LASCO C3.
Select the start date as 2009-07-05 and end date as 2009-07-06. Then click SEARCH button to see the big flare come out the right side.

Spaceweather.com reports, “Sunspot 1024 has crackled with B- and C-class solar flares. Solar observers haven't seen an active region like this one in more than two years. It is big, complex, and rapidly growing. The magnetic polarity of the sunspot, revealed by SOHO magnetograms, show that it is a member of new Solar Cycle 24.”

Link: www.earthfiles.com...

This thread seems to imply that it's the wild imaginations of crop believers that something did in fact happen on July 7th.

I think it only fair to acknowledge that there are more than just ATSers claiming that the crop circle did in fact accurately predict activity.

Flame-proof shield activate.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Agreed, there definately is correlation, only some are too shortsighted to see it, because it's not exactly like the prediction based on interpretation of CC's.

Therefore, they say the whole story must be bull.

They say nothing unusual happened, but the activity was unusual enough to stand out against the recent period of solar behaviour.

None of them could have predicted this to be happening on the 7th.

Some people are so rigid and don't seem to posses any ability to read between the lines, and to think beyond certain paradigms.

[edit on 10-7-2009 by Point of No Return]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

There are at least three web sites that in other threads are considered highly credible sources that without question say the activity on the sun on July 7th was unusual and out-of-th-blue. They even go the extra step and connect them to the crop circle depictions.

The sites: Earthfiles.com, spaceweather.com, and solarcycle24.com.

Why are these sites credible in other instances but suddenly meaningless in this one??

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

ahm you can even see it sometimes when the sun is really low and now shining so bright like sunrise or sunset use your bino and be careful of course i mean just 2 minutes or so you are able to do this than after the sun will be to bright but you will be able to see the sunspot or spots or what ever a planet its really cool and no filters nor telescope you need

again be careful.....

and if you dont want to do it this way there is still our nice internet and you can go to this page sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Because of the reason I gave in my previous post.

It can't be explained by their scientific standards, so it doesn't exist to them.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by soundmatrix2009

No... dont look at the sun.. and please dont tell others to do so. Some kid could be reading this.

Never view the Sun directly with the naked eye or with any unfiltered optical device, such as binoculars or a telescope!

However... here is a page full of tips on how to do it safely.

spaceweather.com...

[edit on 7/10/09 by Cyprex]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by soundmatrix2009

and if you dont want to do it this way there is still our nice internet and you can go to this page sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

But you see thats no good, because our OP does not believe in NASA its all lies apparently. So any info learned from such sources is not nearly as credible as a CC. Either you have to try much harder or really not try at all to change the OP's convictions.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

There are at least three web sites that in other threads are considered highly credible sources that without question say the activity on the sun on July 7th was unusual and out-of-th-blue. They even go the extra step and connect them to the crop circle depictions.

The sites: Earthfiles.com, spaceweather.com, and solarcycle24.com.

Why are these sites credible in other instances but suddenly meaningless in this one??

Any comments from the people that said in this thread, that nothing unusual happened.?

Come on now, the sites that you normally believe are stating it.

What do you have to say now that these sites are even talking about the CC's?

Huh?

I think it is stunning that the most intense sunspot activity in nearly three years of an abnormally quiet sun occurred between July 5 and 6 right up to July 7. There was a solar physics meeting in Boulder, Colorado, in mid-June and the hottest topic was why is the sun so quiet and when will it come back alive? Then Sunspot 1024 erupted suddenly on July 5 - each spot the size of Earth, each spot 8,000 miles in diameter. By July 8, the sunspots had grown to the size of Jupiter, 78,000 miles across! By 1:06 UT July 7, the huge, intense sunspots had projected two large solar flares into space and a large coronal hole also opened up on the sun, releasing increased solar radiation that would reach Earth around July 9. Perhaps the Spring 2009 oilseed rape crop formations were a test to see who would pay attention. Now, we need a Rosetta Stone for the June 30 Milk Hill “alien symbols,” the June 27 South Field “electrical grids” and beyond! On July 7, I interviewed physicist Mike Reed about his perspective of the sudden, huge and intense Sunspot 1024 forming within forty-eight hours of July 7, 2009. Interview:

Michael A. Reed, retired optical physicist and President, Reed Development Associates, Inc., Timberlake, North Carolina: “It’s interesting that the original timing came from the April 24th Morgan’s Hill oilseed rape pattern and that formation pointed to July 7, which was also the partial (penumbral) eclipse of the moon. So, there was an astronomical event that was going to occur on that date. The Australian scientist and I associated that with the patterns that seemed to highlight the sun and a July 7, 2009, forecast of a significant solar event looked pretty valid. THE DRAMA OF GOING FROM A QUIET SUN TO AN INTENSITY THAT IS BEING DESCRIBED AT SPACEWEATHER.COM AS THE SINGLE MOST INTENSE SUNSPOT ERUPTION IN OVER TWO YEARS SO CLOSE TO JULY 7, IT IS AS IF SOMETHING WERE MAKING US PAY ATTENTION TO THE SUN AT EXACTLY THE TIME THAT IT SWITCHED FROM ABNORMAL QUIET INTO THIS NEW INTENSITY. That’s true. That certainly is valid. I think the interpretation of a lot of the symbols in terms of a major event that was going to affect the Earth, we may have become overly enthusiastic about forecasting that! But when you look at the situation in April 2009, where you have a completely quiet sun and there is no indication that anything is going to happen on the sun. One could have said, ‘Well, nothing is going to happen for a year.’ Nobody knew! I remember you interviewed several solar scientists who said they had no idea when the sun was going to wake up again. RIGHT.

So, then to have the crop circles pointed toward the indication there will be solar activity is certainly significant. Then the fact that the July 7 date came up and that something was going to happen around then – well, something did happen! It wasn’t perhaps as spectacular as we had thought, but certainly from the point of view of a very active solar area, that certainly did occur. That Sunspot 1024 is an extremely active area. You can see the magnetic loops in it, very strong! When you watch the hourly movie of it, the sunspots have been very active. So, in that sense, the overall predictive timing is valid.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I will mention just spaceweather.com and quote what they mentioned.

Many readers are writing to ask if this sunspot is going to produce a major solar storm today, July 7th. Such a storm was "predicted" by a set of crop circles in England, and the solar blogosphere has been abuzz with speculation. The answer is "no." A major storm is not in the offing. Sunspot 1024 is relatively large, but it does not have the kind of complex magnetic field that poses a threat for major eruptions. Crop circles, it turns out, are not a useful tool for forecasting solar activity.

Now i dont know about you but that seems to calmly point out the fact that it would seem to be a big pile of rubbish.
Not only does it say there will be no major storm, 1024 is not the largest and CC's are not a useful tool for forcasting it goes to debunk the farcical emails recieved by probably people from this board.

edit to add, you should really tell us where those external sources came from for each one, its just good practice

[edit on 10-7-2009 by pazcat]

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Here's the link, courtesy of IPowell.

www.earthfiles.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Ok ta

So really you can take out the mentions of spaceweather.com and solarcycle24 as they are used as just information that there is solar activity. Now Earthfiles is a different story with an article written by Linda Moulton Howe which those quotes are from, thats a website and a Author with an agenda. And it looks past the actual known science and steps in the world of personal interpretation, which proves nothing.
Again all this is fine if you want to take the word of Linda Moulton Howe as gospel, but the outside world does not function in this way. Sorry.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39 >>

join