It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 is a trap to get you to freak out and/or convert to new age spirituality

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Ask yourself how come there are so many DIFFERENT theorys about 2012 ?

Who is putting out all theese theorys ?

Who cares !

You can see the intention of all theese 2012 theorys and videos quite easily. By the results they accomplish.

You can judge a tree by its fruits.

You can judge somebody`s true intentions by what they do (in terms of what results they actually obtain trough their actions).

As oposed to the claims they make, which can mislead you about their true intentions.

The purpose of theese theorys/videos are obviously fear, disinformation, and "brainwashing" new converts into new age stuff.

They acomplish all theese three at once:

Convertion because of fear.

they scare people into thinking some big doom is comming. Now people are looking for a solution. The solution is conviniently provided, and it is some new age thing. Thus even if the person couldnt care less about the nerw age spiritualiuty thing, because it provides a solution to their fear of the incoming big doom, they convert to this new age spirituality.

It is the same old Problem-Reaction-Solution.

And, if that still doesnt convince you, then watcjh this 2012 debunking video:

2012 debunked (1 of 2)
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
who are "they" as you refer to and how do you feel that anyone is being traped to convert.

I think thats an awfull lot of accusations to make regarding the 2012 phenomenon.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AG123
who are "they" as you refer to and how do you feel that anyone is being traped to convert.

I think thats an awfull lot of accusations to make regarding the 2012 phenomenon.

Doomsayers. They've been around forever. The world has been "supposed" to end since ancient times. Anyone remember Y2K? Y2K12 is no different if you ask my opinion. If the world doesn't end then things will just go on. If it does, no ones gonna be around to say "see I told ya so."

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomguy
You can judge somebody`s true intentions by what they do (in terms of what results they actually obtain trough their actions).

Very true.....

It's also very clear what your intentions are.

BTW, I'm not freaking out and I'm not converting. I don't think most people are.

Are you suggesting we follow your path? What exactly is your path?

I think we know; don't we?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Well,

Mostly it does kind of beat the living poo out of the whole great bearded retribution and punishment driven guy in the sky mode of things...

Let's face it the clerics of Odin had a lousy time with monotheism too when it came around but it kind of got us a bit closer to the truth...

Not sure we aren't headed in the right direction sort of with all the Quantum theory stuff and Life as G-d, Jungian collective unconscious body energy Universal order and whatever being floated about

Actually attempting to understand what G-d is as opposed to passing out Rules and telling people about Fire and Brimstone if they don't comply is kind of getting dated no?

and... I sort of really like Meditation and stuff

and girls do look pretty in pretty dresses and sandals as opposed to the whole Amish "cover up thine arse" look...

and... I do keep a pocket full of crystals usually... not sure they do any good but they are kind of nicer than a Dead guy hanging from a Cross or a Veil...

And most of it is just constant positive thought based as opposed to constant scaring the poop out of me...

What's actually the big problem with New Age Religions?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
well let us examine exactly the meaning and facts regarding 2012.

First : 2012 trend began with the Mayan calendar

second : The entire thing is based on astrology and astronomy

third : around 2012 the "great Year" will come to a climax beginning a new "great year".

fourth : ancient cultures believed the stars told them about our world, and in some cases even allowed our ancient ancestors to look into the past.

i for one haven't seen any New Age Spirituality solution to avoid the doom prophecies made regarding 2012, please point them out. Also the above is my understanding of 2012, the best thing to keep in mind is people fear change. Just like when someone get anxious before giving a big speech, the world ( or some do ) feels anxious about entering a new galactic year.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
New Age comes about by the failure of most popular religions to make sense to the more intelligent group of people. To think that the point of life is about ancient texts is ridiculous. It's about us, it's about us finding "God" within everything and everyone and ourselves. I have had my reality shattered more than once. You kind of gain a sense of the infinity, or the self when that happens. The true self. Not the individual self who just understands things of personal gain. You realize that to think that if you don't let Jesus "save you" by somehow taking responsibility for your sins so that you wont spend eternity in hell is really stupid. The whole concept that some people are going to heaven for eternity and that some souls are going to hell is really really really stupid. The bible is just a book corrupted by men. Jesus never said half the things the Bible says about him. Apostle Paul made sure of that. All this is not just stupid thinking but false thinking. It is all a big hoax. So what are we to do when we realize that these are but institutions that truly do "brainwash" you. Most since birth, or a time of personal need to believe in something. Give up the need to know the divine? No, no, no. You look for another way to express that need. New Age would be a logical choice for many people.

