It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin to replace Steele as GOP Chairperson

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JulieMills

I don't care enough for her to hate her...and as for the talking heads...I pay them no mind.

They are not the news and they are not the news makers...they are static just like mush loosebowels is and I don't pay any attention to him either.

I am smart enough to come to my own conclusions without some paid shrill telling me what to think.

NO ONE on the left that I know fears her at all...pity perhaps but certainly not fear...that's laughable.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
as for the talking heads...I pay them no mind.
They are not the news and they are not the news makers...they are static
Very interesting indeed...
May I ask when you started feeling this way? Was it before Obama was annointed or since then? If YOU truly feel this way then there is hope yet.
thank you. I have a new found respect for you. (I apologize if I was rude before)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JulieMills

I have always felt this way...I read everything from the extreme right to the extreme left and come to my own conclusions and while I am a bottled and bond liberal I have been so since my teens...and that was in the 60s and early 70s...I credit the Nixon administration and Vietnam in turning me to the left.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Is this your source?

Or are you KYConservative?

I did not support or vote for Sarah, but I'm constantly amazed at how threatened the Left is by her. Logic dictates that this kind of fear would only be if they believe she might bring THEM down

She is to far Right for me and I outgrew the Far Lefts silliness and intellectual dishonesty back in the early 70's. She has however been honest while her opponents funded by people who don't live here spewed the lies that resulted in 15 false accusations. After 15 times, I'm fairly confident who the liars are. That and the locals the money is funneled through are pretty well known up here.

Her problem here has been her honesty and her efforts to bring the Good Ole Boys down. Personality has nothing to do with it. The attacks on her children were so vile as to label those doing it as pure pond scum. I still would not vote for her, but I'm far more nauseated by the Far Left attack on her family and their mean spirited lies. I don't support her but she is solid gold compared to her attackers.

Since that poster from the link above appears to be the source, this seems premature. Who knows though? Was that your source?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Is this your source?

Or are you KYConservative?

Thanks for posting the info but no, I did not get it from there. I would have provided a link.
I did not say in my OP that I got the info first hand. I said the info I provided was supposedely from an inside source. There is only a couple of days left, so I guess we will see.

[edit on 7/7/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

No problem, just asking. I'd never been to that site but its what I could find.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
I did not support or vote for Sarah, but I'm constantly amazed at how threatened the Left is by her.

If thats the bluffing that will get Mrs Palin into the chairperson position then yes, we are very scared, do not make her run 2012.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Mrs Palin ditching the governors position of good ol' Alaska to join the republican seniors at the top of the foodchain... that plays well. Certainly adds more sweetness to whats coming 2012

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Personally, I cannot understand how this woman is still relevant.
I had enough of her during the election when I would see other women wearing replicas of her damn glasses, trying to look like her.

The thought of this person possibly getting elected president one day makes me want to vomit.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pabama
reply to post by ~Lucidity

You mean like Senator Obama did?

It's not uncommon for politicians, like Obama and Bush to hold an office whether Governor or Senator while pursuing a presidency.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by TSer78]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
How perfectly convenient, no source and no link. Speculative hearsay. Conjecture.

Someone proposed a new board: Failed Predictions

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This thread should fit nicely.

BTW What Theory, I do love your new Avatar.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Palin is not a heavy weight and if the GOP wants a woman there are plenty of qualified women in the party to chose from...what they forget is that her popularity was in the GOP...she hardly brought any women to the McCain camp and indeed most women I know were offended by both the choice of her and her personally.

She is too shallow to be any real force...either as a presidential candidate or head of the GOP.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I like Sarah Palin. She is smart, conservative, and Christian. She is experienced (unlike Obama).

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
How perfectly convenient, no source and no link. Speculative hearsay. Conjecture.

Someone proposed a new board: Failed Predictions

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Actually considering its only been afew days since her resignation, and given the fact the true detail behind these decisions only occur sometime after, I dont think its necessarily a failed prediction (there was no time set either so who knows). I agree with you on one thing kinda curious, like many rumors about politicians before this one lacks any evidence to substance but who knows?

Regardless of whether this woman does become chair person to Queen of Angola she shot a hole into her chances of the republican nomination come 2012. She can still run ofcourse, but her chances are relatively low.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
I like Sarah Palin. She is smart,

Like the smart move she made resigning little over a year before her term ends? Or smart as in she couldnt deal with the interview with Couric? Or like the smart move she made.... oh you know what theres a long list. In short in what way is she smart?

conservative,

No doubt bout it.

and Christian.

Which really shouldnt be relevant to getting into office. If thats your personal criteria thats all fine dandy.

She is experienced

You mean leaving just over midway into your term as governor? How can you sit there with a straight face and call her "experienced" after her resignation? Just baffles me.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
...there was no time set either so who knows...

From OP:

There is a 99% chance that Steele will resign on Friday the 10th of July during the PM news cycle.

I meant WHEN Friday rolls around and THIS prediction does not come to fruition, THEN we toss it in the heap.

Regards...KK

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Fair enough.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

The reason she left is...

1. She lives in Alaska, thousands of miles away from the political arena.

2. Her enemies (the democrats and Obama MSM etc.) keep pumping up bogus ethics charges against her, costing the state millions to defend her.

3. She left so that she can go on the attack dog path against the Obama machine.

That's some of the reasons why.

And yes, being a Christian is important to me as I am a Christian. I don't want an Islamic president.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
How perfectly convenient, no source and no link. Speculative hearsay.

True and I pointed this out in my OP. I am not trying to make this anymore than that. I am also wondering if it will happen and I do have some doubts.

I will be the first one to put it there if it does not happen.

Thanks! It's more appropriate for ATS than my last one.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
1. She lives in Alaska, thousands of miles away from the political arena.

She abruptly resigned from her position as governor little over a year before her term ends because... she lives in Alaska. is that the new spin you folks got on now?

2. Her enemies (the democrats and Obama MSM etc.)

Because goodness knows shes the only woman in the world who has had critics and insults hurled at her. I wonder where you were standing when the personal insults were being hurled at Hillary, McCain and Obama? This woman is suppose to be a strong leader and yet she resigns because she cant take the heat? Im sorry did hillary, Obama or McCain bail out when your fellow Palinites here hurled personal insults?

Im just curious, regarding your list of her enemies there.. exactly what did Obama say about her since he took office that made her resign? Tell me have other politicians being excluded by the fire of the media, or does the media just take up fire for sake of ratings regardless?

She left so that she can go on the attack dog path against the Obama machine.

Yes we need more entertainment.

And yes, being a Christian is important to me as I am a Christian. I don't want an Islamic president.

The founding fathers established this nation so that all men and woman of all beliefs and races could have equal opportunity to the american dream, to become president. Your mentality opposes the will of the founding fathers, of the freedom we are bless with in this nation.

Islamic president, well yes religion is choice right?

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join