It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: Locating previous posts??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Hello,

I've been lurking here for a while, but have just recently started posting a bit more. I was curious as to whether or not there's a "quick n' easy" way to locate my recent and/or previous posts in order to find out if anybody has responded.

I've done a bit of searching and found a list of my previous posts, which excited me at first, but then I quickly realized that when I click on the link to my post, it singles it out. I then have no way of seeing the following responses.

I guess I could always write the page down that my posts fall on, and then just refer back to that in order to check for responses. I was just hoping there was an easier way to "jump" straight to my previous posts without omitting the rest of the thread.

Any help would be grealy appreciated.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

If you take a look at the buttons near the top of this page, you'll see one that has a dark blue background with some letters in light blue, which says "MyATS"

Click on that and you should see, on the right hand side, a list of all your recent threads that you have created or responded to.

You'll see the thread name, then a little square box, then the name of the last poster. Click the name of thread to read from beginning, click the small square box to read the last post in that thread.

Alternatively you can click on a similarly blue button at top of page that says "member tools"
A 'pop-up' list will appear and then you click on "public Profile"
This takes you to 'your' info page.

Below where it says "Extended Info For ... " you'll see "PROFILE" "[posts]" and "[threads]" ... check those links out.. You'll also find a list of threads running down the right side of your profile page too...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
but can we get directly to our most recent post in a certain thread without it being just that post.. meaning.. our most recent post.. in the actual thread itself?

this is one thing that really bugs me about ATS.

-

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Thank you very much Extralien. I learned some really neat things I didn't know about by reading your response. Much appreciated, though my specific question was more on par with:

Originally posted by prevenge
but can we get directly to our most recent post in a certain thread without it being just that post.. meaning.. our most recent post.. in the actual thread itself?

this is one thing that really bugs me about ATS.

-

Once again, thank you.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Was chasing the answer to those questions

Seems the replies in this thread are about the best we can get at the moment...

I sometimes find that when i use the 'last post' box that it roughly takes me somewhere near my last posts anyway.. don't always happen but it is helpful sometimes.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
i feel the same way, you should be able to filter it so it starts at your last post...

really makes me not want to post here. many times i post stuff, never able to find in in the threads later on.

im members of many forums for decades , this one is the most non-userfriendly..

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Yeah, if any mods see this, can we request that the webmasters look into providing this feature? Many other forums have it, so it can't be too difficult to implement. Also, if any other members are willing to turn this into a suggestion thread, I'm sure that would help. If no one else does, I'll toss one up tommorow.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

Hi! Looks like you beat me to it.... I was just about to start a thread with exactly the same issues as you coz like you say it takes a while to go through all the pages sometimes to see who has responed to your post so you can then respond back....

posted on Jul, 10 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Flagged. Thankyou, OP.
I wondered if it was just me being stupid or if my phone browser didn't support the feature or something. I agree it would be very handy.

top topics

join