It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Sun Spot EVER found Today 7/7/09 - 60 to 80 times size of Earth!

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mars1
The prediction was wrong it was not mine but i took part in the thread i hold my hands up.
But i still doin't buy crop circles are man made until proven otherwise.

I still don't get that mentality, which many seem to share. Groups have admitted to making crop circles. I've seen specials where a couple guys with planks and boards made one in time lapse (one that was attributed to be alien no less, with deep meaning). They did it in 3 hours I think it was, and it was not small. There are PROFESSIONAL crop circle making groups that get paid to do it. You wouldn't call this proof?

There has been exactly ZERO pictures or videos of any other source creating crop circles.

Why would you and other assume that they are NOT man-made, when presented with those facts? It really does baffle me.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by fleabit]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

It is quite obvious you don't know crap about computers.

It wasn't Zorgon's fault that the images got cut off. ATS doesn't allow images of that size to display on this web page, so it is hiding half of it. The entire image is still there, just half of it is hidden. The links are there for you to see and you can even "right click" on the image and click "save as" or "copy". I think the images were supposed to be links, not actual images on teh screen, but ATS automatically does controls that.

It's obvious you are taking this thread personal and you are finding every tiny little thing to nit pick at because you obviously got humiliated and fooled by a crop circle.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by ALLis0NE]

[edit on 8-7-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

I assume he saw his own post, he shouldve pointed out the sunspot was missing in that picture.

If I felt fooled or humiliated, I could've easily not posted in these threads, I started posting after it was "debunked" by you guys.

I just believe that a prediction was made that was pretty relevant.
that's my opinion.

I am "nitpicking" because Zorgon has a double standard and was talking crap when he compared his earthquake predictions to a solar event prediction.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Point of No Return]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Couldn't agree more. I have seen shows as well, documenting it being made at night. Then watching people's reaction. There were even "eye witnesses" who claimed to see a UFO. It gets a bit depressing when certain fake news sites or false witnesses get more credit than actual proof. I have seen it before. The same person can predict an event over and over again. Wrong every time. They just suggest something like "calendars were different, or wrong" and hordes of people suddenly believe them again.

"fool me once..." does not seem to apply to many people. I understand wanting to believe when there is so much unknown information. But ignoring documented facts in order to believe is just wrong.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return
reply to post by ALLis0NE

I am "nitpicking" because Zorgon has a double standard and was talking crap when he compared his earthquake predictions to a solar event prediction.

Nitpicking aside, the correlation between solar activity and seismicity is well documented..

"Seven centuries of records of ancient earthquakes in the Mediterranean region show that the century-scale variations in the number of strong earthquakes closely follow the secular cycle of solar activity."

On the relation between solar activity and seismicity
M. N. Gousheval, K. Y. Georgieva’, B. B. Kiro?, D. Atanaso?
‘Institute for Space Research, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences

[edit on 8-7-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by brokenheadphonez

agree
If they update/change the theory on what is at Earth's core, earthquakes and solar activity makes perfect sense.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Nitpicking aside, the correlation between solar activity and seismicity is well documented..

Dude... read.

He said the solar event prediction was just as random as predicting 2 earthquakes above a certain scale.

I said, those eartquakes are happening everyday across the world.

Unlike the solar activity.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

But I said nitpicking aside..

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Lol, sorry but

That is definately true, but it hasn't got anything to do with what Zorgon meant, and i thought you were referring to that.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
Yes, but I just went to spaceweather.com and they say this

Sunspot 1024 has stopped growing and solar flare activity is subsiding. Credit: SOHO/MDI

The Sunspot is still visible, but much smaller now. For a couple of days, which did include July 7th, or at least part of July 7th on both sides of the world it was a C class flare, and this is the most activity in the Sun in the past two years.

People jumped to the conclusion that "it was going to devastate Earth". I think it was more of a , "hey here comes the most activity you have seen at the Sun", and this prediction was from 3 months ago i think? It was made in April if I remember correctly.

We only can partially predict such events within 36 hours, and not months in advance.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Here is part of what i read about the activity of the Sun, and this latest Sunspot.

By Tudor Vieru, Science Editor

7th of July 2009, 06:23 GMT

According to some observers, this weekend's emissions were the largest recorded in two years, which is saying something about the star, considering that, for 77 percent of the time in 2009, the Sun has been completely free of sunspots. These structures are areas of the surface where temperatures drop as compared with other regions around them, and also where a powerful magnetic field is created. Because of the lower temperature and higher densities, the spots prevent matter swarming below from reaching the surface, acting like a cap. When the matter underneath finally breaches it, it launches into space at large speeds, and causes solar flares, Space reports.

news.softpedia.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Forgot, here is how the Sunspot looked on July 7th.

BTW, i am concerned about the coronal holes that are still visible in the Sun, and one of them, actually two of them are still expanding.

The coronal holes are darker, cooler regions of the Sun's Corona, and it is believed that they are linked to open magnetic field lines. What is wierd about the ones that have been forming is that they occur during Solar Maximum, and we have been in a Solar minimum.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I know I'm just a lurker and all, but I thought I'd point out that we've had deeper solar minima than this before... not to mention more activity than this as well.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokenheadphonez

But I said nitpicking aside..

LOL nevermind dude

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

That is a little freaky. lol

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
What if the sun is just a really big friggin capacitor?

The energy is external, and the fission is a byproduct - not the main event?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Hint, hint, look at my screen name.

Yes, there is a really good possibility that the Sun, and every star in the Universe are electric and not nuclear fusion generators. nuclear fusion generators are hotter the closer you get to the source, but meanwhile the Sun's surface is about 5,000K the temperature of the Sun's corona can reach two million degrees, and the Sun's corona extends over a million kilometers from the Sun's surface. That makes no sense.

Let me continue to explain.

Meanwhile it makes no sense for the Sun to generate energy in the form of nuclear fusion, if the Universe is electric, as that seems the case, and it seems to be regulated by plasma processes, and energies generated from all over the Universe, and the Sun, as well as other stars attract these energies through plasma processes, this could explain many rare phenomenon which has some scientists baffled, such as the electrical discharge that emanate from asteroids, and meteors that get close to the Sun, etc.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

LOL, I know your name put the electric universe theory back into my head, and I just made the connection..

*brain explode*

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I think i'm just like you,I can't get my head round as to why Aliens have to do crop circles to communicate,I mean if a beautiful blonde walks up to me and says"Hi,i'm Helga fom Swedon" I may not have a clue what she says,but i'd get the message alright!

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join