It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink light in Sky Buenos Aires Argentina

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
As some of you may know I'm a avid reader of ATS since a long time (and not neccesarely a long time user). I'm currently living in Buenos Aires, Argentina (My profile should say I'm from Venezuela). I was smoking a cigar on my balcony when I noticed this pink sky. The rest of the sky is dark, and its already night time (That rule out the effects of the sun on a evening). I got curious and found that something like this happened in London weeks ago. For "denying ignorance" sake, was there a explanation for this?

Facts: We are in Winter (My first), The night is foggy, It's 11:00 PM, and this morning it rained a lot.

I also ruled out a beam from a club, because the light seems to come from center. If Its a beam, it comes from above, but it isnt moving.

Here are the pictures.

img401.imageshack.us...

img354.imageshack.us...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Very nice sky. Can you see the moon at all? Usually when I see a red/pink sky in the evening means sunshine the next day.

"Red sky at night sailors delight, red sky in the morning sailors take warning".

My father who was in the navy used to say this all the time. I vaguely recall the London thing being some light from some event in the city. Could be wrong though.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
From this point I can't see the moon. From the camera the light seems red. But it is really light pink. What caught my attention is that it is exactly like this light:

mix.fresqui.com...

That appeared in London.

Even the size. That is why i wanted to know if that was explain at all. If it wasnt, I felt the need to share this with ATS. Cases so similar in two different points of the world.

The light is still there. I have a better video camera (SONY FX 1000) and if you request it, I can take some short video footage. Unless the light was already explained as a known phenomenon.

Gotta add, this wasnt on the evening. I was on the street from 6 to 10 and as always saw the sky, the light appeared suddenly (Though I cant say I was present when it appeared)

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The london light i believe was explained as a concert going on for.. ummm.. i think it was breast cancer awareness.. they shone a pink light into the sky because of it.

That does not mean that what you are seeing is anything regarding that.

Someone asked if you can tell where the moon is right now.. my question would be, could it be the moon shining reddish color as in a harvest moon situation, from a far distance away, but since the fog is nearer you, perspectivewise, it's causing the sky to light up with that strange light effect?

Just tossing it out there.. I know in my area (indiana) we get the harvest moon colored phenomena a lot, and it's beautiful to see!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
i actually used to live in buenos aires, what part of town do you live in? if youre around like palermo or belgrano or anywhere downtown, you know there are concerts all the time. i still remember how often they use spotlights
. because its foggy, this could easily be a spotlight shining onto a cloud above the fog, so it looks like a light above it. i dont know what it is, but Buenos Aires is one DAMN bright city at night, especially downtown!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Well. For documentary reasons, I decided to take a brief video clip of the light.

It can be a concert, though it doesnt seem like a spotlight. The moon explanation seems better.

The first video was first in LOW GAIN. Then trying to change it to HIGH GAIN it changed the white balance preset. Thats why yo see it in red and brown for a moment, Then you see more grainy but better.

The second video is always on HIGH GAIN.

media.abovetopsecret.com...

media.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Two years ago, I was going out with friends from ice skating on Cabildo. Sky Skating site.

It was 5 am in the morning aprox, and the moon was facing our backs.. in front of us.. in clear sky.. the same pink spot.

It was amazing. I tried to search in the web for something similar with no use.. two days ago.. i saw it again from my window.. I live in San isidro, the place i live in has no building miles around or spotlights.

I search the web again and saw that in london this had happend to.. and i read your post.

How can this be? and in clear night sky with all the stars around it...?and.. worst.. why there is no cientific explanation on this.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I wonder if the purple skies created by the recent volcanic eruptions can be seen by moonlight?

On 12 June 2009, Sarychev Peak volcano in Russia eruptedreleasing vast amounts of ash and sulfur dioxide into the stratosphere. This has produced some unusual sunrises and sunsets around the northern hemisphere.
On 7 August 2008, Alaska's Kasatochi volcano erupted, hurling more than a million tons of volcanic ash and sulfur dioxide into the stratosphere. This produced unusually colorful sunrises and sunsets around the northern hemisphere for months. Purple is one of the telltale colors of a volcanic sunset.

Maybe the SO2 is finding its way into your skies?

WG3

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Hi,I came across this video earlier and thought I would throw it in here.The cloud's in the vid aren't an exact match to the Op,but it seems like it is a new phenomena according to the video.See what you think.

new topics

top topics

join