It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel’s war crimes not “collateral damage”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Israel has been commiting war crimes in Gaza against the Palestinians for many years now. It is now an open secret that this is being done. The latest denial from the Israeli govt is nothing new. Children were held as human shields and innocent civilians were kidnapped and tortured. This has to be collateral damage.

Israel sought to defend itself Thursday against the latest accusations by a major international organization that it committed war crimes against people in Gaza, claiming that the Islamist group Hamas manipulated the group responsible for the most recent report.

The Israel Defense Force (IDF) refuted the accusations and claimed Amnesty had succumbed to the “manipulations of the Hamas terror organization.”

Source: rinf.com...

They now accuse the Amnesty of succumbing to Hamas.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny

Because anyone who questions Israel is a terrorist.

Oh, and don't forget, we're all anti-semites too. I guess that makes me a self-hating Jew.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

Because anyone who questions Israel is a terrorist.

Yes I agree and it is the US that never questions Israel. We had hoped that Obama would change all that, but....never mind.

Israel without US support is nothing in this geo-political world. I would say 70% of Israeli media attention is focussed on Iran (dont ask me to justify these numbers), whereas Palestinians are suffering in their 'own' country

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Well, it is true. Amnesty International's agenda is well known that they focus primarily on denouncing Israel through law rhetoric. Bringing attention to human rights is only a second modus operandi. Look at Human Rights Watch, they just got a ton of funding from Saudi Arabia, and how is their human rights record? You just can't trust NGOs anymore since they now have their own ideological agendas.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Star, flag, and bump! Excellent topic. Things in this world need to settle down, and that means Zion needs to settle down. The Brits gave them someone elses home, and that was wrong. After the six day war Israel has been on the march ever since taking, taking, and murdering. I was looking at an animated turn of the century map of Palestine, to Present Day. The takeover of Zionism looks like cancer growing. I guess I'll join the rites of self hating Jews........ But as the Zohan says, I've got C*sh for the............ha ha ha ha.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Interestingly, it was actually the Sick Man of Europe that gave them some land. Yes, that's right, the Ottoman Empire sold the early Zionists parcels of land where they set up kibbutz and the British merely carried it further. That's right, if you're going to blame anyone, its nobody's business but the Turks!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dnevnoi

Gotcha! Okay didn't know that until now. I was right with the Brits though. Carrying a wrong further doesn't make it a right. Just like the Turks killing...I mean genociding all those Armenians. Seems they didn't help anyone.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Yes I agree and it is the US that never questions Israel. We had hoped that Obama would change all that, but....never mind.

Israel without US support is nothing in this geo-political world. I would say 70% of Israeli media attention is focussed on Iran (dont ask me to justify these numbers), whereas Palestinians are suffering in their 'own' country

Yeah OK..

We'll just take your word for it.

Telling Israel No: Obama's Bold Move

PARIS — President Barack Obama, who vowed to revive the Arab-Israeli peace process at the start of his term, has begun with a direct and public challenge to Israel’s latest plan to build new settlements in East Jerusalem.

It’s a risky move that has already provoked a sharp rebuke from Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. But it is hard to see how the peace process could move forward if Washington had remained silent.

Mr. Obama picked a small but symbolic issue, a 20-unit housing project on the site of the former Shepherd Hotel, sparking a full-blown diplomatic standoff. Just days after the United States objected to the project, the European Union, Russia and France did the same.

Tough on Israel

Thursday, July 30, 2009

ONE OF THE MORE striking results of the Obama administration's first six months is that only one country has worse relations with the United States than it did in January: Israel. The new administration has pushed a reset button with Russia and sent new ambassadors to Syria and Venezuela; it has offered olive branches to Cuba and Burma. But for nearly three months it has been locked in a public confrontation with Israel over Jewish housing construction in Jerusalem and the West Bank. To a less visible extent, the two governments also have differed over policy toward Iran.

new topics

top topics

join