It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary was just a guy looking for ET. This witch hunt must end (and that's the man from NASA's view)

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I enjoyed this article, i just hope a few more prominent people join in with the support.

Would be nice if our politicians here did the same...or at least the ones that matter.

Gary McKinnon won backing yesterday from an unexpected source - an American whose job it was to protect the very computers that he breached.

Joseph Gutheinz spent ten years at the space exploration agency Nasa as a front-line criminal investigator with expertise in hacking.

He believes 43-year-old Gary 'did America a favour' by exposing the gaping holes in its security systems and called for a halt to the 'witch hunt' against him.

As news of the Daily Mail's campaign to halt Gary's extradition spread across the Atlantic, Mr Gutheinz added his voice in support.

Source: Gary was just a guy looking for ET. This witch hunt must end (and that's the man from NASA's view)

CX.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
imo this guy is a hero.in my mind.if he did found solid evidence about alien life or something then the whole world wouldn't care he hacked some crappy pcs over at nasa.they would linger on the fact he had found something,this paragraph summs it all for me

"'I believe that laws exist to be followed and when they are ignored anarchy follows. But here we have a guy who was looking for ET.

'His timing could not have been worse in the wake of 9/11 but you only need to take one look at his actions to realise he was not seeking the kind of information that, say, a Saudi spy was looking for. I can say in all honesty that I believe Gary McKinnon probably did as much good as he did harm by hacking in to these systems."

new topics

join