It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK weapons inspector who was found dead was writing expose: paper

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

UK weapons inspector who was found dead was writing expose: paper

rawstory.com

British weapons inspector Dr. David Kelly was writing an expose about his work with anthrax and his warnings that Iraq possessed no weapons of mass destruction at the time of his death in July 2003, according to a report published in a British newspaper.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Kelly’s death — said to have been a suicide — has stirred controversy, as it came on the heels of testimony to the House of Commons about a memo which purported that Britain had “sexed up” a dossier on Iraq’s alleged weapons of mass destruction. A Parliamentary inquiry ruled that the death had been suicide, though it also included testimony from a former British ambassador who quotes Kelly as having said, “I will probably be found dead in the woods” if Iraq were invaded.

The new report says Kelly had spoken with an Oxford publisher several times about a book.

“He had several discussions with a publisher in Oxford and was seeking advice on how far he could go without breaking the law on secrets,” the UK Daily Express alleged.

Kelly’s computers were seized in the wake of his death. He was a signatory to Britain’s Official Secrets Act, which allows for the prosecution of those who talk to the press about state secrets and prescribes a more stringent framework for secrecy than in the United States.

According to the paper, “he was intending to reveal that he warned Prime Minister Tony Blair there were no weapons of mass destruction anywhere in Iraq weeks before the ­British and American invasion… and was also intending to lift the lid on a potentially bigger scandal, his own secret dealings in germ warfare with the apartheid regime in South Africa.”

The allegations of a potential Kelly expose come from a new film about biological weapons being debuted in London on the sixth anniversary of Kelly’s death titled “Anthrax War” (the documentary aired earlier this year on Canadian public television). Kelly was an expert in biological warfare agents, as well as a former United Nations weapons inspector in Iraq.

‘Anthrax War’

‘‘The deeper you look into the murky world of governments and germ warfare, the more worrying it becomes,” the film’s director, Bob Coen, is quoted as saying. “We have proved there is a black ­market in anthrax. David Kelly was of particular interest to us because he was a world expert on anthrax and he was involved in some degree with assisting the secret germ warfare program in apartheid South Africa.”

According to the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation’s summary of the film, Coen “was raised in Zimbabwe where the former white regime has been accused of unleashing anthrax against the black population… [who] embarks on a journey that raises troubling questions about the FBI’s investigation of the 21st century’s first act of biological terrorism.

“Coen’s investigation takes him from the U.S. to the U.K. and from the edge of Siberia to the tip of Africa. In a rare interview, Coen confronts ‘Doctor Death’ Wouter Basson, who headed Project Coast, the South African apartheid-era bio-warfare program,” the network’s website adds. “Project Coast used germ warfare against select targets within the country’s black population.

“Anthrax War also investigates the mysterious deaths of some of the world’s leading anthrax scientists, including Dr. David Kelly, the UK’s top military microbiologist, the Soviet defector Dr. Vladimir Pasechnik, and Dr. Bruce Ivins,” the CBC continues. “The FBI claims - despite the doubts of highly ranked U.S. officials - that Ivins was the only person behind the U.S. anthrax murders.”

A Torrent download of Anthrax War is available at this link. Several shorter clips are also available on YouTube.

Here we go. Although most of us already suspected Kelly to have been killed for the sake of British participation in the war, it has now turned out he was writing a book about the British government 'sexing up' the WMD threat, mostly examplified by Blair's statement that Saddam could launch a WMD attack on Europe in less than 45 minutes.

Tell the truth? Get killed. Our Western world is rotten to the bone.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I knew it was a cover up as soon as his death was announced on the TV. Just goes to prove that, the Gov, under Blair sexed up their Doctorine on the Supposingly WMD in Iraq to sell this to uk as a whole.

Blair needs to be held to account for his role in this.

Will it happen Off course not.

Starred and Flagged.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
There is already a thread here on this
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
Blair needs to be held to account for his role in this.

Will it happen Off course not.

Starred and Flagged.

I don't think any Western leader involved in this war has taken responsibility, in the Netherlands, the prime minister is deliberately preventing the opposition from starting an investigation on Dutch involvement.

