It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Sun Spot EVER found Today 7/7/09 - 60 to 80 times size of Earth!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommyb0y
reply to post by Bachfin

Sometimes your just banging your head on the wall dealing with people on this site!

I do agree with this line Mr 2 post count

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
I agree science didn't predict the sunspot, or any related major activity on that day, it was a crop circle "interpretation" that predicted something was going to happen that day.

Your right science said it happened earlier

Space Weather reported it July 5th... but I just checked SOHO's data base

Guess what?

Here is July 3rd

Here is July 4th

Hers is July 7th

So it actually appeared on the 4th of July

Now don't you feel silly?

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
From what I've heard the sun spot on the 5th July is the biggest in two years. Yes it's true we were due to come out of the solar minimum, but could anyone else have predicted any date close to 5th July when the next significant activity would begin? If the crop circle is out by two days, I'd say that's not bad going and still very significant seeing as though this is the largest activity in two years - and they were only two days out. I bet if scientists had predicted the sunspot and they were two days out, you who consider yourselves as 'scientific' with your sceptisicism would be more lenient with the two day 'error margin'. You'd say 'hey look, the scientists were only two days out with their prediction. That's pretty darn close!'

Originally posted by tommyb0y
reply to post by Bachfin

Its simple mate!

We are entering solar maximum! When we enter solar maximum we have sun spots, fact! Its not amazing that somebody would have guessed there would be a sunspot on 7/7 because it was going to happen anytime soon!

Not only that the sunspot has been there for over a week!

Sometimes your just banging your head on the wall dealing with people on this site!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted yet:

RESURGENT SUNSPOT: Yesterday, sunspot 1024 took the day off; the fast-growing active region stopped growing and even decayed a little. Today, the sunspot is growing again. It now measures 125,000 km from end to end, almost as wide as the planet Jupiter.
www.spaceweather.com...
I don't know if I believe in that crop circle prediction, but it's been entertaining anyway.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bachfin
reply to post by Paroxysm

I agree.

But do you not also agree that it's strange this cropcircle appears stating the date 7/7 (it never actualy predidted any 'event' just shows the earth the magnosphere and a date) then theres solar activity on 7/7 after a Deep Solar Minimum is in itself well .... 'Weird'?

it could also have been interpreted as the SUN's magnetosphere... not the earth's.

-

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Paroxysm

Now hold on....I thought that the CC was predicting a "solar storm", or the "collapse of our magnetosphere" on 7/7....NOT the forming of a couple sunspots (which as pointed out above, formed on 7/3)
Do I really need to go dig out the quotes from this "interpretation/prediction"?

No just the title of the relevant thread will do

Another New Crop Circle Predicts July 7th 2009 - Earth getting a Major Solar Storm

I have no problem with a belief in Aliens making some circles... but deliberate lies to back a claim is too much... and does no one any good. Besides its easy to make a prediction and find facts that seem to support it like they are doing in this case

Yesterday I predicted there would be at least Two 5.0 or higher earthquakes in the World lesse now....

07-JUL-2009 19:14:09 -5.53 151.96 5.1 44.5 NEW BRITAIN REGION, P.N.G.
07-JUL-2009 19:11:45 75.28 -72.20 5.9 10.0 BAFFIN BAY
07-JUL-2009 16:59:05 23.99 122.55 4.8 11.0 TAIWAN REGION
07-JUL-2009 16:46:15 -29.38 -71.07 5.3 48.8 NEAR COAST OF CENTRAL CHILE
07-JUL-2009 16:31:41 -26.72 67.46 5.7 10.0 INDIAN OCEAN TRIPLE JUNCTION
07-JUL-2009 12:42:00 -17.93 -178.53 4.6 587.9 FIJI ISLANDS REGION
07-JUL-2009 07:59:47 56.96 -33.56 4.7 10.0 REYKJANES RIDGE
07-JUL-2009 01:02:47 34.17 25.55 4.8 10.0 CRETE
07-JUL-2009 00:32:46 34.21 25.19 4.9 9.6 CRETE

not bad I got FOUR

My prediction holds for tomorrow as well, no mater when you read this

www.iris.edu...

Even if I miss one day a month I'm still batting 90+% accuracy

[edit on 8-7-2009 by zorgon]

[edit on 8-7-2009 by zorgon]

What a lame post.

Earthquakes happen all around the Earth, everyday.

How hard is it to predict that?

The CC's seemed to be about a solar event, we got some solar flares and a sunspot in the same timeframe.

These are not things that occur daily.

