It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

rush limbaugh does it again

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
talk show host rush limbaugh again proves how immoral he is by trying to say that the picture of iraqi prisoners stack up is no worse than what u see at a britney spears or maddona concert he also agrees with another caller who says this was just like a college prank (goebels would be so proud)

full text
CALLER: It was like a college fraternity prank that stacked up naked men --

LIMBAUGH: Exactly. Exactly my point! This is no different than what happens at the Skull and Bones initiation and we're going to ruin people's lives over it and we're going to hamper our military effort, and then we are going to really hammer them because they had a good time. You know, these people are being fired at every day. I'm talking about people having a good time, these people, you ever heard of emotional release? You of heard of need to blow some steam off?

The day before, on his May 3 show, Limbaugh observed that the American troops who mistreated Iraqi prisoners of war were "babes" and that the pictures of the alleged abuse were no worse than "anything you'd see Madonna, or Britney Spears do on stage."

LIMBAUGH: And these American prisoners of war -- have you people noticed who the torturers are? Women! The babes! The babes are meting out the torture.

LIMBAUGH: You know, if you look at -- if you, really, if you look at these pictures, I mean, I don't know if it's just me, but it looks just like anything you'd see Madonna, or Britney Spears do on stage. Maybe I'm -- yeah. And get an NEA grant for something like this. I mean, this is something that you can see on stage at Lincoln Center from an NEA grant, maybe on Sex in the City -- the movie. I mean, I don't -- it's just me.

prisonplanet.tv...

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Limbaugh is an idiot. Am I surprised? Nope. I hope you're not. It was only a matter of time before he decided it wasn't torture, and that either A: It was a vast left wing conspiracy (to pseudo-quote Hillary) B: It wasn't all that bad, what are they complaining about, they do worse to us, so we should do worse to them
or C: The photos must have been doctored.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I would have to agree with "Limbaugh is an idiot" if, in fact, he said this.

Anyone who attempts to minimalize this is a great big fat idiot...period.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Anyone who attempts to minimalize this is a great big fat idiot...period.

No reason to attack fat people and big people. They aren't all like Rush

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Limbaugh is funding Nader.

Just thought i'd interject that

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling

Nerd, do we know this to be a fact?

For the record, how does anyone listen to Limbaugh and his attitude for more than a fw minutes? Whereever could his audience be?
I tried to listen to him several years back---boring.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Now that's shadey politics. Funding a guy who will pull votes away (most people who vote green would be democrat voters) from your competition.I can't believe Nader is taking the money, either. Guess in some people's minds, the ends justify the means

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Nerd, do we know this to be a fact?

For the record, how does anyone listen to Limbaugh and his attitude for more than a fw minutes? Whereever could his audience be?
I tried to listen to him several years back---boring.

Yes its a fact, i was informed about it today after a rather infuriated liberal informed me that bush was on 46% and kerry on 43% with Nader on 7%

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by Nerdling]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
He also said it was called "Heightening the contradiction" in Naders case, used by hitler and lenin...

Its basically making the bad guy win so the world situation becomes terrible and they gain massive amounts of votes, after all, people like Nader only win votes in dire situations.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
LIMBAUGH: Exactly. Exactly my point! This is no different than what happens at the Skull and Bones initiation and we're going to ruin people's lives over it
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
and then rush says" hell id love to be tied up by some hot army women and abused"
----------------------------------------------------------------------
LIMBAUGH: You know, if you look at -- if you, really, if you look at these pictures, I mean, I don't know if it's just me, but it looks just like anything you'd see Madonna, or Britney Spears do on stage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
and then rush says "Hell if theyd give those prisoners some oxycontin they wouldnt feel a thing and would probably enjoy it"!!!

prisonplanet.tv...

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
another thing worries me about this interview he says that its our babes doing it the babes are the ones doing the torturing
sorry but is he blind they are the ugliest b.....s i have ever seen sorry but they are real man hating ***** no wonder he has so much anger if he thinks thats a babe god his wife must be ugly

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by Banshee]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Rush is a great American because he talks intelligently (usually) about some very important topics. Let's face some facts; most Americans do NOT pay attention to what's going on in the world period, no matter their politics. Anyone who gets people interested in political activism is a good thing, it can't be bad. If you don't like him he gets you involved by focusing your anger and you get out there and get active.

Rush was a MAJOR (IMHO) factor in the Republican take-over of Congress.

Having said all that! I heard some of what he said today and I tend to think he was grossly minimizing what happened. Not because I think the acts were heinous (give me a break), but the fact that the political fall out is serious. That stupid female soldier should be held up on charges, as well as anyone associated with what happened. No one thinks it was right but, let's assume that some terror tactics in war are ok. Gloating about it and posing is another thing altogether. I am sure that in all wars, some troops took advantage of their power and did things they shouldn't have; now we have cameras and video cameras everywhere. Calling what happened "torture" may be stretching it in my eyes, and in the eyes of most Americans. Any of you computer people ever play in high school sports? Sometimes worse things happen in hazing. Wrong yes. Torture? Maybe. But, it isn't war either. Where you know people who died, because of the guy in front of you. Tends to make you less inclined to be civil...