They are not going to be held accountable and will all get away with it. Nothing that can be done. Nevertheless, it's remarkable they went as far as assassinating people for pushing forward their own agenda. There is still a lot of speculation as for why we went there. I could name various motives, but I guess we haven't seen the most important yet.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I just want to add my respects to this man in all seriousness there is a hardly a week that goes by without me thinking of this man. Before he was KILLED David Kelly told friends and family he thought his life was in danger, little did he know that 'they' were planning his death.

What makes this man important is that TONTY BLAIR had to know about this therefoe, he was in on this, and he knew the consequences yet he sat by the side of Bush whilst innocent people died, where is he now?

Tony Blair this man is pure evil!
Tony Blair to earn £2m as JP Morgan adviser

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
So I wonder who it was that Dr Kelly met on his last walk?I never bought the suicide angle thrown around,considering his daughters wedding coming up

The MP Norman Baker wants this looked at too

He must have had a phone call or an email asking him for a meeting,to be held in secret some five miles away from his house.I bet you those phone records and emails are long gone!

Anthrax war,just opens another can of worms!Was it former SA black ops getting to him before the book-or was it Brit agents doing this for the same reason!or pehaps they saw a chance to create a suicide that looked real for the media and the more you dug up SA anthrax came into the picture!

It looks to me his death came as a result of his links to anthrax

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Dr. David Kelly was head of microbiology at Porton Down and worked with two American scientists, Benito Que, 52, and Don Wiley, 57. All three are now dead.
blogs.healthfreedomalliance.org...

On November 16 2001, Don C. Wiley, 57, vanished, and his abandoned rental car was found on the Hernando de Soto Bridge outside Memphis, Tenn. His body was found on Dec. 20.

On November 12 2002, Benito Que, 52, was found comatose in the street near the laboratory where he worked at the University of Miami Medical School. He died on Dec. 6.

On July 18 2003: Dr. David Kelly, 59, apparently committed suicide.

100 DEAD SCIENTISTS AND MICROBIOLOGISTS - The Master List
valis.gnn.tv...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Oh agrees, Blair even went as far as to try having the Investigation into going to war in Iraq, closed behind closed doors, privately. It is obvious that he has alot to hide. Which thankfully will be held inpublic not private.

Knows this investigation will be a cover up also. We the public will not be told the truth. No Governement will ever tell the public the truth no matter weither they are Labour or Conservative.

Knows the Government will use every means it has to stop a investigation into the death of Dr Kelly. Remember the Committe meetings, they were heated to say the least.

I for one is not holding out for an independant investigation into this. This governement might amaze me, but I will not hope for it.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Can't remember who posted the link with the list of microbioligists etc that had been bumped off since the 80's but check this one out...

January 1987: Richard Pugh, 37
—Expertise: MOD computer consultant and digital communications expert.
—Circumstance of Death: Found dead in his flat in with his feet bound and a plastic bag over his head. Rope was tied around his body, coiling four times around his neck.
—Coroner’s verdict: Accident

HOW?!?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Which group would be the ones actually doing the killing here?

Would it be CIA agents sent in to murder someone and make it look like an accident or suicide. Maybe a group of men we have never heard of like a secret organization of assassins.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to the people who actually commit the murders?

That is if it happens.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strictsum
Which group would be the ones actually doing the killing here?

Would it be CIA agents sent in to murder someone and make it look like an accident or suicide. Maybe a group of men we have never heard of like a secret organization of assassins.

Does anyone have any thoughts as to the people who actually commit the murders?

That is if it happens.

It sounds hard to believe that the UK government would allow the CIA to assassinate this man. I'd rather suspect the British secret service to be involved. One thing is sure. The invasion of Iraq had to happen, no matter the cost.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

That is what I was thiking, remember Gibralter or was it in Spain, where the SAS, took out those IRA dudes. The deathof Dr Kelly ha the marks of the SAS all ove it.

Mind you I do not know about MI5 OR MI6, they do have agents whocan kilas much as the SAS.