However I personally think that it doesn't matter what your belief system is concerning the divine. Just don't come talk to me telling me that I'm going to hell or something equally stupid. Or act negatively towards someone because they don't believe what you believe.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
New Age is a concept not a religion. It morphs all religions into one in concept. All new age is, is realizing the flaws that have kept us trapped in continual repetition of our own problems. The old age is quickly falling away and the new age is sprouting green shoots. Look around you. It's only a trap, by old religious standards. You are right, if you chose to live in that reality.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
....and Religion is a trap for people incapable of critical thinking. Religion is for those who are not motivated enough to search for their own answers!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I think you're taking the NWO to a new level, I've read before that basically the New World Order and the New Age are as a matter of fact, the same thing. Which is quite logic judging by the new age philosophy which tries to take concepts from all religions to create a "new way", and have a positive view about lucifer.

About 2012 being a conspiracy created by the new age and therefore of the NWO, this could be in some way certainly true, but not in essence. For example movies as the "2012" which will be released soon and many of the books about the "Doomsday 2012" are nothing more than a great way to make money, and at the same time produce an effect of laugh in the masses about what could happen at that time. However, 2012 is marked in many civilizations not only one, as a turning point. And as far as I know... I dont think the mayans wanted to make profits of this.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Szerablyn

Here is my understanding.

The traditional New World Order types know of 2012 and what is supposed to happen, a supposed Golden Age. However they believe the only way for this golden age to happen is by controlling and manipulating people and basically "forcing" it to happen. (One world government, end of paper money etc. etc.)

The New Age people also aspire for this golden age, however most people in New Age circles are aware of the NWO and realize that instead of controlling people it would be much better for individuals to take their spiritual lives seriously and realize that when it comes down to it we are all one unified consciousness, and thus because of that people would not want to harm one another or become entrapped in many other egoic problems.

Again, this is just my understanding but I really don't think 2012 is a ploy to control people. In fact the vast majority of New Age philosophies are very positive towards 2012, saying that it could pave the way for heaven on earth. Whether this is true, we won't find out til 2012.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by bommer09

Bommer09 you are absolutely correct. New age beliefs are positive. A lot of new age people are quite awake, and feel like they have a mission on earth of a divine nature. I have no idea how new age people got such a bad reputation, from the churches, when everyone in the new age group is trying to live their lives in the highest spiritual self. Part of that is recognizing all are equal, and treating everyone with respect.

To tell you the truth, I didn't even know that I was a new age person until I was labeled as such and told that was satanic. But when you understand the new age, labeling is an old age energy, not a new age. It's recognized as what it is and I move along.

posted on Jul, 7 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
How can you debunk a year that hasnt even happened yet? Im going to debunk sunday. hmmm will we have chicken or not.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I am personally looking forward to the 2012 movie - not just for the special effects but also to see what line Hollywood is pushing. As a recent visitor to the offical Sony movie site I was flabbergasted to see the IHC being pushed upon ignorant and impressionable readers (myself included) as a legitimate organisation. I did some research and what did I find? Another Hollywood hoax designed to instill fear into the hearts of innocent movie goers. Have a read of The Institute for Human Continuity (IHC) - Hoax or Real Deal?

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
i feel 2012 is more significant than Y2K. the real 20th century ended back in 1990 anyway so 2000 was just another year. in fact it was kinda in the midst of an era that covered most of the 1990s and 2000s.

i'm definitely not expecting to die in 2012, in fact i'm expecting the world to be reborn, world peace, a fundamental change for the positive in human consciousness, something like that.

