It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Companies start planning for flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
The company I work for is putting together a contigency plan for the possibility of the swine flu getting more serious in the autumn.
I now know several people who have or have had this flu and people seem to be waking up slowly to the potential this flu has for at least mass disruption. (Obviously i still hope it fizzles out but looking at its spread I think this is becoming more and more unlikely)

Found this link from the CBI in UK
www.guardian.co.uk...
It calculated that if the pandemic were to last six months, world GDP could be cut by £1.5tn - or 3.5% of GDP for 2009. The eurozone and the UK could lose 3% of GDP
A spokesman for British Airways said: "We have had a pandemic flu planning group running for the last few years, who have been tasked with contingency planning in the event of an outbreak."
Marks & Spencer has set up a "pandemic working party
Tesco, which employs 468,000 staff in 4,300 stores worldwide - including 2,300 UK shops - said it has "a robust plan"

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
In the last few weeks both British Airways and British Telecom have discussed with staff having time off unpaid for months at a time.

I wonder if these large businesses have the flu spread through their premises then they will have well and rested staff from outside the work environment to take over.

join