It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Sylvia Allen: Earth is 6,000 years old

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Yes my fellow ATSer's it is the year 2009 and people in the scientific community say we are on the verge of coming up with the unified theory of all the known forces in nature. That said our utter cumulative stupidity may best be expressed looking at the people, we've elected to lead us into this bright future. Here's an apt example.

Yes, people like her are our leaders.

Saddened, M.

Edit to add: Check a few posts down for additional entertainment value.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Manawydan]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Great post. People like this are an absolute gas.

They make me thankful that our jejune notions of "democracy" die a little more with each passing day. Just allowing these people to speak their minds, and giving them the stage on which to do it, is the best means of moving us toward a meritocracy and, eventually, a real unified Government.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Won`t comment but I`m pretty happy I don`t live in the USofA.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Mmmmm..... "Senate Retirement and Rural Development Commitee"

How very appropriate, looks like the crazy lady needs to be retired and put out to pasture!

Any public official who starts spouting religious dogma from within their political sphere needs to be removed from office immediately. The two things are incompatible. There again, both politics AND religion do seem to be full of nutjobs, liars and hypocrits, so maybe she is in the right place after all.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Mmmmm..... "Senate Retirement and Rural Development Commitee"

Ha ha. I originally wanted to touch upon that exact line, but figured, nah, noone's going to notice it. Nice catch

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
As far as I'm concerned, this is normal for elected officials. Stupidity. Ignorance.

Its funny, and we wonder why this country is going to the dumps.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Manawydan

I'm so glad we have such brilliant elected officials like her in office! Whatever would we do without them???

I gave you a star and flag.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Come to think of it, I'd pay good money, just to have Bill Hicks jump out from behind her and go: "One question! Dinosaur bones?" Am I wrong assuming the answer would be exactly as his punch line? I think not

For those who don't know the punch-line went: "God put them there to test our faith." To which Bill replied: "Dude, God put you here, to test My faith."

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
God bless Bill Hicks

Thanks for that!

Berth

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

she probably grew up in an environment not conducive to free thought and intellectual development.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Mwahahaha. This is just too funny to be true?! No seriously, where's the camera? Come one the gig is up.

Check out her biography on votesmart.org a perfect oxymoron if there ever was one. She is a member of the committee for Education Accountability and Reform.

I think I just blew my funny fuse on that one.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Only a politician could utter such nonsense. You gotta wonder and realize that this woman is probably not alone in her beliefs. I suppose people like her think that dinosaurs roamed the earth only about 3,000 years ago

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Let me guess without looking...she's a Republican.

Doesn't the GOP ever run anyone with half a working brain cell or would that disqualify them?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

I'm not a republican, but to be fair, I don't think Democrats are any smarter.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

she probably grew up in an environment not conducive to free thought and intellectual development.

Between Canada and Mexico?

Sorry, couldn`t resist ...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarmonkey

Compared to some of the people who get elected from the GOP the Democrats are brain surgeons...but its true they have their share of idiots as well...just not as many or as loud.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I am really suprised no one has come around yet, thumping their bible and agreeing with her and telling us that we will see in that day, that sweet by and by. I'm sure there are many ATS'ers that think this is true, le sigh.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

Well I am still a Roman Catholic myself so I could pick a nasty fight with myself, which should be a funny episode in and of itself.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Never heard of this woman before and I'm sure I will never hear about her again. I doubt any of you have ever heard of her either.

Based on that I have to ask.

Who cares?

Why was this even considered to be a political issue?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

While my original reply was to be "You can't be serious", I came to the conclusion that you describe the problem as I see it rather well. The fact that noone cares as you put it is exactly why people like that get to become out leaders.

Granted, there are people who have never herd of Sylvia Allen, and yet she's a public official, a senator even. Goes to show all of us should take better care in regards to who we let lead us.

Kind regards, m.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join