It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Obama: House Considers Repealing 22nd Amendment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
First of all, here is the link to the article:
King Obama: House Considers Repealing 22nd Amendment

Secondly, here is a link to the bill:
www.opencongress.org...

H.J. Resolution 5, a bill introduced to extend the Presidential term in office, remains on the table for the House of Representatives. Proposed by Rep. Jose Serrano (D-N.Y.), the bill would repeal the 22nd Amendment, which gives any given President a total of two terms before moving on.

What is going on here?
This is some scary stuff man. I was under the impression that in order to Amend the Constitution, the states had to vote on it. Now Congress can just pass a bill and thats it.

All hail the Messiah, Obama: He is King & God!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Sorry, I just found a similar article here on ATS.

Here it is:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
How reliable is this source ?

That would cripple America beyond recovery if this SOB gets an additional four years.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by disfugured]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by disfugured

It's worse than that. If this bill does pass correctly, it would not only give him access to another term, but it would allow him to run indefinetly so long as he was able.

That would make him somewhat like Vladmir Putin, he could give up his position in office, yet still make all the decisions.

Very scary stuff.

~Keeper

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This is a direct violation of the constitution...The entire reason the 22nd amendment was thier, is so america would NEVR havea dictator..like the king of england for example. I am suprised BUSH didnt get this to go through.... VERY shocked. I guess he wnated his predecesor..aka obma to have it.
This is what adolf hitler would have done..chevez as well...i dont think they can or will releall it, cause it will cause such and uproar to the public..the public would literally be up in arms...unless we have become that desensitized......
If this goes through,,. obama is NOT an american citizen...this would be proof of it. EVery preisdent agrees and knows the term of 8 years,a nd they know the only way to stay in office, is if someting drasitc would happen..nuclear war. The day america dies, is the day the 22nd amendent is repealed,a nd america becomes nazi germany

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
isn't this brought up in some fashion whenever a new president is elected? I remember threads saying bush was gonna do this same thing. all nonsense.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
But its in our best interest! He wants to do it so he can save us from everything that is happening.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Yetichi

Pretty much. Just about every new president lately has had some bill go before congress to try and abolish the term limits of the POTUS. They never work out as it would take a new amendment to the constitution in order to abolish the previous one.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I agree, there is no chance that this bill will ever see the light of day.
But hey, they have to try! I give them an A for effort.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Itshappeneing, becuae they, the fed are in on it, and we are the slaves.sheeple. The very foundation and principale the country was founded on, by our forefatehrs, was witht he 22nd amendemnt, so if someone was in office to long, they woulndt start getting all greedy, money hungry, stalin like--executing its own citizens all over wheat and bread. Obaam is not here to save us..he is here to sell us up the river..is what it seems to be heading towards. Well, dwon the river, i think is the correct terminology.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
And the odds of this ever happening? But it's a good chance for everyone to freak out and incoherently scream and cry about Obama which seems to be the only thing this site has become.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Wow the Obama is going to be a dictator threads showed up fast.

Before you start getting your panties in a bunch do a search of Bush is going to be our last president.

That should calm you folks down for atleast a few weeks.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
i see this easily happening.....everyone was scared bush would stay in there forever.....looks like obama and the clintons want to stay in there....as long as obama is in so is the clintons.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
This will not happen what so ever. one it is highly unconstitutional, two this would need a unanimous vote in Congress which will not happen. three like stated there would be an uproar, no one would sit quietly and go with this no matter how much you think they are sheeple.

I do not know what else is in the proposed bill, but food for thought, ever think that this is thrown into a bill so that they make sure the bill does not get passed? There could be all good things in the bill but then you throw this wrench in it and wallah it does not pass.

[edit on 9-7-2009 by I think Im normal]

top topics

join