It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Sun Spot EVER found Today 7/7/09 - 60 to 80 times size of Earth!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by druid1

LMAO, NASA driven disinformation. You wont believe a bunch of scientists at NASA, but you will believe whatever moron creates his own website and fills it with guesses about who made crop circles and what they mean. Is that what you call denying ignorance?

Do you even realize that the very images you use to say that the crop drawing looks like the magnetosphere come from NASA? Maybe those are fake too and magnetosphere really looks like a giant pair of rabbit ears.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Is the Source really phonetically pronounced GIMPY???

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
this thread should really be locked or deleted. this is another shameless promotion for the movie Knowing, which comes out on DVD today 7/7/09 (plot is massive solar flare destroys earth, predicted by crop circles or smth). i've seen quite a few of these recently and i think the marketing company may have somehow pushed these threads onto ATS to increase their sales.

that's my conspiracy theor for the day!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by grapesofraft

There is no rule that science cannot be art and vice versa.

Taken within the paradigm of ET communication, "art" would probably be the method of choice used unless you're saying we live in a universe where ETs speak english fluently ala Star Trek.

And again, from 'prediction' to event, not unlike how most scientific theories are proven after the fact, this has given many a reason to "stay tuned".

Tune out if you wish.

-O

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

I would believe in the tooth fairy before I believed in anything connected with the American govenment.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkSecret

I wouldn't doubt it. There is no lengths marketing companies won't go to promote sales these days. I watched Knowing last night and I have to say...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Overbyte77

There is no rule that science cannot be art and vice versa.

Taken within the paradigm of ET communication, "art" would probably be the method of choice used unless you're saying we live in a universe where ETs speak english fluently ala Star Trek.

Real science is not art. Maybe it is not a rule, but it is common sense. In art you can make up whatever you want, like most of the people who think crop circles come from aliens. In real science you need evidence and reproducibility to have people believe that your theory is correct.

OK so these Aliens are so advanced beyond us that they can travel the vast expanse of the universe to get here, but they cannot figure out simple language by observing us?

Even if they were just left to art, they wouldnt draw something we had to guess at they would be more specific and not leave it up to interpretation, even if that meant they had to create 100 crop circles side by side so we could have a clearer or picture of what they were trying to communicate.

If they were using art, why a crop. Why not a big piece of paper and some charcoal and give it to the smartest people on Earth. Why would it have to be gigantic?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by druid1

I would believe in the tooth fairy before I believed in anything connected with the American govenment.

Well there is your problem my friend, because now you are left to gain knowledge with some crackpots with websites, who dont have the resources or the knowledge to accomplish anything but guess at what events mean. I am actually suprised you dont believe in the tooth fairy. I guess someone made a youtube video disproving it for you.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by grapesofraft]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft
reply to post by Trunkeight

no I mean "Its the pictoral information depicted in it, and it's patterned relationship with contemporary scientific magnetosphereic modeling that i find intriguing.."

Do NOT misrepresent what I say here.

Well it could be "patterned relationship with contemporary scientific magnetosphereic modeling" or it could be just an image of a bird or an arc. We dont really know what it is, so we are left to guess. To you it is magnetosperic model, to me its a bird. These "Aliens" really need to get more specific in their drawings so we arent left with "you say Tomato I say Tomato... lets work the whole thing out".

I'm not saying the field pictogram IS the magnetosphere, I'm saying it has similar geometry to the NICT magnetosphere modeling graph. But I must say I love the Gershwin reference

Furthermore, even if it were proven to be a drawing of the magnetosphere humans are capable of looking the same models you are and then basing a crop circle off of them.

This is entirely probable and I agree. However, they are humans (or whatnot) with a precise understanding of correlating future dates diagraphically, and depicting their representations before their source of model even exists, and then these depictions strangely occur realworld, and bare more than a passing resemblance.

I think you are trying to say that you believe it is a group of humans developing common drawings based on the magnetospheric models and then dispensing them to different teams over the internet so they can be created.

NO,that would require far more information than I have to deduce that conclusion. I dont CARE who is drawing them, I care for WHAT they are drawing, and WHEN.

Note:

I have no interest whatsoever in the exopolitical economy of the origins of these terrestrial pictograms, but I am not a fool, and can recognise associated and inferred patterns and understand the probability of these seemingly related phenomeonon being random as remarkably low, and curious to say the least.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Trunkeight]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Trunkeight

Well dont you think the most rational explanation is that it is a team of human beings doing this and that is why there is a pattern that human beings can interpret?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
I have never believed the crop circles were man made in the first place. Some are - but the ones that are very intricate - I believe are messages from higher intelligence.

I find it quite ODD that the same day the messages were deciphered to be about - is the SAME DAY the LARGEST SUN SPOT EVER has been found!!

hhhhmmm..... makes you think - and take some things with more than just a grain of salt!

