It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the lights go out what is your crisis plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I would like to start a serious thread about your plans if we do get set back into time with out services..food,water and shelter and surviveing the looting and gangs and what not ,how will you hold up Are you planning to "group up" start a small base camp? How will you matain supplys. Will it be like the show "Jeramiah " a must watch ,,kinda gives you the idea of what might happen . Well this is my first post be gental,,,"Stay the course"

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
my thought plan would probably be to join a street gang or something. they have organization, numbers, and weapons.

its not the best plan i guess, but im not too concerned about the world ending.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Do you mean the show "Jericho"?

If so, I think the lesson to be learned there is:

1. Communities must stick together.
2. Communities should encourage others to maintain a quantity of supplies.
3. Keep yur guns because there will be people trying to take away #1 and #2

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Mad Max

One of my favourite movies
it really would be survival of the fittest
The fittest being the the ones with all the guns and petrol.

In a way I would agree with 2nd poster

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
personally, i already live off the grid. use solar to charge 12 volt batteries. have a powerful inverter which supplies enough to run power tools if needed. know quite a few people who live the way i do, all of us being like minded.
also, i have at minimum a years worth of food for 5 on hand, along with water filters, ammo., etc............
it's actually quite easy to prepare, the only hard part is having a bit of money to do so.
at the very least start putting away some extra canned good each trip to the super market, and make sure you have access to clean water, municipal supplies and well pumps do not work without power.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I plan on going about my business as usual.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hi Sinclâire and welcome to ATS

You might want to check out "Survival Techniques" forum under the Current Events discussions.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You will find loads of stuff on this topic.

Personally, i have a few plans for different scenarios but hopefully i will never have to put them into practice. Your best tool is your brain. I am slowly learning as much as i can regarding survival techniques. Knowledge doesn’t use up any space in your BOB

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I also plan to do business as usual
but what happens "if" the lights go out is the argument here

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by I Am Spartacus
Do you mean the show "Jericho"?

If so, I think the lesson to be learned there is:

1. Communities must stick together.
2. Communities should encourage others to maintain a quantity of supplies.
3. Keep yur guns because there will be people trying to take away #1 and #2

Was gonna say that. I believe scenarios in the show Jericho will play out if the SHTF. I count myself lucky to live in a small-ish, close-knit community and even though they're not all into conspiracies and think the government is peachy-keen, we band together when times are tough. We've gone through tornados, ice storms, floods and windstorms, and we take care of each other.

As of right now, I have no plans to bug out at all. We as a cuty will make things work for all of us.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Heatburger]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Grab a flashlight and head out to the generator!

Thanks for asking!
Some are prepared, most bought big cars and houses instead,
now they lost their job and can't do squat...

Edit to add:
Actually, if batteries are fully charged, then only test generator.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hide. Wait and catch up on my reading.

When everyone is finished shooting each other, do some shopping, find a houseboat and disappear.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Continuity! Power & RRRRRRRAAAADDDDIIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a couple areas with medium speed running water where I can set up a water wheel to generate power, if necessary. That was the first thing I could think of. I'm not going to complete darkness without a fight. If it saves you just an extra few days, it's well worth learning how to make it work!

Apart from the typical hunting, building and technical tools, food etc I've packed away radios. Short wave, fmrs, AM/CB etc in a ammo box. You wouldn't believe how far you can reach on a cb when the solar storms are active. No problem reaching most of the USA on a stock set. Just flick to channel 6 (the "superbowl") and if you don't hear the southerners on there kicking azz it pretty much means that the "skip" or conditions are not favorable for long distance communication. Keep trying every couple hours in the afternoon, everyday till there is contact made! Long comms require solar/atmospheric activity usually.

One of the most important things to morale is knowing others are still out there.

Shortwave to receive propaganda from the enemy as well as the areas in the region or just to know that there is life happening elsewhere, hope!

I do hope people consider the radio option for their own emergency kits. A CB radio can be had from FREE to $100. If you are looking for a good one, look for one with "LSB/USB" & "clarifier" features. Set it to 38LSB if you find that conditions for long distance communication are favorable and adjust that clarifier til people stop sounding like tweedle bugs from sesame street! 38 lsb is a primarily North American hailing channel just for making quick contacts, just to say you did.

Pick a number and prefix it with "ATS" and maybe we'll all link up!
This is "Alpha Tango Sierra - nine one one calling C.Q.!" LOL!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Good Thread

I have been working on building a SIT X kit.

I buy a extra cans of food when I go shopping and store them. I also have a bunch of jugs of water. When complete my kit will have the following (this is for me and my GF):

2-4 weeks worth of canned food
4 weeks dry food, ramen noodles, dry pasta, beans, etc.
Batteries
Crank style flash light(s)
Crank style radio
Water filtration system/tablets
Hand powered water pump (have nice sized lake/pond in back of house)
2 Gas Mask's with 4 extra filters each
2 NBC suit's
Potassium iodide pills
3 months worth of asthma medicine
Antibiotics - hard to keep because they have short shelf life
Vitamins
Mini seed vault
Printed out plans for make shift generators, solar energy, etc.
1-2 Pistols + Ammo
1-Rifle + Ammo
1- Shotgun+ Ammo

I'm sure there is many more things we would need, There was a good thread on here awhile back that had links to plans and how information, skills will be very valuable in a SIT X. I was saving as much info as I could find to my hard drive but what good will that do if I can't get power?

Oh if I could find a way to do it and had room I would want a 55-gallon container of Pepsi (for GF) and a 55-gallon container of Grapico Soda.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I have land, supplies, and a well-organized militia that has been meeting,organizing, and training for a couple years now. I'm good.
anyone need protection or shelter to go near kentucky. u2u me. Only requirement is must own a gun

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I guess I would do as i always do, check the breakers, change the light bulb,

light candles or use hurricane lamps...

I guess it all depends on the circumstances, can we really ever be prepared for

what we know nothing about?

[edit on 6-7-2009 by savageheart]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Reply to post by lucentenigma

to get your pepsi and whatnot, all you gotta do is raid the local pepsico plant. they usually keep stores of the syrups, just add soda water and voila.
soda pop.
or stock up beforehand. 60 bucks a case wholesale, one box of syrup makes 1000 8 oz sodas.
which is crazy to think restaurants pay 6 cents a pop and charge 1-2 bucks. but thats a whole other thread

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I would walk to my friend's house where I would organize with my friends who have been talking about this event and planning for it. We all have survival kits and bug out bags. We used to think we would know what to do if tshtf but we realised that it is all circumstantial. Depending on what type of poo is hitting, we have plan A, B, C and D.

I have a trump card that the others don't. Six full cartons of cigarettes. These will be good for trade and negotiations. And no, I don't know how I have managed to not smoke any of them

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
As for me and mine, we have lots of guns and ammo, including bows and arrows, we have a generator (thanks to killer ice storm), we have crank flashlight/radio, camping stove, lanterns, pool full of water that we can boil or use for toilets... we all know how to hunt, skin, gut and cook what we need to survive as well as a knowlege of some wild vegetation and roots that are edible.

Edit to add: Its going to come down to the haves against the have nots. You know the ones that we all tried to warn that this stuff was coming! Who do you think they are going to search out when the SHTF?

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Greenize]

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by skeetontheconspiracy

Ahh yes the boxes of syrup. I should have known this I used to change them out while working at Grubway when I was 16. I will add that to my list!
Thanks!

new topics

top topics

join