Can you see the difference Zorgon, I would think you could.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by booda
heres the latest from the SOHO site

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ae6b8aeea26d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1ddc9dfa0669.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d8e0ed40409.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bd8dffe9f834.jpg[/atsimg]

Looks scary to me but what do I know.....

Link to SOHO site

Don't these pictures say that there was a sunspot on the 7th of July?

Zorgon, I like how you posted the left side of the sun in that 7-7 soho picture, the sunspot was on the right.

Seems your pretty good at misinformation yourself.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Point of No Return]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
you guys will still find a way around this won't ya?

Just par for the course Z! Do we really expect integrity to be shown? I'm yet to see it on any type of prediction thread that goes miserably wrong.

When one cannot admit error, they are doomed to repeat it. That's why the same people hop straight back on that band wagon for the next prediction thread. Groundhog Day!

IRM :shk:

[edit on 8/7/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

Did you check the dates on his pictures?
Before accusing someone of misinfo you should check it out yourself.
Here.

[edit on 8/7/2009 by DGFenrir]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DGFenrir

Ehm, what? He posted a 7-7 soho picture, making it look like there was no sunspot that day, only it was indeed there, just outside of his posted picture.

Look at the pictures I reposted, a very bright sunspot on 7-7.

He said there was a sunspot on the 4th and made it look like it was already gone the 7th.

You need to pay some more attention.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Point of No Return,

It really isn't that hard to look up the term "sunspot 1024" on google, and see all the 100's of links that talk about the sunspot on dates before July 7.

I'll even do it for you:
Google Search - Sunspot 1024

Pretty easy huh? We call it "research".

[edit on 8-7-2009 by 0nce 0nce]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 0nce 0nce

You don't get it do you.

I'm not saying it wasn't there on the 4th on 5th, i'm saying that the way Zorgon posted his pics, it looked like the sunspot was gone the 7th, wich it wasn't.

It's still there right now.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   
does anyone know how to use Wolframalhpa confidently. I tried to put some dates and variables for solar flares/sun spots but get very little....

I thought Wolfram was meant to be the best when it came to statistical info....

either Im doing something wrong or Wolfram is not that good....

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I believe the crop circles may have been predicting 7/7/09 as the start of the events.

Also like previously mentioned how we interpret the crop circles may not actually be the way they were ment to be interpreted.

I think one of the circles pointed to the time between the eclipse on 7/7/09 and the upcomming Total Eclipse/Supermoon on July 22 2009.

Guess we will find out one way or another.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Obviously somethings up. Is it so hard on your ego to admit were simply like animals in a much larger world that we dont understand. I find the coincidences between the crop circles and recent sun activity as highly conclusive. The 7th was the beginning of a new set of flares and solar wind that nobody could have predicted beside the crop circles.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by stevedel0]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

No I totaly get it...

You think Zorgon is trying to fool people, because the images he posted are 1024x1024 in size and can't fit inside these forums correctly.

Here is a tip... "Right mouse click" each image, click "Properties", and look for the "URL", and copy and paste that URL into your web browser, and you will see the full picture. You will see Zorgon is not trying to fool you, but help you. ME TOO!

Or here is a good idea, click the link he provided in his post and research for the dates he is talking about.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by 0nce 0nce]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

For gods sake!

Anyone that can interpret the data could predict the arrival of a sun spot so yes. It runs like clock work get over it!

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Ok, double standard again. The OP get's burned for having a false title, it was implied she did it on purpose.

So we should expect Zorgon to post his pictures correctly, cause the way he posted it, makes the situation look different.

Why post a picture of the sun that leaves out a sunspot that is clearly there, did Zorgon miss that?

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Point of No Return

Ok, double standard again. The OP get's burned for having a false title, it was implied she did it on purpose.

Not implied, Fact. She either does not know its not the biggest SS which she has been told so she does, is not willing to listen to those that have proven otherwise, is using a not too reputable source, refuses to change the title to a more appropriate 'CropCircle predicts solar event'. Why? Because she has already started a thread on that subject.
If anybody else tried this on ATS the threads would be deleted and we get warned, Why dont the mods step up and do something!, are they afraid she is going to go off and sulk again.
I repeat once again this thread has nothing to do with the title in the OP, it is a duplicate thread, a false thread and should be dumped in the HOAX forum. Come on mods show you care.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Agreed, the title should be changed, I also said that before.

I just feel it's strange that someone attacks the OP for being misleading, and then posts misleading pictures and posts himself.

Like "I can predict earthquakes", it's not even on the same level.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join