It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

face on mars!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I realize that this thing has been covered pretty extensively here on ATS, but I never really found the bottom line. I think that the PROOF is in the picture. "It is a picture of a face."

In my opinion, It is man's most important discovery since the discovery of mars itself and we have not done a single solid thing to study it. I think spending a billion or two to prove or disprove this thing would be way more than justified. Like I said, "It looks like a face." And six times out of ten, if it looks like a face, it is probably a face.
And if it's not; "Prove it." upload.wikimedia.org...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by president
I realize that this thing has been covered pretty extensively here on ATS, but I never really found the bottom line. I think that the PROOF is in the picture. "It is a picture of a face."

In my opinion, It is man's most important discovery since the discovery of mars itself and we have not done a single solid thing to study it. I think spending a billion or two to prove or disprove this thing would be way more than justified. Like I said, "It looks like a face." And six times out of ten, if it looks like a face, it is probably a face.
And if it's not; "Prove it." upload.wikimedia.org...

The picture is your proof? Thats your argument? Well that doesnt mean anything imo. A picture can look like anything with lighting and shading and many other factors. I believe this is why many dont believe it is a face. Yes I think it looks like a face but the picture really isnt enough for me. You should look at some of the threads on here on this picture, they have quite a bit of information to try and back up their proof besides the picture..

link   
heres a close up of the face

apod.nasa.gov...

link   
Perhaps nasa already knows the truth about mars, we jus get a whacky thrown together theory which is suppose to answer all our questions, but it jus creates even more. They are definitely hiding something from us, most of nasas pictures are often such poor quality, amazing how they cannot seem to invest in decent cameras.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

and from this close up I see a lion face for some reason.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Isn't that face like what miles long, and only from that angle does it seem to look like a face.

Its huge, it's big, it's tall, it's a rock.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

The Sphynx was a lion.

"Prove it."

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by president

www.skepdic.com...

I can't prove it's fake, it's not, it's real, just like that cheeto really makes you believe that it's jesus
sure it's a real cheeto, but no a mystical being didn't possess a cheeto to confirm to his liking...

Cheeto is real, What you see in the cheeto is a mistake.

Maybe not a rock, more or less a mountain.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
If it was a face they could cover it up and they havent, and a close up has been shown of the rock.. what more do people want!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by president

i did prove it. i have provided a better picture. a clearer and more close up picture (aka the one i provided) is better proof of what it is than your blurrier and smaller one

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
that "rock" is intriguing enough to warrant a special trip there. There are supposed ruins near by so a rover, once proving or disproving the face, could move onto the "ruins".

Funny that we sent two rovers (that landed) and where did we send them?? The equilivant here on Earth would be the Sahara desert. Why? there is much more interesting things than desert.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Some of the correspondences with the way certain ancient monuments are laid out and the way the Cydonia area on Mars is configured are pretty extreme and hard to refute. Somebody did an exhaustive comparision of ancient sacred sites around the world and the Mars site and concluded they were all the same basic star map, with various implications. There's a very good ATS thread on it here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I thought that same thing when I was looking that the picture just now. On the right side, it kinda looks like a lion.

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by president

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

The Sphynx was a lion.

"Prove it."

Haa yeah after I posted that I thught of the Sphinx. Also the Sphinx wasnt a full lion, only it's body but many have wondered if it's face was originally a lion. IMO I believe it is very possible but I will not go there on here. I have read many books that talk about this. It did make me wonder a lot more about the pyramids and Egypt after reading some of those books.. I personally think the Egyptian history we are told is wrong and much older than thought, but thats my opinion.

(bbcode)

[edit on Thu Jul 9 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
First off ..every one has been looking at it upsidedown..were we think the eye brows are is the top of the shoulders and the neck and eys have been eroded take a close look at it when ya can and youll see it

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by president...And six times out of ten, if it looks like a face, it is probably a face...

This one in Canada looks like a face, also, but it's completely natural (except for the road leading to the "ear")...

...or are you counting this one as one of the other four out of ten? ...And even if your "six out of ten" figure was accurate, if this one is one of the four out of ten, then perhaps the face on Mars is also one of those "natural" ones.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4e4f91ce5774.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 7/6/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
In 06, The Mars Express orbiter mapped out the area closer with some special stereo camera, it really just is what it seems on the higher res photos, a very large rock, when seen from a distance and certain angle appears too be face.

A
B

Great pictures, showing the superb perspective capabilities of the ME orbiter.

There are also a handful of other photos that totally blow the mars face theory away. A lot already lurking around the threads on this site.

As far as proof goes, you'll just have too wait till you can visit the place for yourself

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by fill0000

Yeah that second picture just looks like a mountain area not a face. I think it would be awesome if it were a face but I am just not sure. Even if NASA knows they are not going to tell!

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest
heres a close up of the face

apod.nasa.gov...

this picture has been retouched. look at it. it looks retouched. how do i know? i spent 8+ years doing retouching/restoration for a living. we've all heard the stories that all photos are sanitized at NASA.is it so hard to believe they wouldn't retouch it? who would doubt their word? they're official... they're NASA, right? they wouldn't lie to us, would they?

also

that mound has a shape that is too difficult for me to believe it is naturally occurring.

anyone agree with me?

[edit on 6-7-2009 by normal_human_being]

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by fill0000

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Thu Jul 9 2009 by Jbird]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join