It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Sun Spot EVER found Today 7/7/09 - 60 to 80 times size of Earth!

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

So this statement:

The last time we saw the heliosphere degrade at these kinds of levels, it coincided with a mass extinction on earth.

Has no evidence behind it. The state of the heliosphere at that time is nothing but speculation.

[edit on 7/9/2009 by Phage]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Well I'll be hornswaggled... I think I see what is going on here

Remember Cmdraleon of the Galactic Federation of Light a few months back?

Vaguely, I was still lurking then, but kinda remember the general story, and the dialog among members. What do you think THAT has to do with this thread, or cropcircleconnector?

Me smells a rat

I don't understand. What exactly are you implying or eluding to here?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

Paroxysm,

She never even saw what you have to tell her because she most likely slammed you on "Ignore" and thus will never see what you,i and every body else ,that disagreed with her in the past, have to say......

Indeed, Questioning all!! Maybe start with questioning your own communication skills.

No matter, she'll never know what i wrote, useless.

Peace

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm

The fact that Cmndraleon shows direct connection with Colin Andrews of cropcircleconnection in his thread...

Hmmm you know what? Nevermind... considering no response from any mods on this stuff... perhaps its time... to go fishing till school is back

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

...to go fishing till school is back

You've noticed that to, huh......

Guess i'll join in the fishing trip then. I'll bring the bait and the beers....

Peace

[edit on 9/7/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Are you sure your invited?

Not sure why so many people get so angry on here over disagreeing with something. If you disagree then state your case but no need to make personal attacks. Either way this an amazing event and its fun to learn from. This is the start of our next solar cycle and its one that scientists have been talking about.

"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. "

~Mark Twain

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR

Are you sure your invited?

Are you sure you have anything to say in this matter?? But no worry, i'll go fishing alone then......

Not sure why so many people get so angry on here over disagreeing with something.

Disagreeing is one thing but this entire thread is just one big lie!!! Their are numerous other very interesting threads about this topic done by people who put a little more effort into their reseach then certain members who read something in a thread and blindly copy-paste it to a new thread.....i guess that's why!!!

If you disagree then state your case but no need to make personal attacks. Either way this an amazing event and its fun to learn from.

I did state my case on page 4 i believe. And i feel it very just to point out to people that it is absolutly unnessecary to start 3 or 4 threads on the same topic. So i feel a "personal attack" is in it's place here.

This is the start of our next solar cycle and its one that scientists have been talking about.

Huhh?? Are you even aware of the title of this thread?? Because it is not about the start of the next solar cycle....

Largest Sun Spot EVER found Today 7/7/09 - 60 to 80 times size of Earth!

This is going way of topic. I'll stay out of okay???

Peace and good luck with this thread....

Ps: People (scientist) outside ATS must be lauging their asses off when they read this embarissing thread, just saying!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR

"Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured. "

~Mark Twain

So what's you point?????

When angry, count to four. When very angry, swear.”

Also ~Mark Twain....

Quotes don't make you look smarter unless you make up your own!!!!

Peace

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
I am sorry to disappoint you, but this is NOT the largest sunspot.

If you use Spaceweather.com archive and compare the size of this sunspot with others from 2001, 2003 or 2005, this is much smaller. Just see it yourself.
Also, there were no major flares.

However, it is still a somewhat significant-size sunspot, after a long silence, that could herald a sign of a new cycle that begins, and may bring much activity up to 2012. Sort of calm before the storm. Or maybe not.

In that light, the crop circle message for 7th July is interesting. Who knows if this sunspot continues to grow, and could have major flares in August, September or October!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
We still don't know the nature of the sun. Astrophysicists, Solar Physicists really are still learning how to observe.

We have only theory about the inner workings of this and all stars, and what we observe tell us our theories are wrong. We look at particle emissions and find too much of some and not enough of another type of subatomic particle to support the reactions at the core we think are happening. So we can only observe and make as educated a guess as we can about its nature.

We only have a handful of solar probes since the first in 1960. And we still are only scratching the surface understanding the data.

100 years of data is nothing in time for a solar system. The solar max cycles we have observed are also on a larger cycle we may just be beginning to see.

Imagine a spring around a larger spring, that is around a larger spring.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/1ab6852184bd9c38.jpg[/atsimg]

The cycle I am talking about is the smaller one on the bigger one.

