It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop charged with trying to exorcise boy's demons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

www.news.com.au

A POLICEMAN has been stood down after being charged with trying to perform an exorcism on a teenager at a church youth camp in South Australia.

Senior Constable Roger Sketchley, 28, has been charged with two other adults over an alleged incident at a camp run by the Lutheran Church in the Barossa Valley in April.

Sen-Const Sketchley and other adults allegedly restrained a boy, 15, after he complained of stomach pains in an incident that allegedly went for about 12 hours.

Sen-Const Sketchley was charged with false imprisonment and aggravated assault.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
These types of stories never cease to amaze and disgust me. In this day and age of modern science, medicines and technology I cannot fathom why there are still people out there in 1st World countries that still practise these idiotic and superstitious stunts.

Moreover, I was even more aghast that a Police Officer was involved! In my opinion these clowns should be made an example of and have the book thrown at them!

When are people going to say enough is enough and stamp out all of the idiotic, simple minded, medieval practises!

www.news.com.au

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn

www.news.com.au

A POLICEMAN has been stood down after being charged with trying to perform an exorcism on a teenager at a church youth camp in South Australia.

Senior Constable Roger Sketchley, 28, has been charged with two other adults over an alleged incident at a camp run by the Lutheran Church in the Barossa Valley in April.

Sen-Const Sketchley and other adults allegedly restrained a boy, 15, after he complained of stomach pains in an incident that allegedly went for about 12 hours.

Sen-Const Sketchley was charged with false imprisonment and aggravated assault.

Um, well that's an opinion actually, friend. I personally believe in demonic possesion and have had my fair share of "ghost" incounters. I do think this particular case is BS, but that is besides the fact that these incidents can indeed happen. I believe it to be ignorant in this day and age with all the proof of certain paranormal incidents like residual hauntings, to not believe in some of the unknown. Just because you don't believe in it, doesn't mean it isn't true. To each his own, and have a great day skeptic.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Maj35t1cI2]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Maj35t1cI2

Well the fact is, the law doesn't distinguish between posessed and non-possessed. You cannot prove there were demons, so all it comes down to is a couple of adults assaulting a child.

and FYI. An excorcism is one of the most savage, primitive acts I have every seen.

If the person does not ask to be excorcised, then it should be a criminal act! We have laws to protect individuals for a reason!

new topics

top topics

join