It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin to replace Steele as GOP Chairperson

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
and tells them to kick rocks,

The correct term(s) might be ...

pound sand...

go forth and multiply alone...

Head exploding [color=#1010a0]parties... Yeah! FTW \o/

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
it would be a typical GOP move of replacing an idiot with a moron.

Wow, that is such wisdom.
Did it take you all night to think of it? Good grief!

Considering how great America is currently doing, there seems to be no bigger idiot or larger moron than Obama.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Palin claims that she isn't a quitter but I hate to tell her this but she is. She quit her duly elected job a little over half way through it on dubious...no...incoherent grounds...it would have been one thing if she announced that she would not stand for reelection but then to turn around and resign because she would be a lame duck is as I said just plain lame and it makes her look like an idiot...

She is a quitter.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Palin is happy for a reason. She's clearly being position for the future. Likely as a future president or serious misdirection.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Why quit being Governor to become GOP Chairwoman, it wouldnt make much sense. Palin I believe made a mistake by quitting. I believe she had a strong chance of being the President in 2012 or Senator in 2010. I guess we just have to see which way this all goes.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
If this is true it is the best thing that can happen to the Republican party.
Nothing against M. steele but he is the type of moderate Republicans that ruined the party and he needs to go!

Go Sarah Go!!! she is the perfect conservative that we need for that position.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Steele will resign on Friday, July 10th during the GOP committee members-only conference call and Sarah Palin will become the new GOP Chairperson.

Sarah Palin will be the new Republican Party Chairperson.

This is the topic.

I understand that policies have a part to play in this possibility, but this thread has devolved into a slanging match over them.

Please try to avoid heated replies and post in a civil manner from this point on. I'm not specifically targeting any one particular poster, but the last few pages are too contentious to continue in a similar fashion.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hastobemoretolife

Palin revels in her ignorance, bristles at the slightest criticism, runs her administration like she's a Chicago ward boss, spends hundreds of thousands on wardrobes while trying her best to sell herself as a homespun yokel, and was drawing criticism from her own party in the state of Alaska. She's a very entertaining woman--I love to watch her spazz and twitch and foam at the mouth when she's subjected to the same criticism and mockery any politician goes through. My God she's wonderful entertainment. I hope she stays around forever and ever!@

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Steele will resign on Friday, July 10th during the GOP committee members-only conference call and Sarah Palin will become the new GOP Chairperson.

Sarah Palin will be the new Republican Party Chairperson.

I'm going to cast doubt on your "source", WhatTheory. I'm pretty sure they don't know what they're talking about.

The RNC is governed by a set of rules: www.gop.com...

These rules are pretty rigidly adhered to by the party (as those of you who remember what happened when Ron Paul supporters, completely uninformed about these rules, tried to get into the RNC and other Republican conventions to vote for their candidate and were turned away by people who knew and understood the RNC rules.)

In order for Palin to take over the chairmanship, the party would have to fall apart completely between now and Thursday, moderate Republicans who strongly disagree with her would have to resign en masse from the party, a new party and new rules would have to be put in place... and then she could be anointed or appointed or voted in AND ratified.

Since the Republican National Convention is NOT currently in session, I think your source doesn't know much about politics and is suggesting a scenario that they would find delightful. In fact, I think you should be very suspicious about their claim to be a "Republican insider" since they are SO unknowledgeable about the basic rules of the party they say they belong to.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Sounds to me like someone in the GOP wants to ELIMINATE Sarah from the presidential leadership race. Here's one way to do just that. Give her a cushy somewhat permanent job with more perks than her old one. She's a media master and that's also what that party needs.

Question is, who will run and will someone like Sarah, who claims herself to be a maverick let someone like Ron Paul actually win the nomination? Ron Paul SHOULD HAVE BEEN on the front line of that party the last time. Come 2012, he could win with flying colors as more people realize he's been right all along!

E X T R E M E L Y interesting development, if true!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaydie
Ooohhh, exploding liberal heads.

I'm about a liberal as they come and this is the best news I've heard yet about "Sarah the Quitter". I hope it's true!

Lagi-lagi Leilei!

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Oh my.
If this is true, what will happen to Olbermann?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Jeez, the employees at the rumor mill are working some serious overtime over Sarah Palin...

If she became the head of the republican party I wouldn't really care, but I think it would be a terrible tactical move on their part. But what do I know about the Republican party's strategy...

No offense to anyone here, but it seems like they'd be trying to corner the idiot voting bloc like they did during the 2000 and 2004 elections. She did do a really good job of riling up the Obama is a muslim/terrorist/foreigner crowd.

Anywhoo... best case scenario: more Tina Fey impressions.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by milesp]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
what do you mean 'this is supposedly from someone on the inside...'. You got this 3rd or 4th hand, presumably.

No source == worthless.

Anyway, Palin is the greatest disaster to befall the GOP since... well only since GWB and his PNAC trolls I guess. But she's a farcical figure, a comedic figure (on account of her caveman politics and unrivalled stupidity). No way she ever gets a look-in at the top of the GOP again. That's how I see it anyway.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Her resigning her position as a governor before finishing her first term I think is a political career ender.

I think it would be foolish to entertain the idea that she would be offered a position of power as stated, as her reliability and work ethic is now in question.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

"there's something not right there. let's see...quit your job early and get rewarded with another plum position...way to send a message to our kids, eh?"

You mean like Senator Obama did?

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

That would be absolute suicide for the republican party. Michael steele is the best hope. He is a smart, charismatic, articulate guy. Just the person they need.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by WhatTheory

That would be absolute suicide for the republican party. Michael steele is the best hope. He is a smart, charismatic, articulate guy. Just the person they need.
This is funny.
Michael Steele and his type (ie:McCain, Colin Powell)are what ruined the Republican party. They are who we are trying to get rid of to rebuild the party as a real conservaqtive party not a conservative-lite party (think "half democrat" or democrat wannabe)

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

UMMM...what have you been smoking...and why aren't you sharing?

Steele is almost as pathetic as Palin...I mean it must really suck knowing that the only reason you have the job in a party that's 99% white is that you're black.

He is the ineffectual face of a totally lost party...

Palin is an incoherent voice within that party who seems to think she's something.

AND this whole thread is just the opinion of the poster since there are no links and no one is talking about it on the web.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by grover]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Palin is an incoherent voice within that party who seems to think she's something.
And yet the libs fear her like the plague!

tell me something Mrs. Grover, if she is such a loser and a waste of time, WHY DO THE LIBS AND MSM feel the need to smear her and are constantly trying to dimish her????

I can tell you...

FEAR!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join