It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say hey! And a story to match.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I was a member once, but forgot my account info and such. I've considered joining again many a time, but was finally convinced after tonight's events...

The past few days, we've seen several Airforce (what appear to be F18) fighter jets flying over our area at very low altitudes (you can't miss them, they are extremely loud) and tonight, me and a friend witnessed a wild phenomena. We were walking down a street talking (no drugs or alcohol involved, by the way) and looking for stars. It was cloudy, but the clouds subsided and we saw many stars, but they appeared to be moving. They were...over the next half hour, we saw probably a hundred of these small objects, orbs of light varying in size and brightness, and distance from us. I'm fairly confident these were not planes (wayyyyyyy too many), meteors (moving far too slow) or shooting stars (same). This was around 11:30 PM EST. I got home around midnight (about 10 miles away) and after being home for around 5 minutes, I heard the familiar jet engines. I looked out my window and saw them pass over, just above the treeline, heading in the direction I had come from.

Our area is very far from any sort of military bases, and this sort of airforce presence is very unusual. Can anyone give me a hand here?

Thanks, and wonderful to meet everyone,

LANE

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by spiderlane

Welcome back to ATS friend, hope you enjoy it more than the last.

And that's very strange thing for the airforce to be doing, perhaps it is somekind of drill?

~Keeper

[edit on 7/6/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
well, all i would like to know is; what state are you in. and what direction they were flying in

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Wow this is funny!

The exact same thing happend to me! welcome!

posted on Jul, 9 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Haha wonderful! I live in Ohio (outside of Cleveland) and i couldn't tell you what direction, i could only barely see the lights. The big giveaway was that massive jet-engine sound. We haven't seen anything since, so i'm still very curious. What did we see? And i'm a little past convinced that local (and higher) authorities are at least aware of these things.

Thanks, glad to be here!

LANE

new topics

top topics

join