It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Keel, UFO and Fortean author has died

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
may his soul be rested.an admirable man

link

more info

[edit on 7-7-2009 by IMSAM]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
A truly tragical loss. Had the pleasure of meeting the man and having a correspondence with him. He was both a gifted researcher and a first rate human being. Of all the recent high profile deaths, this is the only one that has brought tears to my eyes.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I had heard his name but have not read any of his works. It would be nice if someone could compile his work and post a link here, would make interesting reading.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
A real shame this,saw him at a few lectures in the 90`s,
was always well researched.
RIP Mr Keel

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
RIP Mr. Keel.

Always thought provoking. To anyone unfamiliar with his works I would recommend 'Our Haunted Planet' as an introductory work.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Sad news. the first book i ever read on UFOs was Operation Trojan Horse, still one of the best ever written.

RIP John

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Oh wow...I read The Mothman Prophecies around a month ago - far more entertaining than the movie

rest in peace

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
below is a link about jacque vallee speaking about Keel

click

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IMSAM

I am saddened by the death of John A. Keel. He truly was a long-time hero of mine in this strange field of ufology. He was a unique author and a maverick researcher. In the late 1960's, I became fascinated with Keel's unique theories on UFOs.

He was definitely one of my two greatest heroes in this strange field of "ufology", the other one being Dr. Jacques Vallee who seems to be doing well but has not been in the public limelight lately as far as his research activities are concerned.

There is no doubt in my mind that John A. Keel had a tremendous impact on Dr. Allen Hynek as well as on Dr. Jacques Vallee.

It was late in the 70's that I began to re-evaluate the works of John A. Keel and began to formulate my current thinking on the entire UFO phenomena. Keel's UFOs, OPERATION TROJAN HORSE as well as his THE EIGHTH TOWER deeply affected my thoughts on ufology. It remains so even to this day.

John A. Keel was one of the first to bring up the "ultraterrestrial" concept of the origins of this phenomenon, abandoning the so-called physical "nuts-and-bolts" ET hypothesis approach to UFO research. In fact, Keel became quite controversial when he stated that "ufology" is a misnomer and that it should be categorized as "demonology".

www.myspace.com...

top topics

join