It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Sun Spot EVER found Today 7/7/09 - 60 to 80 times size of Earth!

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Well you just keep posting worthless drivel to support your claims and we can ignore each other. I actually never said a bad word about you until you copied and pasted that same post to a bunch of crop circle threads including mine.

So according to your love of these non MSM sites you must be a huge fan of the National Examiner. I am sure we could create "proof" that Elvis is still alive and kicking and partying with Michael Jackson in about 5 minutes on Google, but it wont make it true.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

LMAO, this examiner.com just links to other sites. This article came from the Honolulu-Exopolitics-Examiner, which is some site ran by nut cases. Just look at there other great articles.

Your pathetic source

I have tried to not accuse you of doing this stuff intentionally, but you keep digging a deeper hole for yourself and your credibility.

This fascinates me.

Yer sorta sounding like a Jode here.

Name calling is very intellectually base. You need a compelling argument. Any "nut case" can say anything is wrong with anything. But the finger you point with has no accuracy or foundation of referenced logic.

Give facts to refute facts. Play the game called scientific methodology.

Its FUN!

By what codex or doctrine do you form your opinions, or are you from a orthodox discipline you cannot adjust for awareness?

I have several impressions. Just wondering.

Can't wait for my very own insult!

ZG

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

Well if you believe what you read from examiner.com there is no need to insult you as you have already insulted yourself. I believe in scientific methodology and you sure dont get that from examiner.com, but if you want to believe a bunch of BS then go right ahead. However, it isnt science it is just science fiction.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I am still extremely curious about WHEN this sunspot will go behind the sun. I also wonder if any of its flares will affect earth AFTER its behind the sun.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Cruxshadows]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

Well you just keep posting worthless drivel to support your claims and we can ignore each other. I actually never said a bad word about you until you copied and pasted that same post to a bunch of crop circle threads including mine.

So according to your love of these non MSM sites you must be a huge fan of the National Examiner. I am sure we could create "proof" that Elvis is still alive and kicking and partying with Michael Jackson in about 5 minutes on Google, but it wont make it true.

...worthless drivel... and what construction information are you contributing to this thread?

I suggest you take the night off.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cruxshadows
I am still extremely curious about WHEN this sunspot will go behind the sun. I also wonder if any of its flares will affect earth AFTER its behind the sun.

Judging by the current position on SOHO MDI and the rotation I guess two days? Maybe three?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6a75d235ee86.jpg[/atsimg]

(I am not a scientist)

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Wow your post was really a great contribution. Gave you a star. I shall take your advice and go to bed. Thanks mommy.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

Gave you a star. That was brilliant! Hilarious too.

Thanx bunches!

So....

What IS true?

Is death the end and there is no god and everyone is stupid exept who we think we are?

OK, must confess, I imaged you as an out of grant mid level lab scientist with a substance abuse (or coffee) problem, unappreciated for your own brilliant ideas, too reactive to have a relationship with others and think you have had a boring unlucky life, especially when you went to your High School reunion two years ago and saw all your happy friends you never really were a friend to, and just after you where let go for smarting off to the managing project scientist and had to sign a nondisclosure for all the great ideas you had that no one payed attention to, and all you can do is sit in front of your computer waiting for a reply from the many months of submitted resumes that have a 1 in 1 billion chance of bearing fruit.

Am I close???

Yea, been there.

It would explain allot.

It's always good to have a bitter cold day so you appreciate the warm ones.

Thanks for the cold day.

(I really deserve an off topic, but could not stop the fun.)

ZG

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by grapesofraft

Amazing what closed minds others have - and how arrogant of them to think humans are the only people in the whole universe - especially since that is COMPLETELY contrary to A LOT of evidence of aliens and intelligent life outside of the Earth.

I know that you are not replying to me, and I certainly do not fall into the category of "arrogant, closed-minded people" who think that humans are the only intelligent life forms in the universe. However, being one of those intelligent lifeforms, I have to again repeat that it appears the CC interpretation that there was to be a "Solar Storm, CME ejected in Earths direction, or other significant geomagnetic event with our magnetosphere" turned out to be FALSE, and did not come to fruition.

I apparently also have to repeat my original question/post in this thread (page 21 of this nonsense) since you seem to have ignored it and have not responded intelligently:

Originally posted by Paroxysm

Originally posted by questioningall
Well it seems that a sun spot has been spotted that is the LARGEST EVER FOUND - sunspots can be 60 times the size of Earth - this one is 60 to 80 times the size of Earth.

