It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robot invented to crawl through veins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Robot invented to crawl through veins

www.theinquirer.net

SCIENTISTS FROM Israel's Technion University have unveiled a tiny robot, made using Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS) technology, purportedly able to crawl through a person's veins in order to diagnose and potentially treat artery blockage and cancer.

The little robot - with a diameter of just one millimeter - has neither engine nor onboard controls, instead being propelled forward by a magnetic field wielded on it from outside the patient's body.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The possibilities are endless regarding the use of the little robot especially considering that it does not have an on-board power supply. Having the external power supply helps with making the robot smaller and more agile.

Awesome!
In a few years time, instead of people having to get heart bypasses, perhaps this little robot will be able to get rid of the blockage without having to cut the patients chest open.

www.theinquirer.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Yes, this is a big advancement. I also wonder what kind of "other" applications that this my be used for, especially in the intelligence field. Only time will tell.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Great potential for fixing some serious problems. But also keep this in mind, that same technology can also harm you.

Imagine that same little guy who's supposed to be unclogging your veins, is instead slicing them open because you were about to spill some serious beans, or are a witness to something etc.

I'm not trying to fear monger, never am, just trying to keep things in perspective so others don't get set up with a great medical device and a wonderful assassination tool.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Genus

Imagine that same little guy who's supposed to be unclogging your veins, is instead slicing them open because you were about to spill some serious beans, or are a witness to something etc.

How is this mutually exclusive to intravenous robots?

You might as well say "Imagine the same little guy who's supposed to be driving his car to work, is instead driving it over you because you were about to spill some serious beans ...

edit: speaking of assassination tools, should we outlaw sniper rifles?

[edit on 7-7-2009 by trace_the_truth]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Genus

At the cost of one of those robots and support system, would not a bullet or car accident be more practical?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by WhatTheory

Yes, this is a big advancement. I also wonder what kind of "other" applications that this my be used for, especially in the intelligence field. Only time will tell.

That time is well past I'm afraid. As a targeted individual, I've had nano-tech used on me for quite some time now. So far it's been relatively minor symptoms that mimic tendonitis or sore muscles. There's no doubt in my mind that this tech can be used to feign a stroke or some such. The gov typically has tech that is 50 years beyond what the public sees.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
What you guys say does make sense, as they do use cars and the like already for that purpose. But with this, there is no fear of getting caught when a sniper or car driver can be.

I have no doubt that such nano tech already exists, it's probably out-dated or we wouldn't have it.

Remember, the military had high tech laptop computers over a decade before they were released to the public.

Morel of the post? How to convince citizens to kill themselves since the vaccines out of the bag.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
dont get the swine flu shot this fall.

new topics

top topics

join