Rush is a politico though, he is going to defend his people. Just like you left wing hacks defend all your people. ;p

Variable

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexipaul
stupid is as stupid does eh banshee

Don't get into a fight.

1. Use complaint button.
2. Shut up.
3. Talk to her or a supermod

Pick an option
this volatile thread doesnt need a fight.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable
Rush is a great American because he talks intelligently (usually)

ive never head him say anything that wasnt completely bigotted ,racist,sexist or just down right ignorant....being that most people are brain washed robots though ....i can sympathize with there hero Rush and his steadily declining loss of hearing....hes a brain washed pawn himself....some of the funniest things ive ever heard him say though was when he was totally wasted on oxycontin....ignorant but funny never the less.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   

"Rush is a great American because he talks intelligently (usually) about some very important topics. "

I can only concede that this moron does bring more activist attention from an apathetic people. Inteligent?

"let's assume that some terror tactics in war are ok."

Please, are you going to try to make moral arguments in favor of terror per. se.? I would love to hear you try.

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by scottsquared]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Please, are you going to try to make moral arguments in favor of terror per. se.? I would love to hear you try.

Well besides putting words in mouth and the usual tactic of the left of calling anyone who is effective and on the opposite political spectrum a "moron," you present a straw-man argument by asking me to prove something I didn't say.

Morals are whatever you to believe to be "right" and "wrong." That's what the word means. If your argument is that "torture" is immoral based on societal norms of the West, I would say, yes.
But, I would also present you with two caveats.

1. Moral beliefs can change, if the enemies of the West continue to use immoral acts against us, the chances of our morals to become looser becomes an almost certain fact. As an example, I present the current Israeli situation.
2. Your argument that what happened is "torture" is, imho, weak. Words mean things, and saying something is torture i.e. unbearable physical pain, extreme mental distress, acute suffering (the definition), and then seeing the blatantly immature photos doesn't jive so well, I think. They were certainly humiliating; even more so that Arab machismo is so high (look how they treat their women) and would be doubly offensive.

In war bad things happen. If I was a leader who knew that a person had knowledge in his head that would save the lives of my men, I might do to that person what could be considered immoral to get that information. Is it moral to let people die when you can stop it? Yes, I understand the slippery slope this presents; performing this act has repercussions.

An example of a moral dilemma, with some relevance to this argument.. My boy's are in elementary school, one of them was being picked on by a bully, he was afraid to fight back because it is against the school rules and he would get in trouble for fighting. He has been told by his teachers and the administrators that fighting back is wrong; that the other boy will be punished. But the problem continues. I told my son, that sometimes you have to do something, even though you know it isn't considered "right" to stop people from hurting you; you also have to be prepared to face the consequences of your actions. If fighting the bully stops the bully, then the end may indeed justify the means. I have no illusions about war; it is a nasty, dirty business that is best handled with overwhelming force and aggression, so that it ends as quickly as possible.
Don't be so naive to think that it is all chivalry and guided by the rules of conduct at all times.

Variable

[Edited on 5/6/2004 by Variable]

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Rush was a MAJOR (IMHO) factor in the Republican take-over of Congress.

This I do have to agree with. Rush is the most listened to radio personality in the world. PErsonally, I really don't like listening to him. He won't take calls from people who disagree with him, and he puts too much of a tilt on facts (so much so that I almost don't want to call them facts...) I am, as I'm sure many of you know, very right wing. Been called the "Religious Right" here on ATS on more then one occasion. But if I'm going to believe something, I'd prefer it be addressed, instead of spun.

...Which is why I listen to Hannity.

(Wait for Hannity and JJ flame....wait for it, should take about 5 minutes or so...
)

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

If I was a leader who knew that a person had knowledge in his head that would save the lives of my men, I might do to that person what could be considered immoral to get that information.

These are Iraqis we're talking about. Last time I checked, they weren't even a threat. It was a mistake. Why don't some people just admit it. We attacked them for BS reasons. Even if they had a nuclear warhead, they couldn't have launched it this far. They don't have the technology, yet. I sure am glad that Afghanistan is still our main concern, since that's where the real enemy is supposedly hiding.

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   

These are Iraqis we're talking about. Last time I checked, they weren't even a threat

This has to be the dumbest sentence I have heard in some time. I suggest you turn on the damn news.

Variable

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The Iraqi's where never a threat. They are a threat NOW because the U.S. is trying to kill them.

I posed this question earlier but somehow i deleted it .

If the Iraqi's left their country and went somewhere else would the U.S. follow them and keep trying to kill them, because they are such a threat?

Or would the U.S. declare victory and start drilling for oil.

I think we all know the answer.

P.S. fathead limbaugh and hannity are pop radio stars. Because they are average, they are not intelligent,they are not witty, they are not clever. They are very ordinary thats why they are pop stars.
They are like Brittany Spears, not the best singer, not the best dancer, not really much for any talented singer to be afraid of.
But she is a pop star because the majority of americans are average. Thats why its called pop. Its really an insult to be called a popular star.

[Edited on 6-5-2004 by ashley]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join