It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Will We Learn?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Today is the 7th.

As most of you know a crop circle predicted a solar storm..that would actually take place today. However, two hours into the day nothing has taken place.

Many crop circles are claimed to be man made....many of those aren't that satisfying to look at or evening convincing. However, there are some that are..such as the crop circle below:

This took what, 9 days to make? Did it take 9 days for aliens to make this crop or did it take 9 days for human beings to make? I guess we'll figure out eventually. (you'd think visitors would actually get it done in ONE)

But I guess the important question is: are these predictions ever going to end? From Y2K to the Blossom Goodchild, so many expectations of doom and gloom proven to be nothing but overhyped fear mongering. Meanwhile, a lot of individuals have become wealthy from these events.

The next big date: 2012.

Solar Storms
War
Plague
NWO take over
Alien take over
What's going to happen?

So far, there's already a Hollywood film on the topic. There are numerous books written. News stations already striking fear down our throats with it. Just imagine when 2011 hits. We're going to get raped with the end of this, the end of that, the end of such and such.

Should we prepare for the worst or learn from these previous doom filled predictions..and realize they're all just giant scams?

No matter what, somebody's going to make a buck.

Off topic but I also think it's absolutely fantastic there's a website out there that allows us to discuss these predictions and theories. Even if nothing happens today or when 2012 comes, I won't care. There are few sites that actually teach you how to think and use your imagination. ATS has done much more...

Thank you ATS for giving us the chance(s) to debate, discuss, flame(lol) and put our minds together to debunk many conspiracy theories. And at times, prove that some things aren't as they seem.

I guess what I'm hoping to discuss here is: What're you going to do if nothing happens today/should we learn from these previous false predictions and not worry about 2012/or actually treat 2012 as the real deal?

~GHL

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
excuse me, but when crop circles make predictions and we guess at what they mean, those things will happen!

im just stunned by the gullibility of some people.

i was and still am wondering how they will "reason" their way out of this one.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
If nothing happens today, then I will be happy, a solar flare is not something I particularly want to witness. If it does happen, I suppose I'll play it by ear, judge the situation when it comes... not before. It never hurts to be prepared, but I think one can only judge what actions one must take when in the situation.

As far as 2012, humans will could become a huge symptom of the doom and gloom we're given so much of. We might destroy ourselves because of all these prophecies and doom & gloom coming from the media surrounding the date, when nothing may not even happen. Just my 2 cents, I guarantee regardless it will be an interesting year.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
as long as books are sold,tv shows being made,sites have traffic,radio shows are hosted then after 2012 we will surely have some other date to eagerly wait.its all about money.if there are buyers there will be sellers.2012 sells now and people are buying like crazy.profit is being made.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by asmall89

As far as 2012, humans will could become a huge symptom of the doom and gloom we're given so much of. We might destroy ourselves because of all these prophecies and doom & gloom coming from the media surrounding the date, when nothing may not even happen. Just my 2 cents, I guarantee regardless it will be an interesting year.

Someone who used to talk about 2012 a lot was Terrence McKenna, and what he also used to talk about was self-fulfilling prophecies. If you ask me, there are two ways prophecies can become true: 1) by chance 2) when people get excited about the prophecy, it becomes a force in the collective unconscious that gradually makes itself come to pass. I wouldn't be too surprised if something happened, but it would be caused by people.

Also, one of the things that make people think 2012 is significant in the first place, the Mayan prophecies, are not saying that it will be an end of the world, as surely many of you know. There will be a new era starting 2012 with perhaps a shift to a higher consciousness, with humans becoming "rainbow people" (I hope it' won't be as gay as it sounds).

What McKenna thought about it was that in 2012 time travel will be discovered, and linear time will cease to exist, as anyone will be able to travel to any time that is after that moment (he thinks you're only able to travel in time as far back as there are time machines in existence, so that's why we don't see time travellers). Well, that could also be the case..

