It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin to replace Steele as GOP Chairperson

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
No.

My brain can't handle it.

I am sick and tired of hearing the endless smears and bashings of this woman and her family.

Oh like shes the only one? Is she some exception? Do you know howmuck flak Clinton, Kerry and the McCains got? Do you see them resigning? Please. While I dont accept many of the offensive comments made to her she isnt the acception, and her resignation little over a year before her term ends is a weak cop out. How can anybody expect this woman to become president if she cant stand the heat?

if you cant stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Well, the only thing we know about why Palin resigned is because she wasn't able to govern with her having to deal with 15 ethics investigations. 13 of which have been thrown out.

All we have to go on is her word right now. Who ever is behind these ethics investigations has turned her into a lame duck and not being able to get anything done. It's costing the state money.

She has run out the good ole boys in Alaska politics, and she has also been able to get deals done that previous governors haven't been able to.

Not to mention her family getting targeted. If her family wanted her to resign and she is actually putting her family before her career.

That is even if this rumor is true. Either way she will be out of the spot light and be in a position to actually strike back.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by Karlhungis

Well, the only thing we know about why Palin resigned is because she wasn't able to govern with her having to deal with 15 ethics investigations. 13 of which have been thrown out.

All we have to go on is her word right now. Who ever is behind these ethics investigations has turned her into a lame duck and not being able to get anything done. It's costing the state money.

She has run out the good ole boys in Alaska politics, and she has also been able to get deals done that previous governors haven't been able to.

Not to mention her family getting targeted. If her family wanted her to resign and she is actually putting her family before her career.

That is even if this rumor is true. Either way she will be out of the spot light and be in a position to actually strike back.

Add one more to that list:

In the wake of Governor Palin stepping down from her job, new allegations have surfaced today in Alaska charging Palin with additional violations of the Alaska Executive Ethics Act.

Zane Henning -- a conservative government watchdog from the governor's hometown of Wasilla and an oilfield worker on Alaska's North Slope -- asserts in a letter to Alaska Attorney General Daniel S. Sullivan that Palin has "been charging and pocketing per diem to live in her home and has used the process for a personal gain since being elected."

The Washington Post first broke this story last September during the 2008 presidential race, but until now, no formal ethics charges have been brought on the matter in Alaska.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
This revelation is interesting indeed! I'm sure if this happens the Libs are going to rejoice. However, what do the GOP really think Palin is going to accomplish as chairman of the party. She is proving everyday that the Libs are getting under her skin. If they weren't she would just ignore their attacks. They know she is a hot head and with continual pressure she is going to say or do something stupid.

Personally, I don't think she has the political acumen to do battle with the career politicians. Nothing against the woman, but I think she should give politics a rest and go back to her family. She is biting off more than she can chew. If she is supposed to be the Republicans ace in the hole regarding their resurgence in 2010; then they should really think about re-evaluating their strategy. The Libs are going to tear her to shreds. She has a chance now to bow out gracefully and if she was smart she would take it.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Someone please help me understand why anyone supports this woman.

Really I'm serious I cannot see one redeeming quality in this woman, she's quick tempered, ignorant(stupid), a religious nut, ego-centric, a lousy public speaker, thin-skinned, and apparently a quitter.

Why would anyone want this woman to represent them? The fact that she has ANY support speaks volumes about what our country has become. I mean maybe I'm crazy but she is exactly what I think Brittney Spears will be like at age 45. The only two things I can come up with is people are supporting her just because she is on the Republican team and is being picked on, or even scarier just because she is really 'famous'. Of course the only reason she is famous is for being an idiot.

I'm a registered Republican although I am very disillusioned with the party, but I am more toward the right than the left on the political scale. If the Republican party elects this woman their chairperson I will have to register as an independent asap.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
please dont dissappoint me be telling us this turns out the be false.

I hope it is true as I would like to see Palin as the RNC chairmen. As I stated in the OP, I am not the insider. I am just passing along information. I guess we will find out in a few days whether or not it is true.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
I'll believe it when I see it.

As it stands, this is an unsubstantiated rumor.

It's not even from "a reliable source."

"Unconfirmed and supposedly from someone on the inside..." id pretty flimsy.

And what is your point? I said all that in my OP. Please stop repeating what I already said in the OP and try to add something of merit.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by proximo

The question is why would you not want to support Palin.
She is smart, funny, down to earth, sexy and she kicks ass plus a conservative. What more do you want?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by proximo

The question is why would you not want to support Palin.
She is smart, funny, down to earth, sexy and she kicks ass plus a conservative. What more do you want?

A competent politician? Or is Africa a country now?

By the way as someone who's been labeled as a liberal on here, I hope Palin rises all the way to the top of the GOP and leads that party forever. Why? Because she's a joke who the vast majority of non-delusional people laugh at. God bless Sarah Palin for continuing where George Bush left off.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Oh like shes the only one? Is she some exception? Do you know howmuck flak Clinton, Kerry and the McCains got? Do you see them resigning? Please. While I dont accept many of the offensive comments made to her she isnt the acception, and her resignation little over a year before her term ends is a weak cop out. How can anybody expect this woman to become president if she cant stand the heat?

What does this have to do with what I said? I just don't want to turn on the news and hear nothing but Sarah Palin 24/7..there is far more important topics out there...like MICHAEL JACKSON.

I don't care about her resigning...so what...and i don't need a constant reminder of it either. Maybe if the left would lose their sadomasochist fascination with her THE CRAP WOULD END.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic

I don't know, you tell me if America has 57 states.

