It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Sun Spot EVER found Today 7/7/09 - 60 to 80 times size of Earth!

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

Give it up Point,the Sunspot was already there on 7/7 you know that ,you are are still online so your 'puter is still working and you are still living long enough to put on some Sunscreen,go and ask the crop circle to predict when the actual "biggest Sunspot ever seen" will occur,which is NOT 1024 so far and was not on 7/7/2009.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Setting the whole crop circle thing aside AGAIN...

I object to your dismissal.

A class C flare is by definition an event..

And the resultant affect on the magnetosphere is a direct result, and is valid.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Nobody got the date right... NOTHING HAPPENED ON JULY 7TH that hasnt happened over and over again for BILLIONS OF YEARS. It was a non-event. It was the equivalent of saying it is going to rain in Cincinnati on Friday when there are storms forming in St. Louis on Wednesday. Maybe the weathermen are freaking aliens of to not misinterpret you maybe they are of a higher consciousness.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

Well there are lots of things that could be considered an event, like going to someones birthday party. That is an event, but also ordinary.

The thing that amazes me is how some people will hold on to the slightest bit of something just to avoid reality. First it was going to be a HUGE earth impacting, satellite destroying solar storm and now its a big deal because there was a small solar flare. Like I said before if there was no solar flare you guys would have just made up someother BS thing about the Sun just so you wouldnt have to face the truth.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

I've stated many times that I believe the significance is the event itself, and this may just be from my perspective as a solar enthusiast..

But it is possible that the catastrophic prediction was misinterpreted, and a relative mountain was made of a molelhill..

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Give it up Point,the Sunspot was already there on 7/7 you know that ,you are are still online so your 'puter is still working and you are still living long enough to put on some Sunscreen,go and ask the crop circle to predict when the actual "biggest Sunspot ever seen" will occur,which is NOT 1024 so far and was not on 7/7/2009.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by smurfy]

Never said it wasn't there before the 7th, never said we were in danger and never said "biggest sun spot ever', so try again.

I did'n't say it started on the 7th, I said an event was taking place during the 7th, and the days before. Read back.

There weren't flares like in the 4-7 July time frame for months before that.

It's close enough for me.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Point of No Return]

link   

Originally posted by brokenheadphonez

I've stated many times that I believe the significance is the event itself, and this may just be from my perspective as a solar enthusiast..

If you're a "solar enthusiast", you'd know that the longest we've gone without sunspot activity since the beginning of May has been 10 days.

The average is three days.

That's why this is completely unremarkable.

link   

Setting the whole crop circle thing aside AGAIN...

But it is possible that the catastrophic prediction was misinterpreted, and a relative mountain was made of a molelhill..

First you want to leave "crop circles aside"...then a minute later you refer to your "misinterpreted catastrophic prediction" which is interpreted from the CC's you wanted to leave aside.

Can you say doublespeak?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by pazcat
And again this leads me to say not one single thing about this thread is reliable, HOAX it now, this is affecting google searches, 11 year old kids might be putting this in their homework

Send an alert not a complaint just request 'correction' I did... but no response yet. I have seen a lot less serious titles being changed or hoaxed. I don't get it why this one survives... The thread is fine... but the title is not, no matter the belief of the OP

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

If you're a "solar enthusiast", you'd know that the longest we've gone without sunspot activity since the beginning of May has been 10 days.

The average is three days.

That's why this is completely unremarkable.

Then why are scientists saying this:

However, one thing is clear: the new solar max does appear to be intensifying after a long period of quiescence, and the sudden emergence of the huge sunspot did indeed startle solar scientists.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Well what event are you talking about exactly? I didnt really see an event as much as the sun doing what it does from time to time.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Well I dont know, why dont you post a link so I can make sure it is just not some crackpot that thinks he is a scientist like George Costanza thinks he is a Marine Biologist or an Architecht.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I'm talking about this big *****n sunspot, the size of Jupiter, after a few months with nothing more than a couple of tiny tims and sweet peach all before that..

Edit to add, I've been watching SOHO since minimum.. I can't always check it every day, I do have a life, but this is by far the most significant activity I've seen in almost real time.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I did so yesterday, it didnt seem to work. But maybe i should again and so should anybody else who feels this is all one big load of deception. I have been moaning about the title from the start and its quite clear the OP will not change it, so it deserves to be moved. Im not saying stop the discussion but either change the title or discuss this in one of the other thread created by the OP on this same point.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Can't let you off there Point,you're defending this thread which is based on the OP's original link,which made a speak which is now null and void (see) 7/7/2009.1024 could turn into the biggest fart known in the solar system who knows,but not for this thread.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Wrong again, I already said twice that the OP should change the title, I'm not defending the OP.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
For everyone saying that this wasn't predicted by scientists:

science.nasa.gov...
www.swpc.noaa.gov...

These are the forecasts from back in May. Note that the graph shows forecasted activity starting up right around the time that it did - before the halfway mark of 2009.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Thanks Vox, finally! So maybe I was totally wrong and it took three friggin weeks to figure this out?

Gosh, there is something so wrong here..

Another edit:

Everyone is constantly surprised (except for the drones), and the Sun does NOT care about averages..

Also, the charts show a DOWNWARD TREND for Jul 02 to Jul 09, not a big sunspot.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
reply to post by smurfy

Wrong again, I already said twice that the OP should change the title, I'm not defending the OP.

Yes that is true, like nearly everybody else here you dont agree with the title of this thread.
But im wondering if it were up to you what would you change the title to without making it a duplicate thread?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

It was just a sunspot. Not like it was even close to the biggest one ever. So why make a crop circle about it? It didnt even do anything to us.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join