It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrail Thread: How common are contrails?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Udontknowme

Udontknowme,

Perhaps you haven't seen this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's more recent than OzWeatherman's other, longer thread on the subject.

Oz may be a young whippersnapper
compared to me, but he certainly knows his stuff!!

[edit on 6 July 2009 by weedwhacker]

Thanks for that link;

1. If the government allegedly are spraying nasties at such a height, why would they not do something easier like poisioning a drinking water supply?

How else do you poison the water. Put it in the rain. Source is less traceable.

2. Explain how something being sprayed at such a height, defies all logic (and winds), and somehow reaches the ground below where it is originally released from?

It drifts with the jetstream. Just like when the Japanese released balloons from Japan to bomb America. Steered by HAARP system. But weather is affected within 250 miles.

3. Some chemtrail websites claim that the phenomenen has been occuring since the nineties. Explain why persistent contrails exist in pictures since from before 1920, and why contrail science existed far before the chemtrail theory was even thought of?

Photoshop

4. Explain why almost every meteorologist in the world knows nothing about upper atmosphere, and the population of chemtrail believers (including rense cliff carnicom and david icke), is more knowlegeble on meteorology than those trained in the science.

Not saying meteorologists don't know anything.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
On Saturday, July4 we had a tornado in Red Deer, Alberta, Canada. Before the funnel cloud formed I was standing in the lane in front of my mobile home looking up at the storm clouds thinking it might hail. I was looking west and up and spotted two parallel contrails running generally east to west above the highest clouds. The main storm clouds were travelling north to south and the ground wind was blowing south to north as I observed from a Canadian flag that flies on a pole at a Totem outlet south of us. I quickly ran in and got my camera and started shooting pictures. I was too late to catch much of the contrails but got one good picture.The reason I wanted to take the picture was that the one contrail looked strange to me. It had a darker blue line at the edge fading into light blue in the sky. My batteries started to die and I came inside. One of my sons ran in to tell me to come out because he saw what looked like a funnel cloud forming. I grabbed my video camera off the charger and videoed as the funnel formed, lengthened, passed by and dissipated. Fortunately it did not touch down where we were but from the newspaper I read where it had touched down approximately 1.5 km north of us. I wish I could have gotten more of the contails though. They were exactly like normal contrails after they have spread out a bit and you could see the white turbulence in the middle of them from the exhaust? formation. I thought I would post this in this thread as it is about contrails. There was a lot going on in a short space of time but I tried to remember as much as I could. I decided to post because of the solar flare prediction and the strange weather we are now having. These storms are expected to last until the weekend. I hope some of this info helps somehow. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

How else do you poison the water. Put it in the rain. Source is less traceable.

Laughable theory... 'source is less traceable' ???

2. Explain how something being sprayed at such a height, defies all logic (and winds), and somehow reaches the ground below where it is originally released from?

It drifts with the jetstream. Just like when the Japanese released balloons from Japan to bomb America. Steered by HAARP system. But weather is affected within 250 miles.

WWII Japanese balloon bombs??? I mean, I know they tried that...started a forest fire in Oregon or something! Hardly an apt comparison!! Can't you do any better? Oh, you're getting t his from stupid 'chemtrail' sites, huh?

Steered by HAARP? The Japanese balloons???

Weather is affected within 250 miles? Why not 249 miles?? Weather is far, far more extant than 250 miles, son.

3. Some chemtrail websites claim that the phenomenen has been occuring since the nineties. Explain why persistent contrails exist in pictures since from before 1920, and why contrail science existed far before the chemtrail theory was even thought of?

Photoshop

ROFL...really?? IS THAT what they've been reduced to, now?? they are certainly getting desperate. I suppose someone went into every movie ever made, as well, and photoshopped contrails into them???

Usually, in very bad "B" westerns, you'll see contrails...there were jet contrails left in some scenes from "Patton", as well.....