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
When I was in school many years back, there was a time when our art teacher used to bring paintings from famous artists to his lessons and we had to interpret them. Every single classmate interpreted them in a different way. Our teacher never told us you`re right and you`re wrong. I was blown away by the imagination some of my classmates had. And how much more can be in paintings besides what meets the eye. But after all it`s only an interpretation of someone. I would be really surprised if there is a solar flare today.
The thing with 2012 and the Mayan calendar is, to me it is just a circle, a beautiful one. But only a circle, and circles doesn`t end.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by cnuum

No it will be
umm...won't be
erm...wasn't
isn't?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

If nothing happens today, then I will be happy, a solar flare is not something I particularly want to witness.

Good grief... they happen all the time

I am assuming you are older than 4 yes? I mean I'm just guessing...

Well on Dec. 5, 2006 we had a big one... X9 on the scale looked like part of the sun blew off and created a huge solar tsunami... (really kewl video of that )

Here is what it looked like

Solar Flare Surprise
www.nasa.gov...

Well did you notice what happened on Earth a few days later?

Hmmm

OH and just to scare your diapers off...

Here is the Earth compared to a solar flare

[edit on 7-7-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
"If you ask me, there are two ways prophecies can become true: 1) by chance 2) when people get excited about the prophecy, it becomes a force in the collective unconscious that gradually makes itself come to pass. I wouldn't be too surprised if something happened, but it would be caused by people."

The second point is one that really interests me. It ties into alot of things that seem peculiar. If (I say that because I have no proof) the concept of collective conciousness effects the outcome of events, or even individual conscience having a pull or push effect to some cosmic creation ability, that would (explitive)'ing rock. Seriously. Think about it.

If we found collective conscience of our races of people to effect the outcomes of life on this planet, we'd have the ability to do the opposite of destroy ourselves. (as well as the ability to destroy ourselves) If the idea of collective conscience having an impact on fate/destiny/life/technology/disease/ect. is in actual reality a fact, that would explain current events of hardship/turmoil/death/miscommunication. Meaning, it's already in use.

as above, so below. or so they say.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by mynameisjuan]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Today's Space Weather
Updated 2009 July 7 07:35 UTC

3-day Solar-Geophysical Forecast issued Jul 06 22:00 UTC

Solar Activity Forecast: Solar activity is expected to be very low with a chance for an isolated C-class flare.

Geophysical Activity Forecast: Geomagnetic field activity is expected to be at quiet levels during days 1 - 2 (07 - 08 July). Activity is expected to increase to quiet to unsettled levels on day 3 (09 July) due to an increase in solar wind velocities associated with a favorably positioned coronal hole.

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

3 day forecast...

www.swpc.noaa.gov...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
It was an interpritation not a prediction. Unless crop circles can talk.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mynameisjuan

If we found collective conscience of our races of people to effect the outcomes of life on this planet, we'd have the ability to do the opposite of destroy ourselves. (as well as the ability to destroy ourselves) If the idea of collective conscience having an impact on fate/destiny/life/technology/disease/ect. is in actual reality a fact, that would explain current events of hardship/turmoil/death/miscommunication. Meaning, it's already in use.

The most simple and uncontroversial way of thinking about the collective unconscious is that once a new idea is born, it may become known to most people in a certain community or even world wide, and so becomes part of their collective unconscious. In this way we could say that during the last 2000 years Christianity has become part of the collective unconscious of the western world, so that when someone sees a cross, for example, they'll think of Jesus etc. In this meaning it could also be just called common knowledge. So this way its obvious that our common knowledge has clear effects on what we do. But it can also be less obvious, as would be the case with some stranger self-fulfilling prophecies like the 2012 one. So many seem to take it as a catastrophic event that it has a potential of being fulfilled a bit messily. I'm hoping that aspect turns out to be just another eschatological cult.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by cnuum

are you familiar with the 100 monkey concept? your post reminded me of that.

the concepts of collective unconscious intrigue me.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
wow...what I don't get is if aliens wanted to tell us something and if they are so advanced, why wouldn't they just learn earths common languages and write it in READABLE HUGE sentences in the languages of the countries they are communicating to???? why only in England mostly???