Yup it certainly does, especially how outstretched and gullable some people are o.O

Don't get me wrong, I believe in ET, and despite being of scientific mind and upbringing I believe in God (Well... a God, not a made up religion god)

So a large sunspot appeared... And?

Like the movies and directors who look for taboo subjects to entertain us (any film to do with aliens or Armageddon/ end of the world etc) These field crop artists are seeing what people are worried about and are contributing to that scare.

More over, someone has "guessed" or self interpreted what these crop circles mean... They may mean nothing or something utterly different to what is being suggested.

Why also, are these circles only appearing in the UK?

Anyhow, I'm sure some of these are unexplainable... Sadly, 99% of them are.

[edit on 7/7/2009 by Kliskey]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kliskey
So a large sunspot appeared... And?

I think the funny part about this is that the sunspot was already there!

Google "Sunspot 1024" it's been around for a while.

I think a bunch of users just jumped to conclusions based off of false information.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSecret
this thread should really be locked or deleted. this is another shameless promotion for the movie Knowing, which comes out on DVD today 7/7/09 (plot is massive solar flare destroys earth, predicted by crop circles or smth). i've seen quite a few of these recently and i think the marketing company may have somehow pushed these threads onto ATS to increase their sales.

that's my conspiracy theor for the day!

As has been commented before, the film is not due for release in England until 3rd August so it is highly unlikely that the CC was a promotion for that. If it were then I would imagine it would be a far more successful campaign if they were made in the country that the release did coincide with, and appealed to more than a handful of people that are interested in CC's and conspiracies. I'm pretty certain this connection is purely a coincidence.

I've been following the threads from the start (only joining here to actually comment on them) and as much as I'd like to believe there is further meaning to them, I'm leaning towards the opposite now. I'd love to be proven wrong and who knows, perhaps today will turn out to be the start of something major to come but right now I'd rather put my hands in the air and admit that I got swept up in the whole excitement of it all. Still, I'd rather keep my mind open so I'm sure I'll look into any future interpretations just as much and not discount them straight away.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
These Crop circles are appearing in the sacred landscape surrounding stonehenge and avebury. Maybe this is not a coincidence

I for one believe something is going on.....

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
If I didn't know any better, questioningall just likes her topics on the front page. Why else would she make three topics instead of keeping them to one? You don't see the administrators making a new topic every time there's a new forum rule, they just edit their original post or post again in the thread.

Oh wow, a big sunspot appeared today, and questioningall thinks it's the biggest sunspot ever made in humankind's history and that it confirms the interpreted prediction made in the crop circles, one of which taking an entire three days to make. Uh huh.

You'll see me back in here if temperatures sudden jump 20 degrees and there are electrical failures all across America and the world in the next week or two; otherwise, I'm done.

[edit on 7/7/2009 by SonicInfinity]

link   

Originally posted by Trunkeight
... ok. you dont see any relationship, geometric similarity or timing of the appreasance of these occurances to be at all congruous to a pattern.

right....

What occurrences are you talking about?

Nothing out of the ordinary happened. The solar activity from today and the past several days has been perfectly normal. As others have said, there is always solar activity...today is no different.

link   
Ok, is it possible for someone to make a thread were all of the cropcircles of last week are displayed, so we can look at all of them and reevaluate them.

They were clearly about a solar event and a date was derived from them.

Nobody can deny there has been some unusual solar activity these last days, in a period of solar minimum.

So there is something to it.

About the movie "Knowing", I'm not surprised if there's some Holywood synchronicity going on here, you know, some Illuminati ritualism.

The title of this thread may have been false but that's no reason to burn the OP down.

So much anger. Anger comes from fear.

Fear of stepping out of the box, to wonder, to evolve.

You just keep doing your thing Questioningall, you know your doing right.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Life is interpretation. Science as we know it is interpretation of the whole, which itself does not have all the answers - far from it. Art is also a concept that has no boundaries - who is to say when something is subjective or objective when everything we base our lives on is a result of the subjective human spirit and perceptual model? Conceptually, we really haven't moved beyond Ptolemy's model it seems.

As we are talking about ETs here, your opinion on how they 'should' communicate with us infers that you understand their intent as well. As such, you can tell us more about these ETs and why they should be more like humans.

-O

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

These Crop circles are appearing in the sacred landscape surrounding stonehenge and avebury. Maybe this is not a coincidence

Or they are poor students living in the area and can't afford the fuel to dive further afield|

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

If I was a person who wanted to make to make a crop circle, I think the area surrounding Stonehenge would be one of the places on the top of my list. I think that would be a cool place to put one, because of its druid history...

...it would add to the "mystique" of the crop circle.

[edit on 7/7/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join