4. Explain why almost every meteorologist in the world knows nothing about upper atmosphere, and the population of chemtrail believers (including rense cliff carnicom and david icke), is more knowlegeble on meteorology than those trained in the science.

Not saying meteorologists don't know anything.

No, but the numbskulls who you are reading from, they certainly are!!!

Thanks for the good laughs. Here's a bit on Japanese 'fire balloons':

en.wikipedia.org...

Fire balloons

Main article: Fire balloon
Between November 1944 and April 1945, Japan launched over 9,000 fire balloons toward North America. Carried by the recently-discovered Pacific jet stream, they were to sail over the Pacific Ocean and land in North America, where the Japanese hoped they would start forest fires and cause other damage. About three hundred were reported as reaching North America, but little damage was caused. Six people (five children and a woman) became the only deaths due to enemy action to occur on mainland America during World War II when one of the children tampered with a bomb from the balloon near Bly, Oregon in the United States and it exploded. Recently released reports by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the Canadian military indicate that fire balloons reached as far inland as Saskatchewan. A fire balloon is also considered to be a possible cause of the final fire in the Tillamook Burn. One member of the 555th Parachute Infantry Battalion (United States) died while responding to a fire in the Northwest 6 August 1945; other casualites of the 555th were two fractures and 20 other injuries.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
My thoughts are: Why would there be contrails at that particular time and would there be any possibility of them having anything to do with the tornado? It seemed strange that there were two parallel ones at the same time of the same size. Also if any one was taking satellite imagery of that particular storm, would they have captured images of the contrails also and where would I look? I don't believe or disbelieve in chemtrails but I'll be 59 in August and I have watched lots of things in the skies in my life.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by michial

Two parallel contrails because two separate jets flew along an airway, either one, then another some minutes later...and the first contrail drifted with the upper air mass before the second airplane arrived, and/or they came through at different altitudes, each leaving a contrail, and the winds velocity was different at different altitudes.

Satellite imagery?? Well, depends. A contrail that is thick and fluffy, newly formed, isn't very wide...say 150-200 feet tops? As it spreads thin, harder to photograph from a satellite.

HERE is a site with current satellite photos for North America:

zebu.uoregon.edu...

It's dark now, over most of NA...so these are infrared...better pics in daylight, I'd imagine...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Hi, Udontknowme and all.

For the contrails, see:
asd-www.larc.nasa.gov...

for the chemtrails, see:
www.chemtrailcentral.com...

Blue skies.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by C-JEAN

Hi, Udontknowme and all.

For the contrails, see:
asd-www.larc.nasa.gov...

for the chemtrails, see:
www.chemtrailcentral.com...

Blue skies.

How about the X trails?
With UFOs inside.

Here is a thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Thanks weedwhacker. Unfortunately that wasn't what I was looking for. I downloaded the images to my computer and can send them to anyone who is interested. I am not sure how everything works on ATS but will read up on it and maybe try to post my video. I will have to edit the audio because some of the comments made by the spectators aren't suitable for all. Quite funny at the time though.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Udontknowme
I have been studying this topic for some time. I feel there are experts on both sides, right here on ATS.

Couple of questions for the skeptics.

1. How common are contrails. For example, if you had 1000 flights, how many would you estimate to form contrails, on average? Is it 10%, 50%. Not holding you to it, just wondering if global warming is causing excessive contrails.

2. I've looked at the Appleman Chart. It suggests when a contrail might form. What are the conditions for a persistant contrail to form, RH%, Temp, etc? There is a big difference between dissapating heat vapor and trails that form into storm systems.

As someone who is VERY concerned about the potential of the implications if the Chemtrail Conspiratists were right, I feel that one who has attempted at debunking the Chemtrailers, should have quick, concise numbers and charts for us to review.

In my time in aviation, I was always under the impression that contrails were a very rare occurence. Have weather conditions changed that much??

Thought the thred got off trak. Just sayin.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by Udontknowme]

[edit on 8-7-2009 by Udontknowme]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join