This is an illustration of how our star goes around the galaxy. It is on a cycle itself, but we see how the planets wrap around the path of the Sun? Well the sun does the same oscillation as it goes around the galaxy too.

Just to explain cycles, and that there are cycles on cycles on cycles.

The cycles we are talking about are cycles of activity that seem to repeat every 12 years, until now. It may just be a cycle one order of magnitude larger, say 500-1000 years, and it is not unusual but we have only 100 years of data and so it looks anomalous. It might set Earth changes in motion, but other than that it may have happened for thousands or millions of years this way.

The implications of such events are a mystery too. We have seen fluctuations in the suns energy in the geologic records, but I am not sure that cross discipline data has been realized yet by formal science, so we will have to wait for that correlative data to be added.

Coronal Mass Ejections likely have cycles we can't pattern yet also. So we can only watch and keep calibrating our understanding with observations.

Comparing sizes of sunspots and volumes of energetic emission in a solar body without knowledge is just tabloid science unless you can bring it together. Unfortunately science is still too segmented and compartmentalized to make the big discoveries we may need to survive changes.

This might seem odd, but I know a solar physicist who has rarely looked through a telescope. That's because observational astronomy is different than solar physics.

I have a feeling however that if such a solar physicists spent time looking at the sun with a telescope (using HA and other filters) they could advance their understanding. Some do, but not enough. Mix it up dudes!

We need to get our 'sci' together.

ZG

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by BlasteR

So this statement:

The last time we saw the heliosphere degrade at these kinds of levels, it coincided with a mass extinction on earth.

Has no evidence behind it. The state of the heliosphere at that time is nothing but speculation.

[edit on 7/9/2009 by Phage]

It is only speculation, yes. But it does make sense.

There was a mass extinction about 250 million years ago. It is commonly called Permian-Triassic extinction or "the Great Dying". Here's a good story about it..

The Great Dying

The primary cause could have been anything from a nearby supernova to volcanoes to global warming. Noone knows how much global warming might have played a part in this extinction event, but in 2005 some scientists believed it to be one of the primary causes.

Boost to CO2 mass extinction idea

There is no direct scientific evidence to indicate the state of the heliosphere in this timeframe, therefore we have no way of knowing what the heliosphere was REALLY doing.

But before you write this off, consider this..
It takes the sun 250 million years (approximately) to orbit the center of the galaxy. It is quite possible that there is an area of the galaxy that the sun passes through about every 250 million years or so that degrades he heliosphere along with the magnetospheres of the planets.

Ian Brockwell talked about this in his book "Global Warming - The Final Solution". He is also the one that wrote the article I gave you in my last post.

This could be contributing to the global warming we are now experiencing. This would also explain the current degradation of the heliosphere in conjunction with the degradation of earth's magnetic field which is currently degrading at 7% per century, which is pretty scary. Who knows. It might even somehow explain the recent lull in solar activity.

It would explain how events similar to what we're experiencing now could have occurred around the time of the "Great Dying". It would just now be coming full circle again as the earth passes through this area of the galaxy once again. Thus, a degradation of the heliosphere would be precisely cyclical and occur about every quarter million years as the sun passes through this particular area of the galaxy while in orbit around the galactic center.

Apart from the afformentioned global warming hypothesis, a degradation of the heliosphere in conjunction with a degradation of earth's magnetic field would have eventually been catastrophic to all life on earth if it reached a point where enough cosmic radiation could penetrate the sun's protective "boundary" and the earth's protective electromagnetic shield.. Therefore, If our current situation doesn't change we will also be in trouble.

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR
reply to

Are you sure you really want to link some global-warming propaganda piece from the BBC in a scientific debate with Phage?

Anybody with even the slightest bit of common sense these days, knows that the BBC is a far leap from anything based on hard, peer-reviewed, scientific facts.
Remember these are the folks who demonstrated how well they could read from a script, without verifying the facts:

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Paroxysm]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall

I have never believed the crop circles were man made in the first place. Some are - but the ones that are very intricate - I believe are messages from higher intelligence.

Could not have put it better myself,

Excellent thread and very thought prokingly worrying. How long do we have left before things really turn for the worst?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlasteR
reply to

Are you sure you really want to link some global-warming propaganda piece from the BBC in a scientific debate with Phage?

