It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Power of Music (If you had to pick 1 song)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I think that we can all agree that music is a very powerful thing. It can effect us on many different levels. Psychologically, physically, spiritually...How many times have you been in a bad mood, turn the radio on and one of your favorite songs is playing and you find your mood lifting..or vice versa, your in a good mood and hear a song and the next thing you know you are crying...Have you have heard a song that moved you...gave you goosebumps, made you feel alive, made you thank God or whatever you believe in that you are alive! What about the songs that you just can't sit still to!!

Now what if you were told that time was short, very short and you had time to hear one last song...just one...Which one would you choose and why?

My choice... The Four Seasons December 1963 (Oh What a Night)
Why? That is one song that I can't sit still to, the beat makes me happy, it makes me feel good. Its just a great song! Always puts a smile on my face!

Thats the way I want to go out!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Two Steps From Hell-Equus

This song awakens something inside me, I can't describe it but it feels like a sense of duty or something. It moves me personally and I get goosebumps no matter how many times i listen to it.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

I have never heard of it, but you have made me curious, so I will have to go and search it out!!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Beethoven's 6th symphony would be my choice. (i like classical music) IMO, the best piece ever composed for orchestra. Just to think that when Beethoven wrote that symphony, he did not hear a thing. Mind boggling for sure...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by lagenese

It is a beautiful piece. I do have my classical moods..it is one of those musics that soothes me and gives me gooskies!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Tiptoe through the tulips - "Tiny Tim"

That song is so weird yet always puts a smile on my face. So if I had to pick one last song before I died, that would be it. Nothing better than spending your last minutes laughing and enjoying all the good memories you've had.

Watch it and I dare you not to smile.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Water-tastes-good]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Nearly anything written by the Beatles. One of the best bands of all time in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Hard...very hard to choose just one, but right now, I choose...

Where is the Love?

Great topic!

[edit on 7-7-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

That is an awesome song!!!
Its very hard to choose just one isn't it...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

Wow. Just listened to this one on YouTube too...very moving. Thank you.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Ever since this song came out it has been one that always makes me feel better now what. When I heard it completely understood what the song was about. Its kind of like my theme song at times
It always makes me feel great and I always smile. The DJ at work will play it when he knows I am not in the best of moods and I always smile and sing along. It works! Oh how I love music!

Matchbox Twenty "Unwell"

I chose this live video cause I was supposed to be there and well I couldnt get out of work since my other manager got sick. I was so upset but I watched it all later in a special
and it was great! This is my favorite song and I never get sick of it!

Enjoy

edit for the part of my post that was deleted when I was putting the video on..

[edit on 7/7/2009 by mblahnikluver]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

My pleasure
Its music like this that breaks through a lot of the nonsense that goes on today. I'm glad I could share it with people on ATS.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
you will need to consult Urban Dictionary to decode the lyrics, But if there was ever a song that explains the pains of making modern music, this would be it

Madvillain (MF Doom + Madlib) - Rhinestone Cowboy

[edit on 7-7-2009 by drsmooth23]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

I've liked this one as it seems to me metaphorical to the duty of Denying Ignorance and awakening the rest of the population. Plus I like her voice in combination with the music which makes for a unique experience.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

Okay I gotta say this, when weighing just one song...it was hard, but there is a group thats music gets to me and that is Enigma!! OK..back to the thread and the one song...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
wow did you guys see the other topic? so eerily similar!

3 Songs To Help You Survive. What Would they Be?

great...now I have to think of 3

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

just 1??? AAAhhh man, thats tooo hard!

What i got- Sublime..
..I think...

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

thats so classic..haha

so maybe thats what they mean by the world wide "web"....

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

Yes, that is a great song!! Makes me happy just thinking about it.

The one song that I think moves me the most is "Let it Be" by the Beatles. Something about that song...well, it just moves me like no other song can. I almost cry every time I hear it, and I usually feel moved, spiritually, too. Not many songs can do that to me!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join