I have seen ufo's close enough to know they are real...man made??? NO idea.

Crop circles however, I was mezmerized at first, yet the whole mystery and interpretation thing just started to seem illogical to me...

Is it so hard to copy the human's langueages if they really wanted to communicate??

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I was thinking the exact thing. If these aliens are so advanced why can't they put a crop circle in english or hell even spanish. Why do they have to make so many glyphs that can't be figured out. We all know if they finally do make contact it will be in our own language because whats the point of making contact if they only come here to speak their tongue........

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
How serious would people take a crop circle if it left a message in plain English (or French or whatever)? I'm pretty certain it wouldn't take much for a group of people to write out a sentance, without requiring any experience of crop-circling beforehand. The fact that these circles are incredibly detailed and appear almost 'perfect' is what makes people question its origin and look further into it.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by JennyJen]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

pretty much my thought. we're so fascinated and obsessed with the doom prophecies, what if it just ends up in self destruction?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
No, they are not.

People on ATS make the same mistake over and over again. On one side we have people that simply do not check backgrounds of a story like abduction or UFO sightings or theories on aliens.This causes lots of stories that are generally based upon knowledge taht is on itself based upon other knowledge that isn't proven and just an assumption. (as we all know, assumption is the mother of all *&@^#(@&*# )

On the other side we have loads of what if scenario's of dreamers. What if aliens would land tomorrow, what if 2012 means the end, what if a giant roach named bill would eat my lunch tomorrow. Useless speculative dreaming with no foundation.

Such things make a source like ATS extremely contaminated with irelevant information and unintended misinformation.
People on ATS are not going to learn this for a very simple reason, they want to share their fantasyviews on the subject far to much. It is that same positioning that makes the very field of UFO study difficult to be accepted mainstream. People view us as mental nutcases with tin-hats on our head because we claim greys, slaved by reptillions want to hump our women to create a halfbread of mankind to wipe us out. Simple as that, period.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
pretty much my thought. we're so fascinated and obsessed with the doom prophecies, what if it just ends up in self destruction?

There have been doom and gloom merchants since Jesus left this planet. Every time one deadline passes we have a new one. Gloom and Doomers are failed miserable souls that have no life and would rather waste what they have trying to make others miserable

2012 will pass just as did 2000....

You remember Nostradamus? He was the reason we pointed to 2000 because he wrote NOTHING past 1999...

Now google Nostradamus... a whole new set of predictions good till what 3535ish? I wonder how he managed that one

The Nibiru crowd keeps saying 2012 is when Nibiru returns... that is how it got attached to the Mayan calendar in the first place...

Yet Sitchin, who gave us Nibiru, says it won't be back till 2900 AD

Galactic 'alignment? Many think it means we will be alighned in the plane of the Galaxy... yet we crossed that plane 2 million years ago, are out 50 light years above the plane and moving out to 250 LY before we swing back the other way.

There is an astrological alignment when the sun will be in position to block our view of the center of the galaxy but that hardly means we will all be forced to ascend...

Nassim Haramein was convinced the Comet NEAT 2003 was Nibiru... the Zeta people believed it and many supporters are pissed because they sold out everything and quit jobs to buy a bunker

The Heavan's Gat people were convinced that their comet was a 'Ship of Light' but they had to hitch a ride while in soul state... so drank the koolaide

Well maybe they were right
After I saw the explosion on Temple 1 created by NASA, maybe they took out one of these 'Ships of Light' Seems the scientists didn't know what happened... it was supposed to be a ball of ice...

Crop Circles as messages? Why not just tap into out TV network, a really easy thing to do, and interrupt the news at eleven

top topics

join