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by randomguy

OP, it sounds to me like you are afraid of change.

As far as "new age," what you are referring to is probably actually knowledge that is 100's or 1000's of years old. So what you call new is actually very old.

Don't understand? You will, or you will suffer more and more as the date nears. Not by any mysterious, pseudo-scientific force, but by very natural cause-and-effect cycles that are winding down because you have lived out all of your life thus far in a very unbalanced society and culture.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AG123

did you watch the "2012 debunked" video ?

Why not ?

Is evidence irrelevant to you ?

That is a definite sign of being brainwashed.

And these 2012 proponents, what evidence do they present ?

Have you heard of the term "pseudoscience" ? Do you know what it means ?

regarding the 2012 phenomenon

The 2012 "phenomenon" ? What evidence has been presented to support the prediction of such a "phenomenon" ? I ask you again, are you familiar with the term "pseudoscience" ?

Pretty pictures in videos, or the person in the video saying that "many people think that something will happen in 2012" is not evidence, but it is a manipulation technique, a trick used to make people belive information without seeing any evidence for it.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by randomguy

Very true.....

It's also very clear what your intentions are.

I know they are, I spelled them out in my post.

Are you suggesting we follow your path? What exactly is your path?

I think we know; don't we?

Read my original post again, maybe you will understand better without asking silly questions.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by randomguy]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus

Not sure we aren't headed in the right direction sort of with all the Quantum theory stuff and Life as G-d, Jungian collective unconscious body energy Universal order and whatever being floated about

Actually attempting to understand what G-d is as opposed to passing out Rules and telling people about Fire and Brimstone if they don't comply is kind of getting dated no?

You sound terribly confused.

This type of mangled ramblings are exactly the type of "evidence" that the 2012 proponents are using to support their theorys in their videos.

and... I sort of really like Meditation and stuff

A... so that`s what it was...

and girls do look pretty in pretty dresses and sandals as opposed to the whole Amish "cover up thine arse" look...

I like girls in short dresses too. You are confused again.

You are saying that anybody who doesnt belive in the new age or 2012 is amish.

I think you should quit whatever you are doing because it has eroded your capacity for coherent thought.

and... I do keep a pocket full of crystals usually... not sure they do any good but they are kind of nicer than a Dead guy hanging from a Cross or a Veil...

There is an eerie analogy between this statement of yours and all the 2012 mumbo jumbo.

A bunch of people buying into all sorts of stuff for which there is no real evidence, only pseudoscience, and hearsay.

You are not sure if they do any good... (which means you havent seen them do sh*t). But you belive in them anyway...

I am not surprised.

And most of it is just constant positive thought based as opposed to constant scaring the poop out of me...

You dont know what positivity is.

There is disney cartoon positivity, where you go down on the Titanic and you say to yourself some silly stuff to make your feel better about dieing And then there is practical usefull positivity , as used by champion guys such as Donald Trump and Tony Robbins, the one that helps you see the part of the glass that is half full rather than the empty half, in order that you can use it and overcome the situation (and not just so you can feel better about the bad situation).

Real positivity means seeing the oportunitys to fix the problem.

The first kind keeps retards happy while they lose the battle and die like rats, the second one helps people see how to overcome the situation and be champions.

If Tony or Donald saw your "I am not sure if crystals work but I use them anyway" example of "positivity" they would kick your hippy ass for ruining the meaning of the word.

What's actually the big problem with New Age Religions?

Your crystals story is a perfect example of what the problem is.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by randomguy]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by randomguy

After being involved with the idea for awhile now.. I can tell you it's not some ploy to convert you. They don't care if they convert you. Infact many of them say "Oh well as long as you're a decent person, you will be alright in 2012"

Personally, I think 2012 is just another date thats brought to mythic proportions. 12-21-12 will come, and pass, nothing bad nor good will happen.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join