Wel will see in the comming weeks or months weither or not there is going tobe an investigation ino his death.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I heard a story a few years back that the SBS and the SAS are not the best we have.There is another group who among their duties is to protect certain areas on our main land and around the world.
SAS members regulary try to break into these places,but the security and personal are far too good for them to achieve it

Concerning Dr Kellys death.its looks like the military bio weapons machine is wiping some of these men away after their uses are gone and they want to cut away any future damaging infomation that these people could let slip

I dont think its CIA/MI6 or any other group like that

The Queen is rumoured to have said to that ghastly butler that there are dark forces at work in this country,of which we know nothing

I aint got a clue who they are,but I bet they would do anything to keep power and money

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by noangels

1st of all the CIA are anamerican agency, not a british one, Whom has nothing to do with this case.

Also the SAS are one of the best Secret Services in the world. I would notbe surprised if they did play a role in this. They have done so before under the orders of The UK Government.

Compaed to MI5 OR MI6 the SAS are way above the rest.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by noangels

They have done so before under the orders of The UK Government.

Do you have any specific examples? Would be interested to read some more about this particular subject.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

The British and American intelligence agencies work together all the time in dealing with *matters*.Although in this case it would be pretty easy to take out david kelly so it was probably all down to the British,the CIA obviously knew about it though...probably Mossad too.It's sad,i think many people working in the intelligence agencies around the world are actually looking out for their country..but there is a shadow group within the intelligence agencies that are not so nice to put it lightly.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Oks I am given you an example oks. Although the UK Governement at the time denied having any involvemen in this. Everyone knows the Governement gave the order for this to be caried out:

Another embarrassing investigation into the Special Air Service killing of the three IRA terrorists in Gibraltar is threatening to engulf the Government, this time by the United Nations.

The move will further infuriate ministers, still outraged at last week's condemnation by the European Court of Human Rights, which concluded that the killings were unlawful and that the trio could and should have been arrested.

The use of Public Interest Immunity certificates - effectively gagging orders signed by ministers - has prevented investigation into anything other than the immediate events leading up to the killings on the Rock. The longer-term planning of the operation by military and security service intelligence, including a crucial meeting of ministers which sanctioned calling in the SAS, have never been examined - either by the inquest into deaths or by the human rights judges. The families maintain that it would disclose a plot to kill the three - a scenario ruled out by the European Court.

UK INDEPENDANT

Just shows you that the UK Governement will instrust the SS to carry out assasinations, eventhough they would rebutt any evidence that brings the Governement into disripute.

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I do know that the CIA are an american unit,but thanks for letting me know if i didnt!

CIA operates in many countries,and works hand in hand with other intel agencies.

The SAS were unleashed on the rock,and its not the 1st time IRA members have been killed by this unit.I dont think Dr Kelly fits in with the SAS at all,this doesnt look like a mission that our boys would do!

I know from 1st hand reports how good the SAS and SBS are,they are our best trained soldiers who have mastered their deadly arts in many theatres of war,including a number we will never know about

There not used to suicide people like Dr Kelly!The people who do those jobs are not in the army at all,and I would guess have never been in any unit.There long term shady intel spooks,who have no honer

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I don't mean to derail the thread but this is more background on Dr Kelly.I just watched "the anthrax war" a CBC documentary about bio weapons and the 2001 US anthrax attacks:

www.cbc.ca...

onebigtorrent.org...

Very interesting,especially about Dr David kelly and his involvement with South Africa's "Dr Death"during the 80s apartheid regime.

It appears the UK were exchanging information with the South African gov.concerning the weaponising of anthrax and the possibility of wiping out the black population by means of a form of contraception,designed to render the users sterile(project coast)...The man who dealt with Dr Death,was good ol Dr David Kelly.
Dr death admits on camera visiting Porton Down(secret Brit bio/chem weapons factory,where Dr Kelly worked)!!

You couldn't make it up.

Project coast:

en.wikipedia.org...

Dr Death aka Wouter Basson:

en.wikipedia.org...

Lovley world we live in isn't it?
Aren't our governments just fantastic...they work tirelessly to kill and maim foriegners,but will also kill their own if they don't stay on board sicko programs like the above.

Dr Kelly was murdered IMHO.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join