Anybody with even the slightest bit of common sense these days, knows that the BBC is a far leap from anything based on hard, peer-reviewed, scientific facts.
Remember these are the folks who demonstrated how well they could read from a script, without verifying the facts:

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Paroxysm]

I wish I could give you 1000 stars for your post, of course, wait for the cries from the establishment "nothing to see here, move along"

[edit on 9-7-2009 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

The fact that Cmndraleon shows direct connection with Colin Andrews of cropcircleconnection in his thread...

Hmmm you know what? Nevermind... considering no response from any mods on this stuff... perhaps its time... to go fishing till school is back

Don't give up! all news web were doing a similar thing a couple of months back.

You just gotta push the right buttons and have a little patience

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroGhost

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/1ab6852184bd9c38.jpg[/atsimg]

Holy crap! Thanks for posting that! That's the same recurring sine wave pattern that I've noticed!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2b3a700d28fc.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a8104af0f904.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

i did not come up with that, it was on the David Icke forum

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Actually - I have NEVER put anyone on ignore. I read every single post. I am not that shallow to "ignore" people.

I also do not reply in "tit for tat" postings. When things are laid out before people in the OP - yet some people want to disregard the OP - then that is their problem not mine. Some people also just try to derail the threads - for their own fun, etc.

I simply pass by those postings and keep going - I don't go down to levels that people try to take threads down to at times, if I did - the thread would then become just a *&^%( session - instead of about the original subject.

My understanding is the person/organization who declared the biggest Ever sunspot has been watching the sun for a few decades. With that in mind - I DID NOT make up saying the "biggest ever" and I also don't believe NASA and govt. run space agencies.

I don't believe NASA would agree and they would say the opposite - because then that also VERIFIES what the crop circles message was. That is the LAST thing they want to happen. That would open up another whole can of worms in their opinion.

SO they will fight ANY force or information that corresponds with the crop circle messages. They will do it vehemently too!! There is too much they want to have stay hidden - from crop circles - aliens - space objects - astroids (look at how they can no longer share info - of objects coming towards the Earth).

SO - the point is - NASA LIES ALL THE TIME!! Why would I believe what they have to say - ALSO why wouldn't I believe someone who is NOT PART OF NASA? Who has NOTHING to gain? Where as NASA and the govt. has A LOT TO LOSE!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
You know its very hard to argue with that logic, seeing as no real logic is involved and 1+1 obviously = 4. But thats fine if you do not believe NASA a lot of people dont, but there are thousands of backyard astronomers who regularly watch the sun and know what it is they are looking at and its nothing but an active region, it has not set any records, your backyard Gympie skywatcher is making false claims, he is the only one.
So i can see why you have given this thread its title and that you stand by it, wrong as it is you shouldnt be to concerned if it ever gets moved, dont run away this time.
But where in the title does it mention CC's? Why would people who want to read about sunspots then have to be subjected to CC's, as you well know this is affecting google searches. It should be added to the title so people know what they have stumbled into. All you have done is made a duplicate thread under the guise of serious research.
You can understand that many people question all about your postings and many people believe you tell lies. As far as i am concerned and most of the real world NASA and other agencies are the official scientific place where we get results and data and unless it can be otherwise proven anything else is just fantasy.
I dont care about your stupid CC argument if i did i would be annoying you in the other threads you have created about this, i care about the title of your thread which IS WRONG, your continued claims that it is fact, and your unwillingness to accept official scientific data as proof of anything.
You clearly have not embraced the deny ignorance motto of this site and seemed to adopt the spread ignorance stance.
I do not understand why the MODS have let this go on for so long when clearly it is all based on lies, wether they have been made on purpose or its actually believed it is still WRONG!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I wonder if there's a correlation between other world events (such as war outbreaks) and sun spot activity? I don't have much time to research this, but glancing at the graph in brokenheadphonez post above, I quickly located sunspot activity for the start and end dates of two major wars (WWII and Vietnam) and also the Fawklands war. I noticed that each war started when the sunspot activity was at its peak, and ended when there was least sunspot activity (except falklands which was a shorter war).

Anyone heard anything about sunspot activity being related to world events?

Cheers,

Aelf

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Aelfrede]

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join