By the way as someone who's been labeled as a liberal on here, I hope Palin rises all the way to the top of the GOP and leads that party forever.

Good, at least we agree so far.

Why? Because she's a joke who the vast majority of non-delusional people laugh at.

I believe you had a typo and meant to say delusional instead of non-delusional.
Are you serious?
The only people who laugh are silly liberals who cannot stand a strong conservative woman because they know she is a threat.

God bless Sarah Palin for continuing where George Bush left off.

Now this last statement from you really shows your ignorance because Palin is nothing like Bush. Bush was NOT even a conservative. He was closer to a old school democrat than a conservative.

[edit on 7/6/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
She certainly can't hurt the Republican Party. Steele and group were so out of touch with RINO's and wanting to repackage them.

One thing about Palin. She'll be a bulldog. She'll call it like it is. She can raise money like no one else in the Republican Party, and as Chairperson, and not a candidate per se, she can say exactly what's what, without having to be overly sensitive to how it will affect the voting public.

To forego the Governor's job to take on this job, I think, is perfectly justified, and the Lt. Governor of Alaska can take over without missing a beat.

Let's face it, Palin made a lot of enemies in the Good Ol Boy network in Alaska, and they were never going to quit coming after her.

This way, the timing is just right, when the Republicans need some galvanizing leadership, and if she and the Republicans embrace true, fiscally conservative principles, then these VOTE-WITHOUT-READING-THE -DAMNED-BILL Democrats will fall in 2010.

Between now and 2010 elections, this country will be a financial disaster beyond description with inflation through the roof.

America will be begging for a reversal.

Palin can engineer and direct it.

You don't have to be smart - just conservative.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I posted this on another thread but just in case you missed it.

Did you catch this little gem from Faux News. Liz Trotta is no liberal nor even moderate conservative. She was made famous or infamous for joking about killing President Obama.

Well watch her tear Sarah a new one. The news host keeps trying to get her back on message that it is the liberals fault.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

As a lefty I can say with assurance that I'd be delighted if Ms. Palin took over the GOP chairmanship.

Pretty much.

It almost seems scripted, so many GOP champions have been going down and taking their party with them to an extent. This would be like the final straw before the house of cards falls down.

Bottom line is Independents and many moderates can't stand this woman and each party needs them to win elections. The party can not compete well in elections with just a right wing base.

[edit on 7-7-2009 by rapinbatsisaltherage]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
I look at the Palin thing as I do MJ....it's just more deflection to the real problems.

I'm tired of the news media acting like TMZ. Damnit...where's the freakin integrity??

News acts like the freaking Enquirer and Globe Magazine....hell...they probably have more integrity than the nightly news...that's how bad it has become.

The whole system is a mockery...yet people eat it up and treat things that effect their lives like it's a GD tv show.

Well D you forget YOU were not referred to as a not "Real American"

That went too far and she leveled the charge on half the country.

BTW there is such a thing as playing the victim which might apply to some of her exposure.

Anyhow to the rest of you, EXPLODING LIBERAL HEADS?

Good luck with the govermer

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory

Originally posted by CuriousSkeptic

I don't know, you tell me if America has 57 states.

By the way as someone who's been labeled as a liberal on here, I hope Palin rises all the way to the top of the GOP and leads that party forever.

Good, at least we agree so far.

Why? Because she's a joke who the vast majority of non-delusional people laugh at.

I believe you had a typo and meant to say delusional instead of non-delusional.
Are you serious?
The only people who laugh are silly liberals who cannot stand a strong conservative woman because they know she is a threat.

God bless Sarah Palin for continuing where George Bush left off.

Now this last statement from you really shows your ignorance because Palin is nothing like Bush. Bush was NOT even a conservative. He was closer to a old school democrat than a conservative.

[edit on 7/6/2009 by WhatTheory]

Will this silly liberal is glad that many centrists fear her religious views as I do...

BTW the last two sentences
YOU in PARTICULAR use to defend BUSH "the old school democrat" like he was your baby kitten.
what a joke, with friends like you...

Its about nine years late to come to your senses sire

that is funny, chuck ole Bush after he has taken us to the dark place via your electorial request, TWICE,,, urrrrrr.

I smell DEFLECTION

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
The party can not compete well in elections with just a right wing base.

This is where you are totally wrong.
In the majority of elections where a true conservative is running, the true conservative will win. This is a fact. Unfortunately, the most recent strategy of the GOP is to put up RINO candidates which obviously has not worked. More people consider themselves conservative than liberal.

Poll: How Liberal or Conservative Are Americans?

“Conservatives” Are Single-Largest Ideological Group

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

In the majority of elections where a true conservative is running, the true conservative will win.

I think you mistook my point, I never said true conservatives don't win.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

“Conservatives” Are Single-Largest Ideological Group

Largest or not I don't see the point? You still need other groups in most elections to win.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
BTW the last two sentences
YOU in PARTICULAR use to defend BUSH "the old school democrat" like he was your baby kitten.
what a joke, with friends like you...

Sorry, but you must have me confused with someone else because when Bush did something good, I gave him credit, and when Bush did something bad, I criticized him.

You need to stop living in your fantasy world and get your facts straight.

that is funny, chuck ole Bush after he has taken us to the dark place via your electorial request, TWICE,,, urrrrrr.

Huh?

What dark place? Things were pretty good until Congress was taken over by the Demorats in 2006 and now with the Messiah, thing are REALLY going to a dark place.

I smell DEFLECTION

That must be your upper lip because all I hear from you is BS.

[edit on 7/7/2009 by WhatTheory]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join