It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unveiling for 7th July Memorial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Unveiling for 7th July Memorial

http

A £1m permanent memorial to the victims of the 7 July 2005 London bombings is to be unveiled in the city's Hyde Park.

Fifty-two people were killed and hundreds more injured when suicide bombers detonated backpacks on board three Underground trains and a bus.

Relatives who have seen the 52, 3.5m (11.5ft) tall stainless steel pillars - grouped to represent the attack sites - say they form a "fitting tribute".

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Laurauk]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:47 AM
link   
This brings backmemories of what happened on the 7th July, whicle the memorial might not be massive. I think it is fitting tribute, to those whom died, as a result of people who wanted to change our way of lifes in the UK.

I for one would love to go down to Hyde Park in London and see this tribute for myself.

Looks absolutely fantastic, also the tibute has th names of all 52 people on it.

http
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Thanks Laura for reminding people that today is the anniversary of those awful events.

In memorium of those who died.

Lest we forget.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Your are very welcome Freeborn.

I noticed the article, and thought well why not post this. I do hope they show the unvieling of this tribute on the TV.

Knows alot of the tv today will be taken up with the Tributes to MJ, and his funeral. Nothing against the dude or anything. Would rather they show this unvieling of the Monument to the victims off 7/7.

Prince Charle and the Duchess of Cornwall will be there also, alongside the families of those killed.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

It is live on Sky News and more suprisingly BBC News now.

I hope they give it prominence on the news updates throughout the day.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
R.I.P

May something like this never happen again.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Goodness being a Londoner today brings back all the memories of 2005, The shock the panic and the dread that family may be caught up in it all,

I will be heading to Hyde park this weekend to pay my own tribute to those who lost there lives,

Also remember those who survived that day, Many of those lost limbs and struggle still to this day,

My thoughts are with them all,

top topics

join