It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Australia, March 2003, See UFO on News?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Hello Peeps,

Back in 2003, I was living in Sydney, Australia. I wasn't working at the time so managed to catch a fair bit TV during the day.

One day, at mid-day if I recall correctly I was watching the 5 minute news update on the hour, when I was left dumb struck. I can't remember what channel I was watching, might have been Channel 7, but they had breaking news of a UFO been filmed by multiply witnesses "somewhere" they did say, but can't remember. Something tells me S. America, but not 100%.

Now the thing that got me about this clip is you see a group of people all looking up at this thing partly breaking through the clouds, kind of like Independence Day. The camera man zooms up, zooms back and you can see other people in the group also filming this. I remember them saying that it had just been in that position for around 20 minutes.

When I saw this clip I finally thought "Yes, here's the evidence!". I was excited to see my friends reaction when they came in from work. My friends came home and I put the news on, watched all of it, and not a mention of the UFO... The next day nothing.. I emailed the TV station asking about the clip, nothing.

A couple of years later I tried to find it again, so I contacted a couple of Australian news channels and received nothing back. I contacted a few Australian UFO groups, a couple replied saying they thought they knew what I was talking about, but didn't have the clip.

This was the most astonishing clip I've ever seen, and seems odd that it vanished without a trace after being broadcast on TV.

I've endlessly searched on UFO websites and YouTube.com, but not a sausage.

Does anyone know of the clip I'm talking about, or did you see it?

This has been frustrating me for years!

Cheers,

D

[edit spelling]

[edit on 7-7-2009 by dsm1664]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
clutching at straws here - never heard of it but if you can try and remember some more details Im sure someone will know...

also, if you know the station they showed it on maybe you could use wayback archive to see if its on there....

www.archive.org...

this site is a blessing if the site you want has been archived...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
did a google search with info you provided and found this...

UFOs SPOTTED IN COLOMBIA AND BRAZIL According to Colombian ufologist Edgar Arce, on Monday, March 17, 2003, during a UFO watch sponsored by the group Contacto OVNI, "eighty witnesses were present and saw several orange-colored UFOs hovering and performing aerial maneuvers over Mount Juaica, in the Tabio region near the city of Cundinamarca." "Two days earlier, on Saturday, March 15, 2003, between 10:45 p.m. and mdnight, the witnesses had seen orange lights in the distance, which later seemed to dim in intensity. Then, minutes later, they observed small red and blue lights flying up from the ground into space for a period of 10 minutes." And, in Brazil, "daylight UFOs were photographed as they flew over Ilha Porchat (island) and later Ilha Urubuqueraba (island) in the South Atlantic." The islands are just offshore from Santos, the main seaport of Sao Paulo state. "These objects were of a spherical shape, colored silver, and had small interior lights." (The Colombia report appeared in NotiOVNI for April 6, 2003. Muchas gracias a Daniel Munoz para esas noticias. Por o caso do Brasil, muito obrigado a Pedro Teixeira.)

Link

[edit on 7/7/2009 by booda]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
more video links...

video.google.com... ab=wv#

I searched for 2003 but its given me results for 2008....

baah...

[edit on 7/7/2009 by booda]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Thanks Booda, but not the one...

Here's a mock-up of how the clip looked. Remember this is only a rough guide to how i remember it looking.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
hey mate... im in syd australia aswell,was then also. i do remember that story to but had totally forgot till you said something. i'll try and find some info if i can.
happy hunting.....

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Truespirit82

Thanks, any info you find would be great. I'm determined to find out about this once and for all.

It was one of those moment that I thought would change everything....then nothing.

If it was a fake/hoax, so be it...just want to get to the bottom of this.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
All these people on ATS, and not a sausage.

Come on guys, someone must know something about this, I can't have been the only one that saw this video?

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The people are looking in another direction.
How could they miss the enormous black cloud.

If not a rain cloud perhaps and ion cloud that only shows up
in photos sensitive to those wavelengths.

People get a grip and learn some atomic science.

How the ion cloud got there is up to you but I theorize Tesla
craft might be doing this sort of thing, as always.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

Racking my brain, and looking at old tapes with "today tonite" on them... nothing yet.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

Wow dude. Did you not read his post that the picture is a mock-up? Meaning it isn't real. It's images pasted together to give you a representation of how he remembers the images he saw on television.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oreyeon

Wow dude. Did you not read his post that the picture is a mock-up? Meaning it isn't real. It's images pasted together to give you a representation of how he remembers the images he saw on television.

So he says that is what we are looking for.
Yeah I know, so what doe HE say.

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I'll have 3 of whatever you're taking.

It's actually the spaceship from Independence Day, with random photos from the web along with a nice backdrop... Very rough recreation...

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If anyone actually thinks my mock up is real, then I just might be the next Billy Mier!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

as convincing as your pic is! i have to say FAKE, i can tell its photoshopped, from the pixels i have seen many photoshops in my time...
* tongue in cheek*

But seriously, Ive been looking through videos, and searching the regular places, and alas have come up empty, Is there any more info you can remember at all? :3

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by KoraX

Only that it was in March 2003, with a slight possibility of being in February. Shown around mid-day as breaking news on the hour, but then not shown again...

I have the clip in my head, and it looked so real. The people seemed to be quite high up, like part of a mountain, very grey and cloudy day. I remember the reporter saying that it's been in the sky for at least 20 mins. The tape shown was from one of the people there, and when it panned to the right you could see at least a handful of people a couple with camera pointing and filming it. You cloud CLEARLY see an object partially breaking through the clouds, with an orangish glow at the bottom...straight out of the film Independence Day.

I honestly thought, thats it, that's the clip that will make TPTB admit or at least acknowledge it.

[spellings/grammer etc etc]

[edit on 9-7-2009 by dsm1664]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

Hmm, well you have my interest peaked, but I swear, if you have dreamed this, know that I could be playing COD4 instead of hunting

Back to google for me. =D

*edit*
It wasn't in Hong Kong by chance?

Hmmm or prehaps Peru?

[edit on 9-7-2009 by KoraX]

[edit on 9-7-2009 by KoraX]

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I thought you said it was a re creation of something real.
Thanks for nothing.
Cause that's what your recreation is, nothing.

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by KoraX

Thanks for having for taking your time to look!

No luck with those clips, not the ones. But thanks!

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   

I thought you said it was a re creation of something real.
Thanks for nothing.
Cause that's what your recreation is, nothing.

It is a recreation of something that I saw on TV, a clip of a UFO filmed by a witnesss shown on the news...

I'm not sure what your issue is?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join