What? Are you sure you (and whoever wrote this article) know what your talking about?

Here is a current picture of this "massive
" sunspots you are referring to:

I am just going to randomly grab a few of these same pics from only the last couple of years, which also have visible sunspots, and then you tell me if the current sunspot is really the "biggest ever"

Now (QuestioningAll) that you have had another opportunity to review the pics which I spent time digging up for you, with your own two eyes, please answer the following questions:

Is this really the "LARGEST EVER FOUND" sunspot?

Is this even the largest sunspot to appear in the last five years?

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Paroxysm]

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Paroxysm]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I posted the source of the correlation in an old thread from October 2008.
You can find that thread HERE.

Here is the source:
Is life on our planet facing another mass extinction?

(edited to add excerpt)

The reason for the shrinking is currently unknown, but it is believed that the heliosphere can be affected by other forces within our galaxy. This is a point I have raised in the past and made mention of it in my book. It is my belief that our solar system passes through an area in our galaxy that affects the Sun and all the planets in our system (hence the climatic changes we are, or have, experienced)

Our Solar System orbits our galaxy once every 250 million years (approximately) and it is interesting that a mass extinction occurred the last time this happened (just before the dinosaurs appeared). Is it possible that we are heading for a repeat of this event?

Is it really off-topic to talk about sunspots/solar activity and how the recent lull coincides with other confirmed phenomenon like the degradation of earth's magnetic field and the heliosphere?

If so, I owe an apology.

In the afformentioned post from October 2008, I posted some other interesting articles too.

NASA's Ibex Launches for Examination of Sun's Weakening Shield

Global Warming and Predictions of an Impending Ice Age - Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

The silent Sun’s uncertain course

-ChriS

[edit on 8-7-2009 by BlasteR]

[edit on 9-7-2009 by BlasteR]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

LMAO, love your imagination and that you actually spent some brain power trying to attribute all these wild fantasies to me. Gave you a star as well.

Actually, I am none of what you imagined, but I do like to discuss things with people who believe in wild fantasies and get their information from ridiculous people with no scientific knowledge and there only positive thing is a website where they can spout their nonsense.

Personally, I would love to believe in aliens on earth that make crop circles and fly around the universe in their spaceships. That sounds kind of awesome, but it is not based on anything but imagination.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Wasn't it agreed that this isn't the biggest sunspot ever uh..15 pages ago?

*facepalm*

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokenheadphonez

No one paid attention

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

*facepalm*

Yet the OP has been on since, and has had time to read through the responses to her thread. However the title of the thread remains "Largest Sun Spot EVER found Today 7/7/09 - 60 to 80 times size of Earth!"

She has not responded to me, however I will not take it personally, I just won't ever invest any more time in digging up REAL FACTS to prove her incorrect.

As for everyone else who wants to hang out on the edge of their seat, taking these fallacies and HOAX articles as fact, they ought to do some of their own research...

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Paroxysm]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

FWIW, I think she really thought it was the biggest ever and hoax is pushing it a little..

Either way, good things came out of this. We all learned a bit more and let's just chalk it up to experience. Without these threads, it would have taken me much longer to understand many concepts, so I am grateful.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Hey guys, Im back with a new question! Whats a coronal hole and what kind of effect can it have on earth? I googled it and basically all i could come up with is it makes auroras. What else can it do?

www.gi.alaska.edu...

An article from 2000 about coronal holes making aurora on earth.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CruxshadowsWhat else can it do?

it makes auroras

Or...

send a massive emp and wipe out powergrids for a few days

[edit on 9-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   

reply to post by Paroxysm

FWIW, I think she really thought it was the biggest ever and hoax is pushing it a little..

Well, she can make all of this right by simply logging in, changing the thread title, and posting a simple apology for mistakenly posting something as "fact", when in reality it was NOT FACTUAL.

I will not be holding my breath.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Well lets hope the first one happens and not the second one!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paroxysm
I will not be holding my breath.

Well I'll be hornswaggled... I think I see what is going on here

Remember Cmdraleon of the Galactic Federation of Light a few months back?

Well looky this one... and he links it to www.cropcircleconnector.com...

7th July 2009, Silbury Hill, Wiltshire, England. Off Duty Police Officer Encounters 3 Tall Beings
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And yet another thread
Identifying REAL Crop Circles!!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Me smells a rat

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join